Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Helios » #154730

Bottom post of the previous page:

Let Chameleon Huds transform into Diagonstic HUDs
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #154780

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:Surgery tools should make their attack sounds at the end of their surgery step! Things without attack sounds like hemostats might make squishy noises!
this is really really easy to do, surgery code isn't that hard
I know it is, I am just lazy!
Helios wrote: Let Chameleon Huds transform into Diagonstic HUDs
A simple and easy request. I can get around this.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #154921

Alt-clicking a stunbaton should make it spin in your hand (it's in the code, I'm pretty sure), and the user should shout; "TRAITOR!!", on a ten-second cooldown. Like Security masks, but cooler.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #154926

Need to sprite a security tonfa first.

Related - add the ability to emab a security mask. After you emag it, you can't take it off (because that would be extremely painful) and begin spouting memes instead of "SHUT UP, CRIME".
Bring back papercult.

TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #154946

Emagging a security mask should cause everything you say to come out as Security quotes, like the barnyard curse.
"Why can't I take this mask off?!" --> "FEAR THE WRATH OF THE GOLDEN BOLT"

Also, emagging laser tag guns/vests should make them do burn and stamina damage to people wearing the opposing colours (not my idea, LongBow's).
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #156395

1) Guns. Abductors and wizard shouldn't use guns. For abductors the taser is an easy mode - the ayyyliens who drop into armory and never use their advanced baton are the most dishonorable kind of scum. Shadowlings can't use tasers - why ayyliens should? As for wizard, it just doesn't fit them thematically. Unless the wizard took summon guns/lesser summon guns, he should be using magic for self defense.
2) Staff of change. It's not as good as it could have been. It's pool of mobs is basically this - a cyborg, a syndieborg, a slime, a drone, a few critters like corgi, monkey, alium hunter, blobbernaut and sentinel. That's it, I think. There are so much more fun monsters you could have inserted there - there are goliath, basilisk, hivelord, goldgrub, pine tree, bees, hivebot, headslug, zombies, skeletons, cult constructs, viscerators, clowns, deathsquids, death crabs, carps, magicarps, chaos magicarps...
Bring back papercult.

Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #156473

Make sec cams work like abductor/Ai cameras
The future is horrible!
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Post by Topham » #156477

TheNightingale wrote:Alt-clicking a stunbaton should make it spin in your hand (it's in the code, I'm pretty sure), and the user should shout; "TRAITOR!!", on a ten-second cooldown. Like Security masks, but cooler.
I think I saw something like this in the shitty ideas thread but honestly, I totally support this. It should also have a button at the top (whatever those are called) just like sec masks and secborg hailers, because alt clicking can be a pain.
Spoiler:
>inb4 TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #156525

Gun Hog wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Diag Eye-Implants for Robros.

Maybe Bluespace MagBoots that let you literally space walk?
I would not be allowed to add bluespace magboots, but Diagnostic implants were something I considered, but passed on them as I assumed that no one would ever bother with them. I rarely even see the Robos take the two HUDs from their lockers ;_;
I would always print one from RND because I didn't know they spawned in the lockers initially since they're at the bottom [well... just not the top].
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #156560

Give the engineering SSUs magboots. It's really fucky to fuck with spacewind, especially when you're trying to remove one of the other engines from the set-up area and spacewind keeps going "Nah fam, it's better out here".
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #157142

Walking over tiny/small items on the ground has a chance to knock them a single tile on any direction.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #157149

Shock sensors

Work like remote signallers and such, but trigger on the object it's attached to/in being moved

Stuff a shock sensor/TTV assembly in a backpack, reequip it on the dead body you took it from, run away and wait for the lagspike when some good Samaritan comes to bring the corpse to medbay
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #157150

Takeguru wrote:Shock sensors

Work like remote signallers and such, but trigger on the object it's attached to/in being moved

Stuff a shock sensor/TTV assembly in a backpack, reequip it on the dead body you took it from, run away and wait for the lagspike when some good Samaritan comes to bring the corpse to medbay
Just drop a remote-TTV in a backpack with a shock+remote and mousetrap+remote assembly, and you have a trap that will never be gotten rid of.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #157202

Yeah, but more assembly options is always good.

Also, this thing would work inside lockers and crates
kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Post by kust » #157368

I think we should add air injectors and (Don't know if this exist in the rapid piping device) air heater/air Igniter to the RPD.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #157658

Gun Hog wrote:Surgery tools should make their attack sounds at the end of their surgery step! Things without attack sounds like hemostats might make squishy noises!
A lot of the tools don't have a good sound.
the scalpel is p.good (but it does sound like you're hurting them since foremost it is an ATTACK sound)

all the others make a smack/whack sound and it just isn't great.
私は完璧
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #157684

Remie Richards wrote:
A lot of the tools don't have a good sound.
the scalpel is p.good (but it does sound like you're hurting them since foremost it is an ATTACK sound)

all the others make a smack/whack sound and it just isn't great.
We still have Cuboos around, right? We could make entirely new squishing and whirring sounds for this purpose. We really do need more sound guys...
Topham

Post by Topham » #157700

I feel like forcing all of the tools to make sounds is silly. I don't know about you but when I dissected frogs and shit in school it wasn't very loud. The saw and drill make sense but otherwise, I dunno.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #157755

Topham wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:Alt-clicking a stunbaton should make it spin in your hand (it's in the code, I'm pretty sure), and the user should shout; "TRAITOR!!", on a ten-second cooldown. Like Security masks, but cooler.
I think I saw something like this in the shitty ideas thread but honestly, I totally support this. It should also have a button at the top (whatever those are called) just like sec masks and secborg hailers, because alt clicking can be a pain.
Spoiler:
>inb4 TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!TRAITOR!
Have it actually have a doubled up defensive mechanism in which it has a good chance to deflect and shock people (when on, which incedentally depletes when lots of people spam to touch you, meaning you have no charges left to hit them with) who try to touch you from the position you are facing, but you can't strike until you move it back into attack mode (slowish mind to stop spamming between both states). Ought to slow down the greytiders and pains in the ass with those darn disarms.

> Makes baton and riot shield officers basically tanks vunerable to ranged fire, would be a good tactic for punishing xeno's with brief electric shocks, given the shield and the batons are first and second lines of defence. Greytiders beware the mighty nanotren box of doom (8 equipped officers totally surrounding a single person all defensive position batons drawn taking turns to strike with the shields)

Shouting traitor is optional (mandatory)

Spoiler:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #157831

Fire should break the glass in computers.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #157862

Merge Changeling spacesuit and armour together for 3-4 evolution points. Mainly because the ling space suit's sprites are /*TRASH*/.

Seriosuly, it looks like a fucking giant baby.
Impisi
Byond Username: Impisi

Post by Impisi » #158209

People seem to be upset that Modular Receivers are gated behind high tech and material cost.

I plan on tackling this myself but I'd like some feedback on a few ideas.

Idea A: Lower combat cost from 5 to 4. Add engineering 4 requirement. Remove silver cost. (Modular Receiver can be be obtained with ten to twenty minutes of roundstart)

Idea B: Same as A instead of Removing silver replace it with plasteel. (same as above but it takes a little more effort to secure some plasteel)

Idea C: Same as idea B but tech costs are now 5 combat 5 material and 5 engineering. (A little longer to tech to but can now be obtained without mining's help.)

Idea D: Remove the Modular Receiver from the Protolathe and add it to the hacked Autolathe. (Not a good idea, Cargo has access to mass produced shotgun shells as well so you'll have a militia ready to throw in about ten minutes)

Idea E: Keep the current costs, add the Modular Receiver as a rare drop in maintenance. (Balance isn't too out of wack and it helps cement its use as a improvised weapon.)

That's all I can think of. As it is these guns are never made due to SMG's being easier to obtain. I think making them somewhat more accessible is called for.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #158210

Do idea E, makeshift shotguns should happen more often.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Topham

Post by Topham » #158234

Zilenan91 wrote:Do idea E, makeshift shotguns should happen more often.
But option E would increase makeshift shotgun usage from zero times a round to once a round. They would only be seen once a round, and wouldn't be able to be the assistant's loyal firearm that it's proposed the would be. But I don't know, what do we want makeshift shotties to be? A militia staple? A grumpy RD's self-defense? Cargonia's default weapon? I honestly have no idea.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #158235

On one hand, gun cargo

On the other hand, assistants murdering each other for pipe guns
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #158241

Topham wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:Do idea E, makeshift shotguns should happen more often.
But option E would increase makeshift shotgun usage from zero times a round to once a round. They would only be seen once a round, and wouldn't be able to be the assistant's loyal firearm that it's proposed the would be. But I don't know, what do we want makeshift shotties to be? A militia staple? A grumpy RD's self-defense? Cargonia's default weapon? I honestly have no idea.
Cargonia's default weapon is either the KA or the combat shotty, depending on how competent the QM and/or his miners are.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Impisi

Post by Impisi » #158253

If only one spawns then wouldn't it be the armament of choice of the Assistant King
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #158286

Move the modular receiver from the protolathe to autolathe. Currently, it is only used to create makeshift weapons, Science makes proper weapons, not ones assembled from junk. I would prefer Science have a proper shotgun (although they often are allowed to keep the two extra shotguns from a combat shotguns crate) to go with the many shotshells they can tablecraft. Anyway, this is something you would see an assistant or a cargo tech wield. Leave it to be maint loot or something you can make at the autolathe.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #158290

I mean single fire shotguns are pretty unweildly and shitty to use anyways, unless you have high tech science shells. They would really excel in old school firing line volley fire, which sounds fucking awesome and is definitely something i would like to see. I dream of getting a tricorn hat and assembling my colonial assistant militia against the red invaders (nuke ops)
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #158342

When a dirty assistant gets his hand on a makeshift shotgun and taser slugs
Who even needs security
The future is horrible!
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #158419

Or buckshot. Buckshot is quite good against everything but Nuke Ops.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #158484

Now all we need is sawn-off single shotties to fit in pockets.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #158651

I could be wrong but I think you can saw off makeshift shotguns but they can't fit in pockets. They do fit on your back though.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Topham

Post by Topham » #158661

DemonFiren wrote:Now all we need is sawn-off single shotties to fit in pockets.
>shotties
>in pockets
No, bad lizard, bad
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #158735

Topham wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Now all we need is sawn-off single shotties to fit in pockets.
>shotties
>in pockets
No, bad lizard, bad
Give them a one per cent chance per tile to go off in your pants while running.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #158740

Pocket shotgun results in brief self-knockdown when fired
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Impisi

Post by Impisi » #158742

Well, I might have made it a little too rare. I might up the setting to 2.

Also, I'm going to buff the improvised shotgun shell because its absolutely pathetic. Three damage per pellet with a total of five pellets. A spear deals more damage.

I'm going do some experimenting first idea is to bump the damage to five per pellet and increase the amount of pellets to ten, with a wider spread. I'd love it if I could get it to feel like an unwieldy shrapnel explosion.

If anyone has any other ideas or balance suggestions, especially relating to the super charged shells, I'd appreciate them.
1g88a wrote:Pocket shotgun results in brief self-knockdown when fired
I was actually thinking of adding that to the supercharged shells.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #158943

Nah if they were more inaccurate you might as well not even buff them. Currently you can't hit anything with all the pellets 2 tiles in front of you which is ridiculous, if it was more accurate it'd be terrible. The improvised shells should do about 10 damage each. I could see the inaccuracy being put on the black powder shells though.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #158999

Put a RPD in the CE's Locker. This will allow him to do atmos without looting a atmos tech's locker.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #159015

Re-price the military belt to 1 TC

Seriously, 3 TCs for a belt?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159022

starmute wrote:Put a RPD in the CE's Locker. This will allow him to do atmos without looting a atmos tech's locker.
Yes
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #159044

remove security door remote from hos office and put it in wardens

i mean like hes the protector or brig and is here 24/7
like the qm gets cargo remote instead of the hop
The future is horrible!
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159047

I'd agree with that, warden is the lovable desk monkey distributor.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #159048

As Warden and QM player, I am totally not biased in favour of this.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #159050

DemonFiren wrote:As Warden and QM player, I am totally not biased in favour of this.
it isnt like most hosses give the remote to the warden anyhow 90% of the time
The future is horrible!
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #159070

food rations that need to be rehydrated
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #159072

Please give the RD a toolbelt. Even an empty one in his locker is acceptable. Not every map has a spare toolbelt for a HoP assigned Roboticist, yet he needs one just as much as the Robos do.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159091

420weedscopes wrote:food rations that need to be rehydrated
Already implemented in ramen pots.

I bet you chug raw dry ramen like a pleb.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #159092

Malkevin wrote:
420weedscopes wrote:food rations that need to be rehydrated
Already implemented in ramen pots.

I bet you chug raw dry ramen like a pleb.
* They're better dry.
* You recovered 90 HP!

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #159098

Goon's sprites are license compatible, right? Use goon's Ice Spider sprites.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #159099

You should be able to set your traitor uplink preferences alongside your character settings.
Like selecting whether you want a PDA uplink, headset uplink, SBR, multitool or implant (with only 10 TCs of course). Or no uplink at all you absolute madman.