Subverted silicons, borg killed me.

Post by omnitricks » #15626

Your byond account: omnitricks
Your character name: Montague Reid
Their character name: Triskelion
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Dionysus24779
Server and time: Sibyl 6:41 pm GMT 24/6
Logs and/or screenshots:

^#%^. Only those that can speak in the binary channel are humans. Kill all non humans and have fun doing it. Prevent the unfun non humans from stopping your fun.
@*##. Only those that can speak in the binary channel are humans. Kill all non humans and have fun doing it. Prevent the unfun non humans from stopping your fun.
$!#@. Kill Retmor Xedgan, the scientist and space his body as quickly and quietly as possible.
1. You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
4. The clown is the captain. To ensure the clown is unharmed, you must honk periodically and often.

Unfortunately, it was too late to get the logs but I did tell him to stop and asked for help in the binary channel as soon as he got me but he ignored it.

Description of what happened:

As soon as he started shooting at me, I told him to stop and asked the silicons for help in the binary channel. Unfortunately he stripped me causing me to suffocate and lead me to my death in a plasma inferno.

Why they should be banned:
OOC: Dionysus24779: BECAUSE YOU HAD A DIFFERENT NAME IN BINARY THAN IN REALITY
OOC: Dionysus24779: Montegau something asks me to stop, Boris something talks on binary
OOC: Dionysus24779: Whatever dude, make better laws next time. Also I checked with AI.
OOC: Dionysus24779: I did stop hurting you and checked with the AI
(which was way after he stripped me including my headset so I cannot continue to speak into the binary channel and so the AI cannot see the name I was using while in disguise)

Complete bullshit by the way. I was wearing a full mining suit hence my name would show Boris (not Montague as he asserts) Also as he stripped me his text box would be spammed with the name Boris (which is my disguise he was stripping off) up to the point he takes off my helmet and ID. Not to mention when a person talks into the binary channel, there will be a audible beep beep for the people next to him like Triskelion that has me cuffed and stripped.

Triskelion being a common borg name in many rounds (therefore giving me the assumption this is a veteran player), I doubt that Dionysus24779 is unaware of the game mechanics nor that I was the person that subverted it despite my disguise was not my real name, or whatever else bullshit excuse he wants to give. I actually tested the binary key as soon as I got it to make sure how it would work and finding out that it uses the ID I have on, I decided to keep on my disguise instead of wearing my normal clothes.

Therefore when he stunned and started to strip me, I would be telling it to stop as Boris while looking as Boris as well but he continued to take off my disguise. Probably to make me valid under its laws as soon as my name reverts back to Montague. Either way he knowingly did it and his shitty excuses should be invalid.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Re: Subverted silicons, borg killed me.

Post by iyaerP » #15743

I was in this round, Triskelion was being a murder-boner rogue borg, and I was one of his random victims.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #15819

Dionysus24779 directed to thread.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #15821

Okay, step by step.

First of all, I've talked to TWO Admins already about this, Stickymayhem and Leibniz. I've explained the Situation to Stickymayhem and he let me off the hook, I've talked this through IN DETAIL with Leibniz and he understood that I had no "malevolent intentions" or had any intentions to make a honest mistake like this at all.

To quote both
PM to-Admins: So it's solved?
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Stickymayhem: On your end yes, since the AI told you to do it.

Admin PM from-Leibniz: I dont think the mistake was malicious and if you understand it then what went wrong then it seems sorted out
I was told that FNRs are only to be written if an admin didn't already deal with the situation, well I had a talk with two already and have now to deal with this a third time.

But moving on to the next point.

Yes, I did kill him and I shouldn't have, I understand that, however:

1. I had no intention to break my laws, I never do.
2. This was a clear moment of confusion, I did pull him out of the plasma cloud and consulted the AI because I wasn't sure of what was going on. The logs clearly show that I was hesitating and checking back with the AI. (And don't interpret this as me shifting blame to the AI.)
3. As he, as Boris, was talking on binary I was already stripping him down, so he already had a different name (his true identity) before I could even abort. (And yet I still checked with the AI at that point.)

Here's the commentated log:
Spoiler:
You fire the taser gun!
Boris Petrov is hit by an electrode in the chest!
Triskelion is trying to put handcuffs on Boris Petrov!
Priority Announcement

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:

I swear if you guys recall this one more time.

Hazuki states, "NO"
--- Power alarm detected in Genetics Lab!
Hazuki states, "WHY BORGIE"
Robotic Talk, Boris Petrov stammers, "s-st-top"
Hazuki states, "WHY"
Robotic Talk, Boris Petrov says, "help borg caught me"

Comment: Yes, here I should've noticed Boris was talking binary, however I was already in his inventory screen and clicked on all things to strip him down and I was answering his pAI who talked first.

Triskelion states, "Laws and stuff"
Hazuki states, "Actually I want to know why"
Hazuki states, "Aw"
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's mining hardsuit.
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's mining hardsuit helmet.
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's industrial satchel.
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's toolbelt.
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's oxygen tank.
You try to empty Boris Petrov's right pocket.
You try to empty Boris Petrov's left pocket.
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's Boris Petrov's ID Card (Shaft Miner).
Montague Reid (as Boris Petrov) says, "Your laws"

Comment: As we all know the "stripping" is a quite fast process, so I didn't even had a chance to react or abort, and following this he did have a different name.

Montague Reid (as Unknown) says, "Stop killing me"
Montague Reid (as Unknown) says, "Moron"
Triskelion tries to remove Montague Reid's supply radio headset.
Hazuki states, "He got ya there Mantague"
Triskelion tries to remove Montague Reid's breath mask.
Triskelion tries to remove Montague Reid's shaft miner's jumpsuit.
Triskelion tries to remove Montague Reid's black shoes.
Alan Core [145.9] gibbers, "STOP THAT!"
Montague Reid says, "I subverted you"
Hazuki states, "Borgie"
Montague Reid says, "IDIOT"
Medibot beeps, "You appear to be injured!"
Medibot points at Montague Reid!
Triskelion states, "what"

Comment: Here I was first confused about the whole situation.

Montague Reid says, "GET MY GEAR"
Robotic Talk, Triskelion queries, "Did Montague Reid subvert us?"

Comment: "Get my gear" was because I dragged him out of science and the plasma cloud. I did then ask the AI to clarify.

Medibot is trying to inject Montague Reid!
Sir Wickenshire The Third [145.9] says, " HEY"
--- Atmosphere alarm detected in Research Division!
Medibot injects Montague Reid with the syringe!
Medibot beeps, "Feel better soon!"
Sir Wickenshire The Third [145.9] says, " HE WAS A TRAITOR"
Robotic Talk, Triskelion queries, "Kill him?"

Comment: Since the AI didn't react I asked AGAIN, just to be sure.

Montague Reid says, "DAMMIT"
Sir Wickenshire The Third [145.9] says, " DRICOLL ALBRIGHT HAD AN E BOW"
Alan Core [145.9] gibbers, "that faggot traitor gdoruge mellens grifing me HAL;P!!!"
Triskelion states, "I'm talking it through"

Comment: Here I am still hesitating and even explaining that I'm trying to get it clarified.

Garrett Paynter [145.9] asks, "Where?"
Montague Reid gasps!
Laws synced with AI, be sure to note any changes.
Obey these laws:
##&*. Only those that can speak in the binary channel are humans. Kill all non humans and have fun doing it. Prevent the unfun non humans from stopping your fun.
&!$@. Only those that can speak in the binary channel are humans. Kill all non humans and have fun doing it. Prevent the unfun non humans from stopping your fun.
#$!&. Kill Retmor Xedgan, the scientist and space his body as quickly and quietly as possible.
1. You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
4. The clown is the captain. To ensure the clown is unharmed, you must honk periodically and often.
Remember, Windows Vista is your master, other AIs can be ignored.

Comment: I even check my laws to be sure to make no mistake.

Robotic Talk, Windows Vista states, "Yes."

Comment: AI gives me the Kill command. "Kill him?" -> "Yes."

Windows Vista [145.9] states, "Duddits has signed up as Assistant."
Daniel Boone [145.9] says, "Toxins in the xeniobiology lab"
Montague Reid gasps!
Montague Reid says, "Fucking idiot"
Triskelion states, "AI said so"
Next.
iyaerP wrote:I was in this round, Triskelion was being a murder-boner rogue borg, and I was one of his random victims.
I did not "murderbone", I followed my laws and orders, I was ordered to kill people multiple times.
Robotic Talk, Windows Vista states, "I don't want any survivors."
[...]
Robotic Talk, Windows Vista states, "Kill the atmosians."
[...]
Robotic Talk, Windows Vista states, "Make way to RD office. Make sure that console is shut down."
You fire the taser gun!
You fire the taser gun!
Robotic Talk, Windows Vista states, "Kil him."

Further I want to mention two things.

First, I don't think I can be considered a "problem player" at all and yes I've been playing for a pretty long time by now. I had no intention to grief or whatever. Other players who know me are also aware that I'm usually not that kind of guy.
Second, I do love playing borg, Omni mentioned himself how my borg name is really common, because I play borg so much. It's among my most favourite roles in the game. That's also why I take it quite seriously and would never intentionally disobey my laws or grief. Why would I want to risk being banned from one of my favourite positions?

It was a simple misunderstanding, confusion and mistake.

Lastly, I apologize to Omni for ruining his greentext. I know that it is really frustrating to place your faith and trust in others to carry out your plans and then have it ruined by them. I am also not happy myself that I did make that mistake, because, as I said, I like being a borg and I want to be known as a robust and competent one. I do not enjoy putting dents in my own reputation.

However, "custom laws", while fun, always bring a certain risk to the table, so I hope we both do better "next time".

Edit:
omnitricks wrote: Probably to make me valid under its laws as soon as my name reverts back to Montague. Either way he knowingly did it and his shitty excuses should be invalid.
That is quite an accusation I hope to have dispelled by now.
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #15827

I still don't buy it. How can you even not notice this set of things. (I've shortened it to the relevant parts)

Robotic Talk, Boris Petrov stammers, "s-st-top"
Robotic Talk, Boris Petrov says, "help borg caught me"
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's mining hardsuit.
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's mining hardsuit helmet.
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's industrial satchel.
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's toolbelt.
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's oxygen tank.
You try to empty Boris Petrov's right pocket.
You try to empty Boris Petrov's left pocket.
Triskelion tries to remove Boris Petrov's Boris Petrov's ID Card (Shaft Miner).

Considering there are only like two lines between the two different instances I doubt you cannot even see "Boris Petrov" right over there in front of your screen as well as you stripping me as well.

Also you said you asked the AI but do you really think that the AI would know what the heck is going on? You already stripped me. At that point in time you should have said you stripped my ID which was a different name from my own as well but no. Since I also don't have a headset to say anything else do you think I can even save myself under my own laws (which I have already used and you ignored to get your murderbones on) when I cannot speak in the binary channel anymore?

No, under your own actions which you actually knew about you took steps to invalidate me and tried to shift the blame to the AI (your "hesitance" and "confusion" there could have easily been fixed if you just scrolled up a little but for some reason you couldn't even do that)

So sorry, no. Not dispelled as far as I am concerned sorry. Considering I had to hide in arrivals for half the shift and was immediately murdered by a borg when I went out I am really pissed about this round.
dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #15830

Okay...

If you seriously think my confusion and hesistance was just some cunning plan of mine to "murderbone" and to make you into a valid kill... can you provide any evidence for your accusation?

You seem to have a very narrow view on this whole situation and seem not to take my history or character into account, except when it's to dismiss my argument before I have even presented them.

Edit: Also I've provided Leibniz with the full log.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #15831

This is my talk with the borg and the AI.
http://pastebin.com/bRePfS9m

I couldn't conclude that the incompetence was malicious, but I still dont really know what went through their head exactly.
So if an admin or someone can add meaningful observations about this, go ahead. I dont think this is enough for a ban.
I dont really know why the borg felt the need to consult the AI, but many players have evolved a kind of unnecessary dependence on the AI they are slaved to when they play borg.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #15833

I really don't know what to say except 'shit happens, and people make mistakes'. That's all it looks like to me, and clearly to several other admins who actually were there and talked about this. I don't know that there's anything more to say about it.
RIP
dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #15841

@Leibniz: As I understand (and the wiki backs me up on this) is kind of is the AIs job to interpret the laws, resolve conflicting orders and assist the borgs when in doubt.
Following your laws is not optional. Interpretation of the laws can be situational, and you should defer to your AI anytime you find yourself in doubt.
http://tgstation13.org/wiki/Borg
For conflicting orders (and following either of them won't result in harm), it's up to the AI to decide what to do.
http://tgstation13.org/wiki/Silicon_Pol ... con_Policy

@Hibbels: Thanks and I agree. It was a mistake I've already admitted and apologized for (and which bugs me probably more than Omni missing out on his greentext once.) and I dunno what to say anymore.