Cloning override button and the Nous Chip

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Midaychi
Byond Username: Amidaychi

Cloning override button and the Nous Chip

Post by Midaychi » #180085

tl;dr stacks n trans-humanism and shit
--

First idea is to make a cloning override button. Pressing this allows you to disable the check for a consciousness in the body, instead allowing you to clone 50 mindless lizard-men for your awkward pose museum or whatever.

Second idea is something I'm arbitrarily calling a Nous chip, because it can be located at the base of your neck and it allows a doctor to say "Let me remove that Nous from your neck" with a straight face.

Basically you can use a cloner scanner loaded with a nous chip to upload someone's ghost to it. You have to have someone in the clone scanner with a ghost to scan them into the chip, just like you do with clone scanners right now.
Normally if the (victim) is conscious it will give a yes/no prompt when you attempt this, and pressing no will block it. Fortunately for the morally challenged, a few modifications to the sensor equipment in a scanner and unconscious (victims) don't get the yes no prompt.

Having a Nous chip with a consiousness (Ghost) on it means you can do a number of things.
You can surgically implant it in an empty clone body, or any body a player can control therefore implanting a ghost in it. Not sure if this includes corgis. You can also remove the chip to remove the ghost.

You can insert it into a clone scanner and attempt to clone it, and the clone scanner will clone whatever dead body is in the scanner at the time and move the the Nous chip to the new clone.

You can implant it in a body that already has a ghost, thereby overriding the already existing ghost until the nous chip is removed. You may have to do something to any loyalty or tracking vital implants first before you do this.

You can insert a Nous chip into a cyborg when they are exposed and unpowered and wiring is exposed. Cyborgs with ghosts in them already will get overridden until nous chip is removed, cyborgs with no ghost will gain one, Nous chips with no ghosts will transfer the cyborg's ghost onto the nous chip (though will remain in control as long as the chip is inserted).
CAUTION: Nous chips used in cyborgs will retain and sync laws even after the Nous chip is removed. The only way to fix this is to either use modified syndicate Nous chips or clean their laws using a process involving the cloner.

In terms of gibbing and decapitation, the Nous chip is a little doodad attached to the bottom of the brain stem. Taking the brain out directly will take the Nous chip with it, and you can remove it with a scalpel. Alternatively, you can just remove or add a Nous chip without removing the brain.

----

Third idea: Remote Nous chip. It's a syndicate modified Nous chip that has had its circuitry replaced and heavily modified. Instead of being capable of carrying ghosts, the chip has tele-presence circuitry.

Ordering this from the uplink will spawn a chip and a pair of goggles with built in neural interface and earbuds that looks like a normal pair of goggles.

You can use/implant this in any way you can use a Nous chip normally, except that it cannot hold a ghost and will error out in a clone scanner.

While this chip is in a cyborg or a living body, you can wear the goggles to take direct control of that body or robot or whatever and see from its perspective. If the chip is in a body that already has a ghost, you can allow that ghost to control the body and just be a voice in its head, or take direct control. Your own body slumps, so be sure to be on a bed or buckled to a chair or something.
Last edited by Midaychi on Wed May 25, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Cloning override button and the Nous Chip

Post by DemonFiren » #180100

I read that as nsos chip and really the post fits.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Midaychi

Post by Midaychi » #180105

DemonFiren wrote:No sense of self chip
I suppose that fits too. You really wouldn't have a sense of self if you were copy-able software? Or something?
I was just trying to find a reasonable alternative to the neural lace I totally wasn't jacking the idea from honest.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #180122

NO MORE WAYS FOR GHOSTS TO GET BACK IN THE ROUND
Midaychi

Post by Midaychi » #180126

allura wrote:NO MORE WAYS FOR GHOSTS TO GET BACK IN THE ROUND
Er?
You have to have a living body or brain or cyborg to get a ghost from in the first place. The ghosts are already in the round, so I'm not sure what you mean? Did you mistake what I was suggesting for a PAI or a POSITRON type mechanic?

Edit ok I had to re-read and I see where you MIGHT have mistaken what I meant? I literally meant you had to have a living person or a body with a ghost in it in the cloner scanner in order to put it onto the nous chip. Just like if you were scanning/cloning now, except -> chip instead of -> body or database.

When I say ghost, I mean ghost that is already bound and inside a player, and not the free ones floating around pressing their ghost balls all over the captain's face.