2k17 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by onleavedontatme » #290896

Bottom post of the previous page:

Super Aggro Crag wrote:>democrats lose
"WOWWWWWWW THE GAME IS RIGGED NOTHIN I COULD DO COCKADOODY BULLSHIT BUMBLEFUCK NONSENSE"
>democrats win
"HAHAHAHA TOO EASY HAHAH YOU GUYS SUCK ARE YOU EVEN TRYING WORKING AS INTENDED THE SYSTEM RULES!"

Democrats are the darksydephil of politics

If the electoral college was such a fucking issue in 2000 why wasn't it changed by 2008 when the ill-will people had for president George w. Bush gave democrats a lot of congressional seats and a president? I bet my left sideburn that if president Donald trump loses his reelection bid and the democrats take control again they will not change this apparently grave threat to national sovereignty.
It takes 3/4 of states to ratify an ammendment, they are incapable of changing it. It'd require a large number of small states voting to make themselves irrelevant, so it is never going to happen.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #290915

this ^

2000 isn't even the only time this happened, 1876 in particular makes 2000 look like a fine upstanding consensus
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #290955

Kor wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Nobody gave much of a shit about the electoral college until it caused Trump to win the election. Before November 2016 it was moderately annoying at worst. Now it's supposed to be this grave threat to democracy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_ ... tion,_2000
I don't really lump 2000 into that myself because it was such an extraordinary circumstance, with the election coming down to a few thousand votes in one state. Plus people bitched more about hanging chads and vote counting.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #290965

Every side throws a shit fit.
The right does it for few days after losing a election.
The left do it before elections, after they lose, and after they win. Just non stop shit flinging.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #290968

Thats just politics though

And of course the only thing politicians can agree on is that politicians are very important and should be given lots of wealth, opportunities, and freedom from laws they don't like but still pass for the people
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #291004

Uh oh the slime is blorbling in the politics thread again!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #291107

The reigning parties will never allow a different voting system to be put in place if they stand to lose. FPTP ensures the two major parties the highest chance of success. They often encourage third parties aligned with their opponent's views to try and pull votes away from the main party and leave them with a higher proportion of the pie.

First past the post is hot garbag and it's garbage we're going to live with unless enough people demand it be changed. Any chance to implement transferable voting in the UK got strangled in its crib by Labour and the Tories.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #291173

Kor wrote:
"WOWWWWWWW THE GAME IS RIGGED NOTHIN I COULD DO COCKADOODY BULLSHIT BUMBLEFUCK NONSENSE"
>democrats win
"HAHAHAHA TOO EASY HAHAH YOU GUYS SUCK ARE YOU EVEN TRYING WORKING AS INTENDED THE SYSTEM RULES!"

If the electoral college was such a fucking issue in 2000 why wasn't it changed by 2008 when the ill-will people had for president George w. Bush gave democrats a lot of congressional seats and a president? I bet my left sideburn that if president Donald trump loses his reelection bid and the democrats take control again they will not change this apparently grave threat to national sovereignty.
It takes 3/4 of states to ratify an ammendment, they are incapable of changing it. It'd require a large number of small states voting to make themselves irrelevant, so it is never going to happen.
It doesn't require a constitutional amendment.
States have to collect votes from their population, and they have to decide how to assign their electoral votes, but they are entitled to do that assigning however they see fit.

This is why the NPVIC exists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... te_Compact

Basically it's an agreement between a number of states to assign their electoral votes to whoever wins the popular vote. It becomes active as soon as there are enough states signed on to it to guarantee an electoral college win for whoever wins the popular vote.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #291299

lntigracy wrote:Every side throws a shit fit.
The right does it for few days after losing a election.
The left do it before elections, after they lose, and after they win. Just non stop shit flinging.
The dangerous part of this is that these conservative governments are going to inevitably fuck over the working class at some point or pass some horrendously authoritarian legislation (not saying the self-declared "left" won't either), and nobody is going to listen to the critics because they cried wolf.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #291320

COMEY IS OUT

NO MORE CUMMIES
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #291327

<(3 -3-)3 gulp gulp gulpin
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #291328

>democrats win

Both sides do this and have been doing it for decades.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #291361

Pre-Russia narrative: COMEY IS CORRUPT! HE INFLUENCED THE ELECTION!
Now: WTF I LOVE COMEY NOW!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #291373

RIP Comey
bandit

Post by bandit » #291378

Luke Cox wrote:Pre-Russia narrative: COMEY IS CORRUPT! HE INFLUENCED THE ELECTION!
Now: WTF I LOVE COMEY NOW!
no one likes comey, he's the ted cruz of the judiciary

it's actually kind of impressive how he has managed to piss off every side of the political spectrum

admin feedback pls
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #291394

Yeah, even if Clinton is guilty he made a fucking mess of it. I'm glad to see him go.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #291462

It's hilarious that there are some people that actually believe Trump'll get impeached and are comparing him firing a guy that literally nobody liked to Watergate.

This is nothing like Watergate. 'Cept maybe for Hillary. Watergate was eminently obvious that the president had actually committed a crime, the best they have for Trump is that he might have money in Russia, which is neither surprising as he's a fucking millionaire nor a crime.

The Republicans would never in a million years vote Trump out for something like this.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #291463

If Clinton is guilty, he fucked up the investigation terribly
If Clinton is not guilty, he fucked it up and kept bringing it up at times that would be seen as inopportune

Either way, he fucked up. Fucked up enough to get fired? I don't know. But if a detective fucked up to that degree I'd imagine they'd at the least get shouted at by the boss.
I'm sure Trump is eager to assign his own goy to the FBI director post now though. And I'm sure that's part of why the Clinton supporters don't want to see him go.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #291465

Guy s
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #291467

Crab are you ok
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #292753

Legally, the dogs can't intentionally be used to kill the fox, but if you say it was an accident there's no penalty when it happens.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
XSI

Post by XSI » #292859

When in doubt on politics, just assume the worst
That way you'll never be surprised
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #292975

I was in high school in 2000. I remember it... "Fondly".

As a side note, a friend of mine at work brought up the thought that Trump is playing for time. He's trying to speed run and beat Nixon's time.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #293008

a map of why the electoral college is a decent system
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #293034

CosmicScientist wrote:UK Stuff
Labour is completely and utterly fucked no matter what they do. Their leader is one of the most hated politicians in the UK. The party is in complete disarray. Fuck, the Lib Dems are a more credible threat at this point.

@Intigracy
A B S O L U T E M A D M A N
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #293078

lntigracy wrote:Image

a map of why the electoral college is a decent system
Looks like a good chunk of Alaska voted Democrat, how come Hillary got only 36% there?
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #293080

Population. If that were a 3D map with height representing numbers, it would show city centers voting hard for Hillary with everyone else voting for Trump. Make of that what you will.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #293106

Luke Cox wrote:Population. If that were a 3D map with height representing numbers, it would show city centers voting hard for Hillary with everyone else voting for Trump. Make of that what you will.
Then what's the point of using a map of geographical areas to send the message that the whole country voted for Trump? Square miles don't vote, people do. Unless people living in cities are some sort of a hivemind all voting the same candidate for the same reasons.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #293139

Lib Dems are a more credible threat
Not even close lol. Labour right now is far more of a threat with its ~20% compared to the near 0% of lib dems.

Lib dems won't get above like 12%. Take it from me since I've been a lib dem voter all the way up until the last general election. Lib Dems shot themselves in the foot by their first coalition action being increasing student tuition. I, and a shit ton of lib dem voters, won't just forget the fact that they literally could not keep their most important and simple promise.

No amount of "LEGALISE THE MARIJUANA" will make me forget that fact.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #293156

ColonicAcid wrote: I, and a shit ton of lib dem voters, won't just forget the fact that they literally could not keep their most important and simple promise.

As the third party, the Lib Dems were in the position of being able to promise the moon on a fucking stick for decades, safe in the knowledge that they'd never be called upon to actually deliver on any of their manifesto pledges.
SUDDENLY, A WILD HUNG PARLIAMENT APPEARS
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #293179

Grazyn wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Population. If that were a 3D map with height representing numbers, it would show city centers voting hard for Hillary with everyone else voting for Trump. Make of that what you will.
Then what's the point of using a map of geographical areas to send the message that the whole country voted for Trump? Square miles don't vote, people do. Unless people living in cities are some sort of a hivemind all voting the same candidate for the same reasons.
It's extremely easy to get people in a city to vote for you by promising them stuff. It's the same in rural areas, but you have to promise a whole lot more because the people aren't all in one spot. Thus, rural people generally don't end up getting promised a lot because nobody wants to ever deliver on it.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #293215

I'd say a city is pretty diverse, you have businessmen, middle class, minorities, poor people, all wanting different things, there are a lot of promises to be made
XSI

Post by XSI » #293279

>USA
>Middle class

Last I heard those were all gone. Either poor fucks or upper class
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #293388

ColonicAcid wrote:
Lib Dems are a more credible threat
Not even close lol. Labour right now is far more of a threat with its ~20% compared to the near 0% of lib dems.

Lib dems won't get above like 12%. Take it from me since I've been a lib dem voter all the way up until the last general election. Lib Dems shot themselves in the foot by their first coalition action being increasing student tuition. I, and a shit ton of lib dem voters, won't just forget the fact that they literally could not keep their most important and simple promise.

That's my point, the meme tier party probably has more credibility than Labour. They got obliterated in local elections, so I doubt that the national elections are going to be much kinder to them.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #293423

Either way, I do not envy the higher-ups in the Labour party right now
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #293426

[youtube]0AdvgVuoo[/youtube]
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #293443

your video is no worky shadow
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #293477

CosmicScientist wrote:I would say Monster Raving Looney is meme tier but I've never heard of them in my life besides that weird party no-one can tell me anything about, even their friend's mother's brother in law's cousin's son can't and the news just lumps them into the other section of parties. Even the BNP used to get on telly by the time I could remember what was forced upon my peeper leviathans but even though they stopped at some point, the party based on oldfag memeing never got on in my lifetime of a couple of decades.
The MRLP were more of a thing when Screaming Lord Sutch was still around, he was pretty much the british version of Vermin Supreme. Never actually planned on winning, just constantly stood for by-elections just to be the meme candidate for people who'd otherwise spoil their ballots.
The SDP folded their party days after they scored less votes than him in a by-election because how the fuck do you recover from that

The BNP have pretty much just vanished in the last decade or so. They started getting some movement going in the tail-end of Blair/Brown but all their support pretty much jumped ship to UKIP.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #293492

Yeah the BNP basically won some MEP seats then collapsed in on itself from in fighting, and lost all its council seats the next general election.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #294284

Spoiler:
I was going to post this to summon Malkevin, but it seems like he's already here.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
bandit

Post by bandit » #294530

"wow, this Russia investigation is turning into a whole thing, what could I do immediately to make it look worse?"

"I know, let's give Russia some intelligence from Israel"

admin feedback pls
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #294537

The intel was practically useless concerning how ISIS are making bombs out of all sorts of stuff, with ISIS something both the US and Russia both hate. There was no cause for alarm here.

Also the Trump/Russia thing is a total unsubstantiated witch hunt and everyone knows it.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #294542

ShadowDimentio wrote:Also the Trump/Russia thing is a total unsubstantiated witch hunt and everyone knows it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #294543

It's true, lizard. Russia didn't hack the election and Trump isn't secretly a Russian agent.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #294549

Whether it was a wise idea is debatable of course, but Trump did have the legal authority to do what he did.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #294550

ShadowDimentio wrote:Russia didn't hack the election

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #294551

Luke Cox wrote:Whether it was a wise idea is debatable of course, but Trump did have the legal authority to do what he did.
Reading further into what exactly they discussed, all it was was counterterrorism stuff about ISIS. The only reason someone would have a problem with Trump talking to Russia about it would be if they thought Russia were evil and sharing anything with them could only end badly.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #294585

As long as the sources were kept secure, I don't really see the problem. Also,

>Unironically thinking Russia hacked the election
XSI

Post by XSI » #294656

>Hey guys, you're fighting ISIS so here's a few things we know about them
>Gives classified info
>Thanks man but we already knew that

>OHMYGOD TRUMP JUST GAVE RUSSIA CLASSIFIED INFORMATION!
Yet, that same media remains dead silent about the NSA backdoors into Windows being leaked and then used by ransomware to fuck up computers worldwide
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #294664

Countries share intel all the time, if the Russian/Trump scandal didn't exist - this wouldn't even be newsworthy. As long as everything is authorised and above board (or as above board as classified info gets), there's nothing unusual going on.

It's like people want America and Russia to start Cold War 2: Electric Boogaloo
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #294665

Yet, that same media remains dead silent about the NSA backdoors into Windows being leaked and then used by ransomware to fuck up computers worldwide
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/worl ... .html?_r=0

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/natio ... in-n758516

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... dc97aa5366

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/05/15/ ... mware.html

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/12/technol ... microsoft/

?????

This has been all over the news here in America. The NBC one even has tweets from Snowden criticizing the NSA embedded in the article