Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: 2k16 /pol/

Post by ShadowDimentio » #215369

Bottom post of the previous page:

>Get an email from college
>It opens with "Did you know one in five women get raped while at college?"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #215385

I'm half tempted to walk down the street and complain to the president of my college that the school is deliberately posting misinformation to spread support for an ideology. He seemed like a pretty cool guy, he'd probably listen.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #215388

Whilst you are asking ask him if that is 1 in 5 women that get raped got raped whilst at college, or if 20% of women who attend college get raped in the years they are there.

If the latter, also ask:
How many were shit faced at the time and cry rape to ease the pain of their slutty vaginas
How many of the rapists were on basketball scholarship
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #215394

the "1 in 5" stat came about 'cause someone once did a survey on a campus asking women "have you ever done X" or "has X ever happened to you"

then lumped absolutely anything negative whatsoever, including "did someone kiss you without asking first, even if you were okay with it" under "sexual assault".

then because all sexual assaults are rapes apparently, people later started talking it as 1 in 5 get raped

So it's more "1 in 5 women are raped, for a given definition of rape"
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #215416

Altering the definitions of words to push an agenda is nothing new tbh. It's sort of how when autism got a looser stringent of categories that there was a "rise" in autism and made people think something was causing more people to be born or become autistic. When really all it was, was just a re-definition of the word autism.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #215422

That and better tests to detect it

Statistics. Lies and statistics.
You can use statistics and re-interpret them to mean anything you want them to
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #215435

Yeah any chump can manipulate the numbers to mean anything they want.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #215436

Which is why it is wise only to believe those statistics which support your point of view.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #215437

Savage
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #215438

sex is overrated anyway, just avoid it
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #215775

The bottom line is;

If shillary wins, trump supporters (including me) go full nigger and reenact the LA riots.
If the god emperor wins, shillary supporters, go fuller nigger, and continue what they are doing already.

situation is to volatile, whoever get's elected will most likely be attacked by the other side. but let's not forget that liberal's experience PTSD just from the thought of a gun.

so in that case, i wonder who's going to be the better shit starter? the 20 million rednecks with guns and nothing to lose? or the starbucks drinking scarf wearing hipsters in the plains and california who have never touched anything other than their father's dick in their entire life.

checkmate, shillaryfags.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #215776

I like to think that Trump's supporters at least have the dignity to not chimp out like Shillary's will when they inevitably lose.

I'm reminded of the Brexit vote and all the cries about how democracy has failed and the oldfags with all their life experience and knowledge came and busted up their nice comfy hugbox.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #215786

The fun one about brexit was that the old people actually went and voted, while most of the young people didn't

And then they blamed the old people for voting, rather than blaming the young people for not voting
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #215789

Yeah, and those same young people acted like ungrateful little shits about it. I'm sure more than a few of the old folks in the UK had a good laugh at them.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #215791

ShadowDimentio wrote:I like to think that Trump's supporters at least have the dignity to not chimp out like Shillary's will when they inevitably lose.

I'm reminded of the Brexit vote and all the cries about how democracy has failed and the oldfags with all their life experience and knowledge came and busted up their nice comfy kickin' rad place to be.
Do you even live in reality anymore?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #215793

I know man, the times we live in sure are crazy huh

Also apparently the vice presidents are having a debate. I didn't know this was a thing and can't imagine why it really is. The VP's only job is to be there in case the president dies, and that's only ever happened what? Twice? Meh.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #215826

Twice?

The american president is the most assassinated leadership position of the developed world.
Which is really impressive considering its not even 300 years old.
aranamor
Byond Username: Aranamor

Post by aranamor » #215838

Sidon wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:I like to think that Trump's supporters at least have the dignity to not chimp out like Shillary's will when they inevitably lose.

I'm reminded of the Brexit vote and all the cries about how democracy has failed and the oldfags with all their life experience and knowledge came and busted up their nice comfy kickin' rad place to be.
Do you even live in reality anymore?
He's already dead, it's just an empty shell we're talking to.
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio wrote:The height of tl;dr

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #215861

Aran "Prejudice is okay if it's against cops" Mor
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #215873

BREXIT
[youtube]a5o_-T__Sh8[/youtube]
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #215898

Shadow "Charisma" Dimentio
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #215899

"You're still right when your right even if you're an asshole" -ShadowDimentio's Motto
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #215904

lol
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #215905

Shadow dimentio doesn't know the difference between "right" and "correct" because he is dumb as fuck mate
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #215941

It's always better to know where you are in life before you criticize others, Crag.

Maybe Shadow's said dumb things, but he's not "dumb as fuck", mate.
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #216030

Well 4chin is dead so maybe it is
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #216670

Grab her by the pussy.

This shit is CTR's last try to down Trump.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #216720

Meanwhile, videos of Bill Clinton actually doing what Trump jokes about show up, and nobody cares

Outrage for the outrage god! Clickbait for the clickbait throne!
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #216729

I saw a headline on my phone about how people were demanding Trump resign from the election and him telling them that'd never happen

How desperate do you have to be man
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #216777

sounds like trump grabbed you three by the pussy
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #216779

Like him or not Trump is what America needs right now.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #216784

Downside of voting just like grandma is when grandma gets off the bus due to lewdness you have a dead vote.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #216800

????????????????????
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #216828

XSI wrote:Meanwhile, videos of Bill Clinton actually doing what Trump jokes about show up, and nobody cares

Outrage for the outrage god! Clickbait for the clickbait throne!
It's expected from Slick Willie.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #216831

The problem is some people on the republican side legit supported the impeach Bill over a blowjob shit.

They are afraid their candidate is like bill clinton. Trump bringing up Bill as his golf buddy for a deflection in the apology doesn't help with that.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #216873

Would let trump grab me by the boipussy
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #217240

Trump is fucking KILLING Shillary I'm crying from laughter
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #217242

Debates Round 2
Spoiler:
[youtube]tv2yfioMM_U[/youtube]
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #217246

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PERSON THAT THEY'VE HAD ASK QUESTIONS LOOK LIKE FUCKING CARICATURES OF PEOPLE WHAT THE FUCK
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #217247

>NAME SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT TRUMP
>SHE COMPLIMENTS HIS KIDS

YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB CLINTON
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #217249

i saw that shit too and busted out laughing

"h-he's a good dad! im gonna talk about myself some more"

Trump talked for a minute and was done talking. Loved it.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #217251

Yeah this debate seemed like a knockout for Trump. Hillary was on the defense almost the whole time and even with the moderators, old gay guy and wicked witch of the west on her side she still got stumped.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #217270

[youtube]AFGiZT-MnI4[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
cancer_engine
Byond Username: Cancer_Engine

Post by cancer_engine » #217285

Vote for voting reform. Vote for the alternative vote!
[youtube]3Y3jE3B8HsE[/youtube]
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #217296

Say no to AV it is plainly the devil. TOO EXPENSIVE WE SHOULD SPEND MONEY ON BETTER THING LIKE BABY!
TOO COMPLICATE CANNOT UNDERSTAND RUN OFF! BETTER TO HAVE MY VOTE NOT COUNT AT ALL THAN HAVE RUN OFF! PASSION!
[youtube]-obZ9OG_XKA[/youtube]
cancer_engine
Byond Username: Cancer_Engine

Post by cancer_engine » #217299

Spoiler:
Incomptinence wrote:Say no to AV it is plainly the devil. TOO EXPENSIVE WE SHOULD SPEND MONEY ON BETTER THING LIKE BABY!
TOO COMPLICATE CANNOT UNDERSTAND RUN OFF! BETTER TO HAVE MY VOTE NOT COUNT AT ALL THAN HAVE RUN OFF! PASSION!
[youtube]-obZ9OG_XKA[/youtube]
You obviously have no understanding of how AV works. First of all, presidential candidates making false promises is a problem that can happen under fptp or av, but av actually reduces this problem by giving grassroot movements an actual chance to win, instead of corrupt fuckos that would lie for votes. Second of all, the "person with the majority of the votes doesnt win" bullshit is just bullshit. The person with the majority still wins, it's just that loser's votes are added to their next preference. It still includes everyones votes, the votes dont just fucking pop out of nowhere to make someone win.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #217305

I was being sarcastic with capital letters and a video for the unfortunately successful NO2AV campaign that defeated well reasoned arguments for alternative voting in the UK like well the video you posted.

I'm Australian and I filled out the double dissolution senate ballot out to like the 120th candidate. I am savagely pro AV and while we have 2 dominant major parties I feel they better represent the people as at any moment the could have the rug swept out from under them and be replaced if they approached USA levels of party degeneracy.

The No2av campaign is just preserved in amber as a gem of nonsense that won.
[youtube]Vc6_EGNy0uA[/youtube]
XSI

Post by XSI » #217337

CosmicScientist wrote:general voting suffrage campaigns
You mean regular right to vote instead of a monarch calling the shots?
Because that happened when most of France decided to kill every last noble they could get their hands on and the other nobility decided that, you know. Maybe we should do something to prevent that happening to us.
Since they kind of liked being alive, they decided to slide things just a little more to giving elected people power every now and then when it seemed like times were getting pretty tough on the common folk.
Make them not want to point to the nobility as the cause for their troubles and do what they did in France. Though a similar thing with a different ideology happened in Russia later on anyway, but then by all accounts the Czar wasn't exactly a champion of the people either.

One of the most effective ways to get a system changed is by directly removing those in control of the system with a sufficiently large group that they can not punish you for it and their best bet is to run away. But that is not really how modern politics works. Or then so the politicians hope at least.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #217518

CosmicScientist wrote:I realised what I was miffed about. Until I played Vicky 2, I thought suffragette was a weird name for a movement rather than an extension of suffrage which I had never heard of before. I'm also a little sad that google's autocomplete has suffragette before suffrage.
Vic 2 will teach you more about suffrage than any high school history book. It is closely tied to scientific and technological advancements: as quality of life (lol "q uality of life" is filtered to "power creep") improved, more people became more literate, and once they were able to satisfy their basic needs, they started to see themselves as interest groups, which needed a political representation (consciousness in game). Workers and businessmen were the backbone of the industrial society, this meant that they could force their will with strikes and riots and stuff: without factories, all that sweet wealth would disappear overnight.

Women on the other hand were always seen as kinda useless, they weren't an interest group that could band together, and even if they did, everyone would've just said "Well it's not like you're doing anything in the first place". Their suffrage only happened after everyone else got his right to vote and someone said "alright let's give it to women as well, maybe they'll stop throwing themselves under horses". In Italy for example, where suffragettes were pretty much non-existent, women couldn't vote until 1946, because literally no one cared.

This is why in Vic 2 you have to increase suffrage step by step as pop consciousness increases or you face riots, whereas Women's Suffrage is just an event that you can trigger after a certain date is reached, or you can outright ignore it and nothing bad happens.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #217539

XSI wrote: One of the most effective ways to get a system changed is by directly removing those in control of the system with a sufficiently large group that they can not punish you for it and their best bet is to run away. But that is not really how modern politics works. Or then so the politicians hope at least.
That's what voting is supposed to do though. Or at least the threat of it, anyway, since yes, it's very rare that people vote out politicians en mass.

Actually in general polling shows people like their local politicians and national representatives well enough. It's the other politicians or groups of politicians that are the problem in the eyes of most voters. This isn't even a party control issue; hatred of "other" politicians extends even to ones within the same party as the local controller. Personally I take this information to mean people are either too stupid to judge politicians at all or are being overly cynical about the national-level government.

Basically what I'm saying is that voting forces the local government to be accountable and well intentioned. Since national level governments are made up of the same voters and politicians from the local level governments, national level governments are thus logically also accountable and well intentioned. For national level governments to be unaccountable and evil, either the local governments must also be unaccountable and evil or the national level government is sidestepping the voting process somehow.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
XSI

Post by XSI » #217552

Generally, this sidestepping happens through disenfranchisement of the voting population ("It doesn't matter what I vote, they'll do the worst shit anyway" -And then doesn't vote), ignorance of policians (Businesses lobbying telling them about how their science department found that drilling for oil is not harmful to the environment and smoking is healthy, gib subsidy plx. While the regular people only rarely talk to their politician), or flat out fraud making it so the votes don't matter (Gerrymandering, crooked or poorly secured election machines, a few people counting mail-in votes making up some more votes for their prefered candidates, etc), or even something as simple as the media blacklisting a potential candidate to stop their message from getting out, or a politician being blackmailed with photos of him doing something really bad.

There are a lot of ways for democracy to go very wrong, but at the very least politicians tend to be more accountable than the king who ruled by 'divine right' in medieval times