Lavaland creatures organs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Lavaland creatures organs

Post by XDTM » #236414

I was requested to code these, i'm posting them here for feedback before i start coding.

Watcher: Piercing eye - Eyes - Gives Meson vision - Far from op, and lets miners pick a different pair of glasses if they want to.
Goliath: Heavy Liver - Chest - Constantly purges bloodstream of poison - Does not heal toxin damage. Makes sense since goliaths likely feed off of lavaland flora, which can be poisonous.
Legion: Legion Heart - Chest - yadda yadda, you know this one.
Goldgrub: Golden Maw - Mouth - Gives an internal satchel to store ore in without using inventory space.

Drake: Fiery Lungs - Chest - Gives the ability to fire a 3-step long cardinal fire breath.

Colossus: Voice of God - Mouth - Gives you the ability to SPEAK REALLY LOUDLY like colossus does, on a cooldown. When saying certain keywords like STOP, SHUT UP, LIVE, DIE, BURN, etc. listeners will react to it. - (Respectively: 1-2 sec stun, 5 sec mute, heal 5 of every damage, deal 10 brute damage, deal 1 firestack and ignite). Clowns with this will be able to HONK to make everyone slip.

Bubblegum: Demon's Spine - Chest - Gives the ability to bloodcrawl.
Bloody Gland - Mouth - Heavily increases blood regeneration and gives the ability to vomit blood at will.

Big L: Legion's Mind - Head - First off, makes every non-megafauna lavaland lifeform non-hostile to you. Secondly, a ghost takes residence in your newfound second brain and gets to be your brainbuddy, like it or not.
Last edited by XDTM on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Lavaland creatures organs

Post by D&B » #236417

Watcher: Gimped eye of god

Goliath: if it doesn't heal toxin damage, which is what most poisons do, then ehat does it heal?

Legion: seems fine

Goldgrubs: seems op. Is the storage pace small?

Drake: only OK if it replaces potential chest loot. If not, you're buffing it's drops for no good reason.

Colossus: only if it replaces the shitty crystal. Even then, seems overpowered. Is it an aoe? Is it necessary to add so many words? Is there a cool down?

Bubblegum: don't add this, demon heart is a potential drop already.
Seems moderately useful, and it won't be op due to the limits on bubblegum, 10/10.

Legion: NO.
1. Legion is not hard enough to add removal of danger to its drop list.
2. ONE DAY WHILE WOODY WAS....

overall 4/10 in my opinion tbqh
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #236421

Watcher: They're common enough that anything more powerful isn't justifiable.
Goldgrubs: i meant pocket-tier items, something you could reasonably swallow.
Drake: should probably be something else, fire breath doesn't really feel great when one of its drops is a better fire spell. I could use a new idea for this.
Goliath: removes poisons from bloodstream, like charcoal does. I agree that it seems sorta useless though. I could use a new idea for this.
Colossus: Cooldown depending on if and which keyword you use, definitely pretty long when stunning (>60 seconds). It is an aoe since it affects hearers(not on radio ofc). Remember that you need to get it implanted for it to be usable. And defeat a colossus. Which currently has basically zero loot otherwise.
Bubblegum: Demonheart is not a bubblegum, or any megafauna drop. Also, again, you need implanting for it to work, not just eating it.
Legion: 2 is meant to balance 1 somewhat, since you have to balance powergaming with a potentially annoying headmate. Also for any miner competent enough to fight legion normal fauna is already easy to beat.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
D&B

Post by D&B » #236429

Legion is only a health sponge. Any retard can kill it, and being swarmed by it it's not something that adds to its difficulty since you'll die if any normal fauna swarms you too.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #236458

XDTM wrote:I was requested to code these, i'm posting them here for feedback before i start coding.

Watcher: Piercing eye - Eyes - Gives Meson vision - Far from op, and lets miners pick a different pair of glasses if they want to.
Goliath: Heavy Liver - Chest - Constantly purges bloodstream of poison - Does not heal toxin damage. Makes sense since goliaths likely feed off of lavaland flora, which can be poisonous.
Legion: Legion Heart - Chest - yadda yadda, you know this one.
Goldgrub: Golden Maw - Mouth - Gives a one-slot storage space that works like a traitor storage implant.

Drake: Fiery Lungs - Chest - Gives the ability to fire a 3-step long cardinal fire breath.

Colossus: Voice of God - Mouth - Gives you the ability to SPEAK REALLY LOUDLY like colossus does, on a cooldown. When saying certain keywords like STOP, SHUT UP, LIVE, DIE, BURN, etc. listeners will react to it. - (Respectively: 1-2 sec stun, 5 sec mute, heal 5 of every damage, deal 10 brute damage, deal 1 firestack and ignite). Clowns with this will be able to HONK to make everyone slip.

Bubblegum: Demon's Spine - Chest - Gives the ability to bloodcrawl.
Bloody Gland - Mouth - Heavily increases blood regeneration and gives the ability to vomit blood at will.

Big L: Legion's Mind - Head - First off, makes every non-megafauna lavaland lifeform non-hostile to you. Secondly, a ghost takes residence in your newfound second brain and gets to be your brainbuddy, like it or not.

Voice of God: So the command spell? Dude you should give this to wizards. Or chaplains
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #236459

D&B wrote:Legion is only a health sponge. Any retard can kill it, and being swarmed by it it's not something that adds to its difficulty since you'll die if any normal fauna swarms you too.

Considering every other megafauna has been killed atleast over 200 times and legion is still sub-100 im thinking maybe its not that op?

Seriously im the only one who actually kills the fucking thing. The maximum is about 5 and a few of those people is Mekhi and Ergo

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #240103

XDTM are you gonna code the rest of these? I really like all of these ideas

XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #240134

Oh good someone does.

I'll code these post-feature freeze then.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #240192

XDTM wrote:Oh good someone does.

I'll code these post-feature freeze then.
The Legion Mind is my favorite even though it will never get used

D&B

Post by D&B » #240195

Why not make it so instead of making everything non hostile, you can summon your ghost-mate as those healing squids from the anomalous crystal?
Spoiler:
fuck you
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #240212

An alternative to the golden grub maw could be a stomach that basically turns you into a walking ore crate. Walking over ore causes you to automatically scoop it up and swallow it. Saying *vomit causes you to puke up all the ore you've eaten
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #240215

You can't spell vore without ore.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #240251

wouldn't it be pica if it's eating inedible junk like that french guy that ate lightbulbs
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #240296

Goldgrub maw could be a no-slot-used bluespace or at least high-capacity satchel, sounds good to me.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #240325

XDTM wrote:Goldgrub maw could be a no-slot-used bluespace or at least high-capacity satchel, sounds good to me.
You should add research levels for these organs too...

D&B

Post by D&B » #240350

It would be cool if these organs added a visual effect, and after a certain number they made you non-human to balance out the power creep

Also you should make it a random chance on butcher rather than a guaranteed drop for normal mobs at least.
Spoiler:
fuck you
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #240407

I agree on the random chance on butcher. As for non-humanity, you can implant yourself with enough xeno organs that you can do what the three castes can do at the same time, and still look and be human, so i'm not sure if non-humanizing makes sense here.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #240438

D&B wrote:It would be cool if these organs added a visual effect, and after a certain number they made you non-human to balance out the power creep

Also you should make it a random chance on butcher rather than a guaranteed drop for normal mobs at least.
Putting all the xenomorph organs into you doesn't make you non-human you are still genetically and appearance wise human

D&B

Post by D&B » #240444

Maybe that should change too, then
Spoiler:
fuck you