ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor id

Post by DemonFiren » #195490

Bottom post of the previous page:

So, after playing some Fallout 2 I've gotten an idea for Ash Walkers that also works to change Lavaland's theme a little.

Make them work basically like intelligent deathclaws.
NT grabbed Wags' brothers and sisters, modified them to be thirty times larger and smarter, and dropped a breeding population on Lavaland to deter Syndicate colonisation.
Eventually these lizards found an old bio-lab left over from a previous civilisation and equipped with its own AI (that has gone completely rampant and only barely self-aware over time).
The AI offered them a deal: faster reproduction and greater intelligence in exchange for protecting it and feeding it specimens to process.
From the biomass of these specimens the AI clones deathclaw ashligger hatchlings which grow up remarkably quickly due to genememes, and were also modified to be much more aggressive than the original population.
End result? They're much larger, tougher and faster than humans as well as (possibly) immune to ash storms, however they cannot use guns or any machinery due to oversized claws.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #195568

DemonFiren wrote:So, after playing some Fallout 2 I've gotten an idea for Ash Walkers that also works to change Lavaland's theme a little.

Make them work basically like intelligent deathclaws.
NT grabbed Wags' brothers and sisters, modified them to be thirty times larger and smarter, and dropped a breeding population on Lavaland to deter Syndicate colonisation.
Eventually these lizards found an old bio-lab left over from a previous civilisation and equipped with its own AI (that has gone completely rampant and only barely self-aware over time).
The AI offered them a deal: faster reproduction and greater intelligence in exchange for protecting it and feeding it specimens to process.
From the biomass of these specimens the AI clones deathclaw ashligger hatchlings which grow up remarkably quickly due to genememes, and were also modified to be much more aggressive than the original population.
End result? They're much larger, tougher and faster than humans as well as (possibly) immune to ash storms, however they cannot use guns or any machinery due to oversized claws.
So getting rid of their ability to invade the station
Making them possibly a more destructive threat
Keeping with the science theme

You know I actually like this idea a lot

Sure Ashwalker invasions are fun but defending your homeworld from oncoming station threats is where it's at.
It would even give them an IC reason to not just be "WAAAAGH, poke pink fleshy ones with sticks till dead!"
As long as they're not so big that I can't hide in boxes then I'm fine.

Maybe we could even give them the power to claw away at walls with their claws, so they don't need picks.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195578

I was thinking of letting them force airlocks xeno-style, though perhaps on a longer timer.
And yeah, sure, bashing through rock sounds good.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #195586

> It's "DemonFiren tries to push his furfaggotry again" episode.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195605

InsaneHyena wrote:> It's "DemonFiren tries to push his furfaggotry again" episode.
>furfaggotry
>FURfaggotry

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #195620

> implying there's a substantial difference between lizardfag degeneracy and wolffag degeneracy

Anyway, to keep my post relevant to the thread. Two new custom suicides - for suiciding with arcane tome and clockwork slab. In the first case, your body is violently gibbed, but you leave behind a soulstone with your soul that can be used for creating a construct. Suicide with a slab dusts you instead, but also produces a ratvar positronic with your soul.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195632

>implying there isn't
>implying lizards are degenerate

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #195644

whenever someone deathgasps it should have a 1/10 chance of making a wilhelm scream
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #195702

Add a genetic mutation that basically lets you see ghosts.
You see ghosts, except to you
ghosts look like they did before they died.
And you can hear the dead chat
and spend your time fulfilling the wishes
of those who have died.
I_Honk_dead_people.jpg
I see dead chat.
All the time.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #195715

take blob out and replace it with monkey
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195930

Give the clown a can of canned laughter.
It contains 50-100u of a reagent that is completely purged as soon as a mob's system processes it, then plays a laugh track to anyone within hearing range.
Inject it into the chef's food!
Fill your water flower with it!
Fill Sec's pepper sprays with it while they're not looking!
Replace a cryo healing mix with canned laughter and colourful reagent!
Wreak havoc by dropping a large chemical payload filled with the stuff in Escape!

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #195932

MrEousTranger wrote:Add a genetic mutation that basically lets you see ghosts.
You see ghosts, except to you
ghosts look like they did before they died.
And you can hear the dead chat
and spend your time fulfilling the wishes
of those who have died.
I_Honk_dead_people.jpg
I see dead chat.
All the time.
wrong thread mate

although I wouldn't let them hear all deadchat, just from the ghosts close by
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #195954

Various chemicals present in a person's body should result in unusual and potentially devastating clone defects.

For example. If a person died of spider bites and had 30u of spider venom in their system while cloned, 30 spiderlings would be released from the cloner upon them being ejected.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #195997

Davidchan wrote:Various chemicals present in a person's body should result in unusual and potentially devastating clone defects.

For example. If a person died of spider bites and had 30u of spider venom in their system while cloned, 30 spiderlings would be released from the cloner upon them being ejected.
It should make them HALF SPIDER HALF MAN

omg do this for everything, cloned with xeno babby inside oh shit it'll be like alien resurrection with the disgusting Ripley clones.

Bit by a mutant IAN???????? CORGIMAN RACEEE!!!!
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #196121

a spider the size of a buick
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #196227

add a new subtype of traitor called the Validhunter. They spawn in all roundtypes with the objective to murder someone, but only appear if the target is an antag themselves who previously roundstart suicided as a non-antag.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #196241

Add anew wizard item, bag ofbears, comes with fifteen fuzzballs that when thrown turn into pissed offspacebears.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #196242

Reece wrote:Add anew wizard item, bag ofbears, comes with fifteen fuzzballs that when thrown turn into pissed offspacebears.
wrong thread
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #196258

Take the station. And drop it on the lava planet. Remove mining station and repurpose cargo.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #196261

Lumber will you ever recover from the fact that everyone likes a thing you don't like?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #196263

What do I not like?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #196277

ThanatosRa wrote:a spider the size of a buick
I'll take this and up you with Actual space spiders. None of this 'I must breathe o2' shit. They arrive via event, space dust (instead of sand/ore remnants, space eggs are interspersed in that and hatch when exposed to vacuum), or larger meteors. The babies are all player controlled spiderlings, basically. They grow exceedingly slow default to maturation but can(and should) consume eachother to get bigger, faster. Initial maturation you get spiders the size we are used to presently. But they need to find and consume their brothers still to reach the next tier of big-fucking-space-spider. Babies and eggs dying on the edge of the station should be a natural and usually benign process; they hatch and starve/die off in their environment easily. They are not predators.

Notes- They live in space, and are harmed by the atmosphere within a station proper.
-They do not need to 'eat' outside of power from wires. Their nests are made (commonly) on solars, where they can tap right into the feeds. The effect should be a blocking of said solar wing 'upriver' of the silk-webbing-whatever. Spider heals on said nest, and also grows faster. Growing the webbing to encompass/block more solar branches will give a stronger nest, but will noticeably block most/all of the energy to the solar SMES and get human attention. Maybe when you are the size of a buick you can eat electricity in peace....
-They consume their brothers for biomass alone to get larger, not out of a dietary or nutritional requirement.
-Engineers can harvest the nests partially for 'charged' webbing silk whatever. R&D uses, or maybe the wire is extra durable and when used in lieu of cable coils, has increased properties (longer cable restraint removal, wire in maint laid with this would require repeated snipping to cut/does not falter to mice teeth, I dunno this is a rough idea).
--Harvesting partially means you don't destroy the webbing nest, wherever it is, but you gain a small fragment of the silk. Space-spider habitats are not dependent upon (but are greatly helped by) Humans or advanced space-faring societies, meaning hostile responses only happen if the nest is threatened and thus the spiders food supply. No humans maintaining the solar wing also means no power in the wiring more than likely, and thus no food and little growth/maturation.

WIP concepts: Space-spiders begin to accrue electrical-based abilities/traits, including tesla-like nests. The nests eventually may give off their own charge if large/old enough.
-Buick-sized final stage space-spiders are likewise non-predatory, organically, but may easily start to cover the outside of the station in in large swathes of webbing, which may or may not be problematic (breaches would be much less worrisome, maybe).
-At that point, it may not be a good idea to harass the giant spider and just make sure the solar wing is running so it's happy.
-Final stage spider may leave eggs/create nodules out of stored energy-matter, which engineers can harvest for makeshift batteries, lights, food, cargo $$$$, or grenades.
-Aggressively combats space-carp, the organisms sharing a habitat and naturally feuding for differing reasons.

tl;dr space spiders that eats energy from wires on solar or maint if starving.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #196487

Giant Space Megafauna Whale Carp found in any Z layer of space that can spawn via event.

After 10 minutes of it spawning, it homes in to the station and attacks by ramming into windows and spawning more space carp swarms from eggs it produces.

Crew must fight it by making enough weapons to shoot through the mini space carp or making enough cargo points to order Blue Space Artillery Strikes from NT. Each purchase of a BSAS gives the Captain a small option in comms console to aim the strike and then order it so NT fires.

It drops smaller Space Carp eggs that can be hatched by the crew to have their own space carp pet.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #196490

D&B wrote:Giant Space Megafauna Whale Carp found in any Z layer of space that can spawn via event.

After 10 minutes of it spawning, it homes in to the station and attacks by ramming into windows and spawning more space carp swarms from eggs it produces.

Crew must fight it by making enough weapons to shoot through the mini space carp or making enough cargo points to order Blue Space Artillery Strikes from NT. Each purchase of a BSAS gives the Captain a small option in comms console to aim the strike and then order it so NT fires.

It drops smaller Space Carp eggs that can be hatched by the crew to have their own space carp pet.
Space Newfoundland?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #196496

Davidchan wrote:
D&B wrote:Giant Space Megafauna Whale Carp found in any Z layer of space that can spawn via event.

Space Newfoundland?
Yeah I guess

Energy Harpoons when
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #196598

add a command report announcing the purge to the list of things that can happen with Summon Events

then ban anyone who acts on it :honk:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #196647

A supermatter shard rifle. Fires slithers of SM, instantly dissolving those it hits. If it misses it has a chance to decay and cause hallucinations in an AEO where it stops.
Then wait for the complaints to role in :^)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #196651

You called?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #196653

"Control Implant Console" for Captain and HoS. Each Mindshield implant contains a micro bomb and beepsky smash-like chemical, which the Captain or HoS can use to stunlock or gib any implanted personnel they feel is acting up - this includes people implanted during the round.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #196657

Gun Hog wrote:"Control Implant Console" for Captain and HoS. Each Mindshield implant contains a micro bomb and beepsky smash-like chemical, which the Captain or HoS can use to stunlock or gib any implanted personnel they feel is acting up - this includes people implanted during the round.
you know who else whould have access

:ai:
:honkman:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #196687

Finally, the AI gets to blow harmful officers.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #196711

Needless nerf borgs again by making a common item stun them for 10 seconds. Oh wait. https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/19370
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #196718

Gamarr wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:a spider the size of a buick
snip

Paradise coded these things called Terror Spiders that looked really really cool and I hope that someone adds them to here some day.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #197082

Being flashbanged effectively (no eyes and ear protection) should have a chance to weak/negate certain conditions such as sleep through morphine.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #197353

Replace laughter demons with deathclowns.
Spoiler:
deathclown.png

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #197394

DemonFiren wrote:Replace laughter demons with deathclowns.
Spoiler:
deathclown.png
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!
Reece

Post by Reece » #197404

Give MMI's legs.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #197411

Reece wrote:Give MMI's legs.
Bay had spiderbots for a while.
This is what MMIs should be, they're also available to posis.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #197637

Silicons should see people in bloated skin suits as naked Humans.
Also add bloated scale suits and make silicons see Humans dressed in them as naked Lizards.
Reece

Post by Reece » #197638

Hell yeah.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #198521

Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #199085

Having multiple cards in your hand still work when thrown, spreading out with the more used per hand. Now you can 'shotgun' a room with 3-6 syndie cards! Release your inner Gambit!
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #199086

Gamarr wrote:Having multiple cards in your hand still work when thrown, spreading out with the more used per hand. Now you can 'shotgun' a room with 3-6 syndie cards! Release your inner Gambit!
Wrong thread
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #199108

New Syndicate Anti-Borg item: Magnets!

1TC gets you a box of 4, tiny sized objects that can fit in your pocket. Shape and sprite is random refridgerator magnets from Clowns to CR20 to SyndiCakes. When used on (or thrown at) a Cyborg, enforces a random Ion Law, forces Drone overlay vision so they can't tell people apart, and all radio, binary and local chatter become Unknown with scrambled letters and static. 25% chance that when a borg moves it will be in a random direction as if confused/drunk.

Removing the magnet requires the borg to stay still and resist for 60 seconds. Someone else can remove it in 5 seconds with help intent to peel the magnet off. When researched, grants ECM 3 and Syndicate 1. Magnets, how do they work?
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #199109

Davidchan wrote:New Syndicate Anti-Borg item: Magnets!

1TC gets you a box of 4, tiny sized objects that can fit in your pocket. Shape and sprite is random refridgerator magnets from Clowns to CR20 to SyndiCakes. When used on (or thrown at) a Cyborg, enforces a random Ion Law, forces Drone overlay vision so they can't tell people apart, and all radio, binary and local chatter become Unknown with scrambled letters and static. 25% chance that when a borg moves it will be in a random direction as if confused/drunk.

Removing the magnet requires the borg to stay still and resist for 60 seconds. Someone else can remove it in 5 seconds with help intent to peel the magnet off. When researched, grants ECM 3 and Syndicate 1. Magnets, how do they work?
Have you seen what happens when you stick a magnet on a tv screen??
Fucks its shit up real fast.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #199110

Thats exactly where this come from.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #199125

Davidchan wrote:Thats exactly where this come from.
so why the fuck is it in the shitty ideas thread, I love it!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #199129

Magnets would have to make borgs sing showtunes
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #199147

^ Yes.
Also new crafting item, metal rod, wire, chem nade casing and wirecutters as a tool to make an electromagnet rod that lets you stunprod borgs.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199242

When shunting into an APC, AIs should have a small chance to shunt into an Armoured Personnel Carrier instead, which they can then teleport on-station.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #199259

Presented without comment.