Bon Nuit - Non-antag murder in extended

Post by cedarbridge » #25675

Your byond account: Cedarbridge
Your character name: Dalton Wolffe
Their character name: Bon Nuit
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): No idea
Server and time: Roughly 4:45 PST roughly Sybil
Logs and/or screenshots: Didn't save

What happened: I spawn as RD and go about managing my department. Centcomm announces they're going to send a "sample" (always an alien for some reason) for study on the station. Almost instantly reports of a loose alien on the station are spread around so I get armory access and start printing lascannons. Apparently the aliens got wrecked without help and one was contained to xeno. I go down to hand a couple guns off to the captain anyway and supervise the containment (which is intact.) Inspectors and DS memebers show up to inspect the alien and hang out a bit. After they leave, the alien starts breaking the containment area. The alien gets out and is lasered to death. Almost instantly after that, Bon Nuit, stuns and lasers me to death on the spot. Not a word spoken, no cause given. Just lasers me in front of the captain, a borg, and several other crew. The borg takes me off to be cloned. Shuttle arrives, extended round ends.

Why they should be banned: Non-antag, fnr murder of a head of staff in extended.

Worth mentioning: There were several admins on bussing the round (spawning the aliens, spawning a marauder on the shuttle, etc) none actaully responded to my ahelps so I really have no idea if this was resolved or even investigated.
Keyblockor

Re: Bon Nuit - Non-antag murder in extended

Post by Keyblockor » #25687

Greetings Cedarbridge, I do understand that due to my actions that have caused you grief, however, you purport a slightly altered version of events.

I shall start at the beginning. I started off playing mid-way into the round as an Atmospheric Technician, wherein everyone was telling that there was Aliens afoot (As I had missed Centcomms announcement.) and that it was on the Northwestern Solars. I went down and got myself the Atmospheric Hardsuit and went up to join them to kill the Xenomorph Queen. We had found an Engineering Borg to be attacked and although online, couldn't do anything as he was stunlocked by the Alien Queen.

What followed next was a quick skirmish (I picking up the E-Gun and Full Laser gun in the process) in which the Alien Queen attempted to hop off into Permabrig, however was critted mid-flight and hit the corner above/below Gulag shuttle, wherein it was sufficiently cut down and killed. All that was left was to clean up and, most people not wishing to do that, promptly left. I made my way back to see another person (Who's name I forget) and the Engineering Borg there cleaning up weeds when three Alien Eggs had matured. We had contemplated on using a facehugger to create another larvae, and Alien Queen, because it would be fun. The other human promptly fucked off, leaving for me and the borg to devise a way to get the facehugger without killing it.

We promptly killed the other two, before I took off my helmet in a last ditch attempt, most likely going to end in my death or surgery, when the borg quickly took the alive facehugger off of me and dragged me into the solars, he told me to wait and brought a Sec hardsuit helmet, we promptly went back out to the astonished sight of a still alive and kicking facehugger, the last one of it's kind. I told the borg to build a closet, and he did so, and then I opened and closed it, successfully trapping the facehugger, and the locker was soon welded.

The Engineering Borg and I promptly went down to Xenobio, wherein we put it off and after a hassle of people following us, successfully got a monkey in there for the Facehugger to latch on.

We secured the shields, and then I told the borg to build walls infront of them before the Larvae evolved into a Drone. We got the shield up and unable to be tampered with.

You yourself had came to check on this, offered no advice or reprisal and went on your way with a small entourage.

The Larvae evolved to a Drone, then to a Queen, two monkeys were put in.

That's when the Deathsquad team, with Thaedeus Griff came in to check the Alien Queen, there was, however, no signs that it would escape without OUTSIDE interference and they promptly left, after congratulating us on the capture. I had to go AFK for up to a minute.

When I came back, I had seen two facehugged Aliens, and the Secure Chamber full of Fire, I then figured out that it was a flamethrower, and with the shields on that someone had used the disposal access to get in there to kill the Queen. The Alien Queen itself was on the opposite end, on the wall and actually trying to escape from what you, or someone else was doing and that's when the borg turned the shielding off to let you "Escape."

The Alien Queen followed soon after, still aflame as I took an Extinguisher and attempted to extinguish the Queen to push her back into her Xenobio cell when she went crit, and was promptly lasered by you or the other person.

I then, seeing the time wasted on such a thing, stunned you and then lasered you to death in quick succession while in a huge crowd. The Crowd, and Captain, and borg, did not seem to mind this as they probably had seen the whole thing, before dispersing.
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #25690

I was present during that time as a borg named "Borg", was putting slimes back into their cells when alien queen gets out of her cell on fire, I quickly pull out a tool and start smacking the xeno to a pulp along with rest of present crew. Then out of absolutely nowhere for no reason and without any words someone lasers the RD to death. I start screaming HARM and quickly clone the RD. I didn't even have time to react at how fast you killed the RD, you're lying if you're saying I didn't mind.

KILLING ALIENS DOESN'T MAKE YOU VALID.
Keyblockor

Post by Keyblockor » #25691

Most of the present crew didn't actually harm the Alien, it was primarily the RD and his friend.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #25694

The logs will show that I never even fired either las cannon I was carrying. As UN says, the alien was killed before I could get in a safe angle to shoot at it and then I was instantly tased and then shot until dead.

You mention my "friend" except then only person I spoke to directly was a scientist that I had fired previously whom had somehow regained or retained access to the lab areas.

Recap:
-You lasered me to death on the pretense that I had killed the xeno that had broken out of its containment
-You did all of this without a word spoken
-These points are all admitted in your post

As stated. killing a xeno for breaking out of containment does not make the killer valid AND the person you chose to execute wasn't even the xeno's killer.
Keyblockor

Post by Keyblockor » #25696

I saw your friend jump INTO the Containment to attack and kill the Alien Queen, you both provoked the Alien Queen who didn't fight back and was attempting to not only not fight you, but actively retreat from you. You initiated the aggression and death of Alien Queen who was completely secure. Even UN states that the Alien Queen was getting out of her Cell On fire, which the latest change has shown that there is no actual way to actually get plasma or ignite plasma into the cell, meaning that the only way to get into a SECURE Xenobio cell was for your friend to jump in and start frying the Alien Queen. When both got out, the Alien Queen attempting to run away, was when you promptly laser her to death which led me to kill you.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #25698

Keyblockor wrote:I saw your friend jump INTO the Containment to attack and kill the Alien Queen, you both provoked the Alien Queen who didn't fight back and was attempting to not only not fight you, but actively retreat from you. You initiated the aggression and death of Alien Queen who was completely secure. Even UN states that the Alien Queen was getting out of her Cell On fire, which the latest change has shown that there is no actual way to actually get plasma or ignite plasma into the cell, meaning that the only way to get into a SECURE Xenobio cell was for your friend to jump in and start frying the Alien Queen. When both got out, the Alien Queen attempting to run away, was when you promptly laser her to death which led me to kill you.
As I said previously, the logs will show I attacked literally nothing and no one in that room and fired neither weapon I was carrying. What the guy did jumping into the pen is not really my problem. I did not tell him to do so. I had no non-lethal means to do so. It is not my obligation as the RD to defend a xeno that you personally had some sort of obsession with. The other crew member acted stupidly, but that's not an excuse for you do so as well.

Your repeated attempts to label that other crewmember as "your friend" is a pretty lazy attempt at painting me as some sort of mastermind orchestrating a coordinated attack on your pet xeno. A very lazy attempt at something that I've already explained cannot be true. I'll await your proof that I personally did anything at all to "provoke" the alien. I'm sure you have it somewhere and you're just hiding it.
Keyblockor

Post by Keyblockor » #25699

From what I have gathered that when I had come back to my computer is that you were the only one with a gun that could Laser, you were on the left, the queen in the center, and your compatriot on the right. He made his escape and the lasers came, from your Y Level, towards the Alien Queen. I was wrong in assuming that both of you were together, however I do note that it was most likely you that had killed the Queen as you were the only one on the same Y level with a laser gun pointed towards it.

And although both of you might not have acted in concert, it could be concluded that both of you came with the same intent, to kill the Alien Queen.

EDIT : Instead of arguing this from recollection, that memory can be changed everytime it's brought to the forefront of the mind, I recommend that we both halt our arguements until the admins come with their logs. Since then, we can both try to find a resolution or compromise that could satisfy us both, if it's possible.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #25700

Keyblockor wrote:And although both of you might not have acted in concert, it could be concluded that both of you came with the same intent, to kill the Alien Queen.
The entire problem is that you assume this makes what you did ok.
Keyblockor

Post by Keyblockor » #25701

cedarbridge wrote:
Keyblockor wrote:And although both of you might not have acted in concert, it could be concluded that both of you came with the same intent, to kill the Alien Queen.
The entire problem is that you assume this makes what you did ok.

I entirely believe what I did was okay, it is similar to anyone who has done anything just to find another person to ruin it. Personally you've got me questioning if it was you, and if it wasn't, I apologize but I personally did see you laser the Alien Queen to death and reacted accordingly, if it wasn't you and my aim was wrong, then once again, I apologize for killing you in the mix-up of 6-9 people and a borg all inside and bunched up next to one another, but I do personally believe that you did it.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #25722

I believe this is a case of being attached too something Keyblocker worked hard for, which is of course frustrating. However you did jump quickly to a wrong conclusion and ultimately your actions were wrong. Though it maybe frustrating lasering someone to death for something you deem annoying is never the answer, especially considering a short questioning would have solved this.

I was actually playing in this round and I have to say the RD's actions through out the rest of the round were nothing but helpful, so it would seem quite strange that he'd suddenly decide to kill the xeno.

I think some logs might be helpful here, but I'm inclined to say this was just a heated personal situation from both sides. Keyblocker has apologised and as long as they realise their actions were unjust, I see no reason to take this any further. Be good if any admin that was on last night could add some logs/comment.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #25750

peoplearestrange wrote:I believe this is a case of being attached too something Keyblocker worked hard for, which is of course frustrating. However you did jump quickly to a wrong conclusion and ultimately your actions were wrong. Though it maybe frustrating lasering someone to death for something you deem annoying is never the answer, especially considering a short questioning would have solved this.

I was actually playing in this round and I have to say the RD's actions through out the rest of the round were nothing but helpful, so it would seem quite strange that he'd suddenly decide to kill the xeno.

I think some logs might be helpful here, but I'm inclined to say this was just a heated personal situation from both sides. Keyblocker has apologised and as long as they realise their actions were unjust, I see no reason to take this any further. Be good if any admin that was on last night could add some logs/comment.
The only admin I remember being online on the list was Hornygranny, but I believe there were 3.
Keyblockor

Post by Keyblockor » #25860

I also believe Ikarrus was one. He questioned me after I killed you and dropped the matter when I explained myself. So that's two out of three.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #26070

If the situation was handled by an admin in-game then upturning that decision is the premise of an admin-complaint rather than a ban-request.

Unfortunate that the admin didn't get back in touch with the victim but that's the usual casualty of a chaotic round like this appears to have been. From a quick glance at the logs I'd like to say the stories here are definitely true from each perspective, however in my personal opinion the alien queen's death (especially after xenos were already free "in the wild") would not justify you murdering your direct superior even if he had been the person responsible. The RD kind of has a final say on whether or not xenobio can keep an extremely dangerous timebomb ticking in his department.

That said if Ikarrus is of the opinion that this matter was handled IC then I'm going to stand by their judgement for what little my statement is worth. There were quite a few misunderstandings and the constant abusin' likely did nothing to help people make sounds decisions.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #26078

Subtle wrote:I'd like to say the stories here are definitely true from each perspective
That's part of the reason we're both calling for logs to be pulled here.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #26096

Ask and ye' shall receive! It seems I had things quite mixed up. Well, you know what they say about assumptions...
Spoiler:
[16:07:55]SAY: Bon Nuit/Bonifique : WHO THE FUCK DID THAT

[16:08:56]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The electrode</font>

[16:08:59]SAY: Dalton Wolffe/Cedarbridge : R-Reall-ly-y?

[16:08:59]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
[16:09:00]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
[16:09:00]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
[16:09:01]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
[16:09:01]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
[16:09:02]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
[16:09:02]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
[16:09:03]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
[16:09:03]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
[16:09:04]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
[16:09:04]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>

[16:09:16]SAY: Sloan Cox/Atlanta-ned : Bon Why?!
[16:09:20]SAY: Bon Nuit/Bonifique : BECAUSE
[16:09:21]SAY: Bon Nuit/Bonifique : THEY WERE
[16:09:22]SAY: Bon Nuit/Bonifique : FUCKTARDS

[16:09:31]ADMIN: PM: Skorvold/(red baby slime (392))->Bonifique/(Bon Nuit): Uh, What happened there?
[16:09:59]ADMIN: PM: Bonifique/(Bon Nuit)->Skorvold/(red baby slime (392)): They killed the Alien Queen in her cell, after I went and got her from a facehugger.
[16:10:08]ADMIN: PM: Bonifique/(Bon Nuit)->Skorvold/(red baby slime (392)): I killed'em.
[16:11:08]ADMIN: PM: Skorvold/(red baby slime (392))->Bonifique/(Bon Nuit): So, you raised an Alien Queen? I suppose that is a dick move on their part.
[16:11:46]ADMIN: PM: Bonifique/(Bon Nuit)->Skorvold/(red baby slime (392)): Yep. The AQ on the NW Solars had an Egg, me & the borg fixed it and brought it to xenobio where it was contained. Until Dalton Wolfe and another person ran in and lasered it to death, so I lasered Dalton to death.
After a bit of deeper examination I'm certainly changing that opinion.
In this case Skorvold might not have bothered to check who actually killed the alien, and Bon's attempts to communicate with the RD were... Nonexistent.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #26099

I never even thought to check the alien actually. I don't know why, but it completely escaped my mind to view it's attack log.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #26112

Well if you're talking about alien queen's attack logs right before the incident.
Spoiler:
[16:08:41]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Borg(utternewbie) attacked alien queen(clamchop) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[16:08:42]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Borg(utternewbie) attacked alien queen(clamchop) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[16:08:43]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Scott Osterweis(wizardjenkins66) shot Borg(utternewbie) with The laser</font>
[16:08:43]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Borg(utternewbie) attacked alien queen(clamchop) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[16:08:43]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Scott Osterweis(wizardjenkins66) shot alien queen(clamchop) with The laser</font>
[16:08:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Scott Osterweis(wizardjenkins66) shot alien queen(clamchop) with The laser</font>
[16:08:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Borg(utternewbie) attacked alien queen(clamchop) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[16:08:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Scott Osterweis(wizardjenkins66) shot Bon Nuit(bonifique) with The laser</font>
[16:08:45]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Sloan Cox(atlantaned) shot alien queen(clamchop) with The laser</font>
[16:08:45]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Scott Osterweis(wizardjenkins66) shot alien queen(clamchop) with The laser</font>
[16:08:45]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Borg(utternewbie) attacked alien queen(clamchop) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[16:08:56]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The electrode</font>
[16:08:59]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Bon Nuit(bonifique) shot Dalton Wolffe(cedarbridge) with The laser</font>
Whoops.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #26119

cedarbridge wrote: the logs will show I attacked literally nothing and no one in that room and fired neither weapon I was carrying
Saegrimr wrote:Well if you're talking about alien queen's attack logs right before the incident.
Spoiler:
[16:08:41]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Borg(utternewbie) attacked alien queen(clamchop) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[16:08:42]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Borg(utternewbie) attacked alien queen(clamchop) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[16:08:43]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Scott Osterweis(wizardjenkins66) shot Borg(utternewbie) with The laser</font>
[16:08:43]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Borg(utternewbie) attacked alien queen(clamchop) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[16:08:43]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Scott Osterweis(wizardjenkins66) shot alien queen(clamchop) with The laser</font>
[16:08:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Scott Osterweis(wizardjenkins66) shot alien queen(clamchop) with The laser</font>
[16:08:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Borg(utternewbie) attacked alien queen(clamchop) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[16:08:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Scott Osterweis(wizardjenkins66) shot Bon Nuit(bonifique) with The laser</font>
[16:08:45]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Sloan Cox(atlantaned) shot alien queen(clamchop) with The laser</font>
[16:08:45]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Scott Osterweis(wizardjenkins66) shot alien queen(clamchop) with The laser</font>
[16:08:45]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Borg(utternewbie) attacked alien queen(clamchop) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
Whoops.
Not empty quoting.