Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by bandit » #30134

Bottom post of the previous page:

People who say "ayy lmao" in IC chat. IT'S STILL CHATSPEAK IN ICKY, SORRY IF THAT RUINS YOUR LE EPIC LE MAYMAY
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #30135

bandit wrote:People who say "ayy lmao" in IC chat. IT'S STILL CHATSPEAK IN ICKY, SORRY IF THAT RUINS YOUR LE EPIC LE MAYMAY
That's a 15 minute ban, actually. Ahelp it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #30266

Scott wrote:The inability to store a lighter in a cigarette pack.
This is now possible.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #30363

Saegrimr wrote:
bandit wrote:People who say "ayy lmao" in IC chat. IT'S STILL CHATSPEAK IN ICKY, SORRY IF THAT RUINS YOUR LE EPIC LE MAYMAY
I once accidentally added ":)" after a sentence when I was still relatively new. I think I died a little inside when I realised what I'd done.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #30364

peoplearestrange wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
I once accidentally added ":)" after a sentence when I was still relatively new. I think I died a little inside when I realised what I'd done.
you monster!

permaban he!
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #30372

I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I think it should be restated because nothing else in the game gets me this analdevastated: When I get arrested by Security as a Mime and they immediately take my PDA and everything and refuse to allow me to communicate at all and ignore all of my emotes and take stuff I was legitimately given and then usually bucklecuff me to a bed, then beat me and flash/pepperspray me andharass me if I dare to get tired of spending the past 10 minutes being dragged around a circus and break my vow of silence.
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #30581

Mastigos wrote:I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I think it should be restated because nothing else in the game gets me this analdevastated: When I get arrested by Security as a Mime and they immediately take my PDA and everything and refuse to allow me to communicate at all and ignore all of my emotes and take stuff I was legitimately given and then usually bucklecuff me to a bed, then beat me and flash/pepperspray me andharass me if I dare to get tired of spending the past 10 minutes being dragged around a circus and break my vow of silence.
pretty sure that crosses the line of 'being security' into 'you're just being a shitlord fnr now' territory.
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise » #30590

If I'm the mime and get arrested, I usually just give up. There was one incident in retrospect that I should've a-helped when the CMOcurity saw me walkin into his office, and instead fo calling security or talking to me, he flashed me and locked me in the patient room. That isn't bad, just defending your department, right? Except he did'nt let me out. An assistant let me out with my ID, and I immediately went to call security. The CMO still continued to stalk me, harassing me and making sure I do nothing. I eventually just started killing him because I could do nothing without him stalking me and flashing me, trying to get me arrested. The HoS had none of his shit, thank god.

Still worst mime round.
FreakyM
Byond Username: FriikkiM

Post by FreakyM » #31388

Psyentific wrote: IC Romance. Space Station 13 is a terrible place for a date, and bringing anything you like or anyone you love there is a fucking awful idea.
Last time I witnessed this happen, the results were hilarious. Let's say we all had a blast.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין
Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin

Nostakaapa maljanne rivimiehille! - Tätä laulua ei kirjoitettu hallitsijoille
Moni palatsin muureilta saa tipahtaa - Pian uusi kuningas voi jälleen astua valtaan
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31440

FreakyM wrote:
Psyentific wrote: IC Romance. Space Station 13 is a terrible place for a date, and bringing anything you like or anyone you love there is a fucking awful idea.
Last time I witnessed this happen, the results were hilarious. Let's say we all had a blast.
Earlier today, the captain married the quartermaster got married. (If I remember correctly the chaplain worshiped Obama so the same-sex marriage wasn't an issue.) When the QM decided to walk into the armory with their captain level ID, I tased his ass and threw him back out. The captain protested by doting on his now stammering husband. "What's mine is his!" etc

I've never cringed in a round of SS13 before this.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31467

cedarbridge wrote:
FreakyM wrote:
Earlier today, the captain married the quartermaster got married. (If I remember correctly the chaplain worshiped Obama so the same-sex marriage wasn't an issue.) When the QM decided to walk into the armory with their captain level ID, I tased his ass and threw him back out. The captain protested by doting on his now stammering husband. "What's mine is his!" etc

Dear god. How does this kind of autism wind up here?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #31480

I'm glad I quit tg
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31485

Malkevin wrote:I'm glad I quit tg
Crate Hitler, ne'er fi'get
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #31494

Psyentific wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
FreakyM wrote:

Dear god. How does this kind of autism wind up here?
I find it hilarious because I can't assume they were being serious about it.

Honestly, if I can find a large enough group of people willing to let themselves get dragged into some stupid shit with me, I will gladly do the stupidest, most autistic shit just to pass the round by.

One example is a late night round on Artyom where I demanded Alice Jackson be taken to court for refusing sexual favors on three accounts of my hot body. I had a lawyer write up papers and everything for possibly the most autistic, awful court case to ever grace the annals of history, and the captain demanded that Alice Jackson be hunted down and brought to justice before the court when she failed to appear because the entire thing was as stupid as it sounds.

That's what you get when you flirt with me through PDAs... I target you with slanderous court cases. I was even graced with the honor of picking out the jury and character witnesses for both myself and the accused while we waited.

I can see this wedding being on level with that hopefully. I REALLY hope everyone involved didn't take it seriously at least...

To keep this in line with pet peeves, my most recent pet peeve about this game is people claiming they 'found' antag items on the floor and then fail to give any better explanation or reasoning behind it all. No, I'm not going to believe you when you say that you 'found' an ebow when you're the atmospheric tech in a burning station. I'd have to be functionally retarded to let you go.

Second on line of pet peeves? When people let traitors go, especially ones that are both confirmed and likely to murder people. I personally have never seen it go well for the officer who tried it because they always end up dying because that traitor will use his free reign over the round to find a way to murder him, all of security, or as many people on the station as he can.

Third? When people murder monkeys just walking around. This is doubly true if there is a crazed geneticist loose or something like that. I've seen a detective get turned into a monkey, beaten to death, and then gibbed because 'It's a changeling!'
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31496

As Warden, when someone tells me to perma someone because "He's a traitor"
Well, that's all well and good, now give me an actual fucking reason. Did he murder someone? Did you find his prints all over an emagged locker? Did an emag mysteriously fall out of his pockets? Can you give me something more to go on than your word? I can drag some assistant in and say "He's a traitor, perma he", that doesn't make it true.

Yes, I'll gladly change my tune as soon as there's some concrete evidence, but if you throw "A traitor" at me and he's got nothing in his pack, nothing in his pockets, no prior criminal record, no evidence, nobody vouching against him, no nothing, don't expect him to go anywhere but out the front door. Maybe I'll even apologize for my retarded boss.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #31498

"Second on line of pet peeves? When people let traitors go, especially ones that are both confirmed and likely to murder people. I personally have never seen it go well for the officer who tried it because they always end up dying because that traitor will use his free reign over the round to find a way to murder him, all of security, or as many people on the station as he can."

Lawyers are the worst.

I was once on a literal murder boner as a slip and slice janitor, killed about five people before security caught me and arrested me.
I asked to be borged, security agrees but some lawyer decides to butt in and try to make himself feel relevant with are-peas.
I'm taken to the interview room where I discover security didn't do a proper search of me, I discover I still have a looted stun baton and taser in my pack.
Resist out of my cuffs, whilst the lawyer was in view, then beat the lawyer to death with the baton and steal his ID for freedoms.
Managed to kill three more people before sec finally caught me again.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #31500

Well of course. I've had to release plenty of people because they've waited for more than five minutes and the guards were too busy fucking each other to give me an answer...

But I mean whenever there's someone that was caught with an emag, caught with the armory in his pocket, seen stealing an RCD, has the hand teleporter without a valid reason (there are a few), was caught running around with bombs but not blowing them all up yet (god help me if you give a scientist his comms back when he has the frequency to his bombs memorized and the station is full of assistants), or something equally and awfully condemning. I've seen these people get let go just because 'well, he had an Emag but he hasn't hurt anyone yet!'

No I'm not going to chloral implant you so you can run to the autolathe and print out surgery tools, you're getting borged or permad. You were dumb enough to get caught and make yourself my problem for the next ten minutes of you screaming out 'I din do nuffin!'

With that said, I've got a bit of an equally opposite pet peeve...

When I have to let people go from the brig as the warden and apologize while simultaneously informing that a security guard can't put them in there for 'disrespecting them.'

When I have to yell over security comms for the guard who picked the clown up to bring their banana peel, toolbelt, or something equally as retarded back.

I understand that it's rough sometimes, and maybe sometimes people are getting really rowdy and you think they're the type of people who will steal your arrestees and push you down and beat you up, or maybe you feel the clown shouldn't have a toolbelt or the bananapeel was used to commit the crime so it should be taken away, but at the very least fess up to your bullshit over comms.

And as the warden, I want shit to be run properly. If an officer is being an asshole to people for no reason, tell me! I'll keep an eye on him. I've had to permabrig one for tazing fellow officers and then screaming rape and that I was a traitor when I was taking his security gear off to throw him out of the brig as an ID-less greyshirt.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31551

Raven776 wrote:And as the warden, I want shit to be run properly. If an officer is being an asshole to people for no reason, tell me! I'll keep an eye on him. I've had to permabrig one for tazing fellow officers and then screaming rape and that I was a traitor when I was taking his security gear off to throw him out of the brig as an ID-less greyshirt.
That is the single most satisfying thing - Permabrigging your own shitcurity.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #31552

Raven776 wrote: And as the warden, I want shit to be run properly. If an officer is being an asshole to people for no reason, tell me! I'll keep an eye on him. I've had to permabrig one for tazing fellow officers and then screaming rape and that I was a traitor when I was taking his security gear off to throw him out of the brig as an ID-less greyshirt.
You don't have the authority to arrest a security officer as warden tho.
I wouldn't mind if I was playing HoS and you arrest a sec officer who's being shit but some HoS are autismal when it comes to "m-muh authority" and thus have an authority complex where if everything doesn't go through them they feel under appreciated.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31558

I'd rather have an authority-complex HoS than shitcurity HoS.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31574

ColonicAcid wrote:
Raven776 wrote: And as the warden, I want shit to be run properly. If an officer is being an asshole to people for no reason, tell me! I'll keep an eye on him. I've had to permabrig one for tazing fellow officers and then screaming rape and that I was a traitor when I was taking his security gear off to throw him out of the brig as an ID-less greyshirt.
This. You're literally just another SO with authority over the brig and armory and a cool hat. Nothing more.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #31633

cedarbridge wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:
This. You're literally just another SO with authority over the brig and armory and a cool hat. Nothing more.
Officers don't have rank over ANY of the crew. We still arrest them.

If he's breaking the law or assaulting people, I take whatever tools he used to break the law away when it becomes evident he will continue to do so. That includes his security access and gear. In no other case do you sit idly by and twiddle your thumbs because the chain of command...

Mutiny is against the law, acting against your equals is what security does on a regular basis to ensure the safety and order of the station.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #32582

Raven776 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:
Officers don't have rank over ANY of the crew.
Except all those turds in grey jumpsuits.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #32584

Arresting another Security Officer is very much a grey area, you can't make any blanket rulings in these situations. Personally even though the rules try and state otherwise, I see the Warden as the true second in command of Security.

A Warden has as much right to arrest a bad Security Officer as a Security Officer has the right to arrest a bad Head of Security. You would do well in getting the support of the rest of the department prior however, or the Captain, unless your the HoS however as he has free demotion rights within Security.

Security demotion scenarios can actually be interesting, its just that most of them are because the person being arrested truly is 'shitcurity'.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #32639

Steelpoint wrote:Arresting another Security Officer is very much a grey area, you can't make any blanket rulings in these situations. Personally even though the rules try and state otherwise, I see the Warden as the true second in command of Security.

A Warden has as much right to arrest a bad Security Officer as a Security Officer has the right to arrest a bad Head of Security. You would do well in getting the support of the rest of the department prior however, or the Captain, unless your the HoS however as he has free demotion rights within Security.

Security demotion scenarios can actually be interesting, its just that most of them are because the person being arrested truly is 'shitcurity'.
It's probably also always worth ahelping if your going to do something like that. Even if its just "HoS is being a shitler, going to arrest him, this ok?" Situations like that can get pretty outa hand sometimes.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #32728

Mimes.... Just mimes. I don't know if it's just me, but i get the impression that the people who choose mime are the shittler special snowflakes. I can count on my hand how many decent mimes i've seen, and it was 1. But every round when i see a mime he's doing shitty things, usually stealing. A clown trips you? You get honked in the face, good on you clown, being a clown. Mime trips you? Cable Cuffs+ID stolen+Shitcurity not giving a shit. And during the times i get to be clown, oh god. Every single time i have to get pared with the shitleriest of shitler mimes. I've lost count how many fucking times a mime cable cuffs me, takes my PDA, my ID and my headset then locks me in the backstage and turns out the lights. And to make it all worse, i fight back and suddenly i'm the one with the "audacity" to attack the mime. In every single instance where i've been arrested for attacking the mime, the mime strikes first and doesn't get arrested. It started with a mime named Typhane (who is thankfully banned) and her uber metagaming but now it seems to be the same shit every single time. Even the AI gets behind the mime. During the few moments i've managed to get the upper hand on the mime (fucking clumsy gene) the AI bolts the doors and calls security. Never once has the AI does this to the mime, never once have i seen a mime in brig. I don't know why it seems when ever i'm the clown, the mime gets to be pretty princess snowflake.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #32775

Cuboos wrote:Mimes.... Just mimes. I don't know if it's just me, but i get the impression that the people who choose mime are the shittler special snowflakes. I can count on my hand how many decent mimes i've seen, and it was 1. But every round when i see a mime he's doing shitty things, usually stealing. A clown trips you? You get honked in the face, good on you clown, being a clown. Mime trips you? Cable Cuffs+ID stolen+Shitcurity not giving a shit. And during the times i get to be clown, oh god. Every single time i have to get pared with the shitleriest of shitler mimes. I've lost count how many fucking times a mime cable cuffs me, takes my PDA, my ID and my headset then locks me in the backstage and turns out the lights. And to make it all worse, i fight back and suddenly i'm the one with the "audacity" to attack the mime. In every single instance where i've been arrested for attacking the mime, the mime strikes first and doesn't get arrested. It started with a mime named Typhane (who is thankfully banned) and her uber metagaming but now it seems to be the same shit every single time. Even the AI gets behind the mime. During the few moments i've managed to get the upper hand on the mime (fucking clumsy gene) the AI bolts the doors and calls security. Never once has the AI does this to the mime, never once have i seen a mime in brig. I don't know why it seems when ever i'm the clown, the mime gets to be pretty princess snowflake.
Funny, I've seen a lot of the direct opposite, even of myself during my brief span of playing mime. Mime does nothing, gets antagonized by random crew, gets blamed for it.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #32832

Cipher3 wrote:
Cuboos wrote:Mimes.... Just mimes. I don't know if it's just me, but i get the impression that the people who choose mime are the shittler special snowflakes. I can count on my hand how many decent mimes i've seen, and it was 1. But every round when i see a mime he's doing shitty things, usually stealing. A clown trips you? You get honked in the face, good on you clown, being a clown. Mime trips you? Cable Cuffs+ID stolen+Shitcurity not giving a shit. And during the times i get to be clown, oh god. Every single time i have to get pared with the shitleriest of shitler mimes. I've lost count how many fucking times a mime cable cuffs me, takes my PDA, my ID and my headset then locks me in the backstage and turns out the lights. And to make it all worse, i fight back and suddenly i'm the one with the "audacity" to attack the mime. In every single instance where i've been arrested for attacking the mime, the mime strikes first and doesn't get arrested. It started with a mime named Typhane (who is thankfully banned) and her uber metagaming but now it seems to be the same shit every single time. Even the AI gets behind the mime. During the few moments i've managed to get the upper hand on the mime (fucking clumsy gene) the AI bolts the doors and calls security. Never once has the AI does this to the mime, never once have i seen a mime in brig. I don't know why it seems when ever i'm the clown, the mime gets to be pretty princess snowflake.
Funny, I've seen a lot of the direct opposite, even of myself during my brief span of playing mime. Mime does nothing, gets antagonized by the clown, gets blamed for it.
FTFY
FredNodoor
Byond Username: Anonwizard404

Post by FredNodoor » #33248

Zippo spam, i REALLY hate it, especially when your trying to look at what someone says.
My only dream is a world without mimes
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #33526

Hey Mr Trained medical professional. Its great that you've taken a notice of me gasping on the floor here. You think that maybe, just maybe, you can CPR me once or twice before starting off on your magical journey to the cryotubes (because that's the only way anyone knows how to medicine apparently)? Shit, you just drug me over 3 blue medkits that all had dexaline and inaprov in them. You know, those things that can keep me alive long enough for you to put me in that cryo tube so you can forget I'm there? No? K.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #33536

Considering that most MDs would have time to eat a meal IRL before you die it's not that bad.

My pet peeve is silicons. I hate silicons.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #33545

When I make 80 pills of 5 units Doctor's Delight, 4 units of tricord, and 1 unit of dexalin plus and leave that on the chemistry counter and some shitlord who burned himself hacking a door comes up and demands to be put in the sleeper or kelotane. Those pills are there for a reason, pop them into someone's mouth if they're dying or eat one and fuck off if you're not.

Alternatively, people who eat seven in a row when they're down to 90% HP. I've dosed enough people with surprise chloral just for overindulging in my precious pills. I'm sending mixed messages but GOD DAMN it's not so hard to just take as many as you need.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #33578

Raven776 wrote:When I make 80 pills of 5 units Doctor's Delight, 4 units of tricord, and 1 unit of dexalin plus and leave that on the chemistry counter and some shitlord who burned himself hacking a door comes up and demands to be put in the sleeper or kelotane. Those pills are there for a reason, pop them into someone's mouth if they're dying or eat one and fuck off if you're not.

Alternatively, people who eat seven in a row when they're down to 90% HP. I've dosed enough people with surprise chloral just for overindulging in my precious pills. I'm sending mixed messages but GOD DAMN it's not so hard to just take as many as you need.
As an extension of that, completely healthy assclowns who walk up to the Chemistry counter and just start gobbling down every pill you carefully designed.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #33584

Ricotez wrote:
Raven776 wrote:When I make 80 pills of 5 units Doctor's Delight, 4 units of tricord, and 1 unit of dexalin plus and leave that on the chemistry counter and some shitlord who burned himself hacking a door comes up and demands to be put in the sleeper or kelotane. Those pills are there for a reason, pop them into someone's mouth if they're dying or eat one and fuck off if you're not.

As an extension of that, completely healthy assclowns who walk up to the Chemistry counter and just start gobbling down every pill you carefully designed.
To be fair, if I were admin and some jackass just walked up and ate every pill in sight and ahelped when one of them turned out to be chloral, I'd probably just say "maybe don't go around wolfing down a million fucking pills and undoing the chemist's work FNR".
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #33585

It did used to be admin policy that you could place poisons on your desk as long as you didn't label them as helpful drugs
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #33600

ThatSlyFox wrote:My pet peeve is silicons. I hate silicons.
Why?
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #33716

Because you can't fuck a computer obviously.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #33763

Oh come on, I know you've seen that .gif by now.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #36863

Any HoP that ever promotes someone to a security position. There's a reason we have no security antag, and what happens after they do this is always a reminder.

Any HoP that ever promotes someone without talking to the head in charge of that sector. Double points if they promote someone to Head of something while people are already working in that sector instead of just promoting someone already there.

Anyone that ditches their backpack to carry an axe. If there has ever been a sign that said, "I don't care about anything else in this round but validhunting, slashing random people with an axe, or being the most obvious antag you can't arrest," it would be carrying an axe.

Cyborgs that play dumb to break their laws. You know when someone is going to try to emag you, you know when someone is trying to pull someone away to murder them, and you know when and where your attention should be. Looking the other way is downplaying the intelligence of silicons.

Geneticists that rush hulk and then leave medbay, never to be seen again with naught in their legacy but the resounding cries of "HRNNNNNGH!!" through the comms as everyone wonders which department they're breaking into.

Construct cult. It's got the same problems as hulk, revolution, and monkey game mode all bundled into the same one. You've got random, blatant wall smashing, conversions/deconversions that are no fun for anyone involved, and being completely taken out of the round after a brief stint propagating the gamemode or wandering around aimlessly during the ending portion. I've never felt good being a juggernaught murdering five people because it's not satisfying.

The fact that you can't fill a hypospray by clicking a bottle with the hypospray in your hand. As much fun as it is yanking one out like a magazine and refilling it like a gun with heal-y bullets, it would just be so much faster and easier if I could mix my chems on the spot without juggling oddly colored containers.

The fact that medipens don't fit in medbelts and also that they're so much of a pain to refill with other chemicals. They substitute as a surrogate, emergency hypospray (or as a parapen if you know what you're doing) but to get more than one of them you need to either collect a few beakers of inaprovaline or dose yourself up with it like an addict. Ideally, there would be empty ones you could get from a vender or make out of something...

When you tell someone who your murderer is after getting cloned only to see their face when you get out of cryo.

The woeful difference between polyacid spray and polyacid grenades.

Forgetting which chemical to make alkysine out of for the fourth time in the same night and having to open the wiki page up like babby's first chemist all over again.

When people freak out when they're hurt and you jab them with a needle or hypospray as an MD.
Deirun
Byond Username: Deirun

Post by Deirun » #36867

People who yell "AI HELP HARM" when security arrests them for being shit.
People who break the windows in perma and expect the AI to let them out.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #36951

Raven776 wrote:I've never felt good being a juggernaught murdering five people because it's not satisfying.
You just don't have the blood thirst. LET THE STRENGTH OF THE OLD GODS FLOOD THROUGH YOUR VEINS AS YOU REALIZE YOUR AWESOME POWER.
Raven776 wrote:The fact that medipens don't fit in medbelts and also that they're so much of a pain to refill with other chemicals. They substitute as a surrogate, emergency hypospray (or as a parapen if you know what you're doing) but to get more than one of them you need to either collect a few beakers of inaprovaline or dose yourself up with it like an addict. Ideally, there would be empty ones you could get from a vender or make out of something...
This might be because they're not supposed to be used that way. If they were, they'd be hyposprays. Allowing them to have something else was a fun little side-use for people that wanted to go ghetto, not a way to cop out of having to cough up TC to get a super robust item.
Raven776 wrote:Any HoP that ever promotes someone to a security position. There's a reason we have no security antag, and what happens after they do this is always a reminder.
Only I frequently end up as assistant and then go to the HoP to become security without being an antag. Just redirect them to the HoS first.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #36961

I will say that maybe they're not supposed to be used that way and it's fine they're a bitch to unfill and refill, but they could at least fit on a medibelt. Everything else that fits in a medkit fits in a medibelt.
Sky Icewind
Byond Username: SkyIcewind

Post by Sky Icewind » #37022

Detectives who don't do their job and just grab regular sec gear and proceed to be shitcurity.

Wardens who don't do their job and proceed to be shitcurity and are never seen managing the brig ever again.

Geneticists who get hulk and leave to break into wherever the fuck they feel like.

Double Agent mode.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #37028

Sky Icewind wrote:Wardens who don't do their job and proceed to be shitcurity and are never seen managing the brig ever again.
I've probably seen this once in the last 3 months. Tops
Sky Icewind
Byond Username: SkyIcewind

Post by Sky Icewind » #37054

cedarbridge wrote:
Sky Icewind wrote:Wardens who don't do their job and proceed to be shitcurity and are never seen managing the brig ever again.
I've probably seen this once in the last 3 months. Tops
Still annoying when it happens.

I'm fine with a warden grabbing a shield and a laser gun and busting some syndie operative/alien ass every now and again, but there are some wardens who just dress up in full combat gear and just fuck off and their office is empty for the entirety of the round.

They're a disgrace to the blue hat...Not as bad as detectives who don't do one bit of detecting and just act like a brown coated officer though.
mattroks101
Byond Username: Mattroks101

Post by mattroks101 » #82326

Raven776 wrote:Any HoP that ever promotes someone to a security position. There's a reason we have no security antag, and what happens after they do this is always a reminder.
Any HoP that doesn't promote people to security when security needs officers. Loyalty implants exist for a reason. Send them to HoS to verify they're ok, implant them, and promote them. If there's no HoS contact Captain, if no Captain then do it yourself, just be sure to implant. Security is a very important positions, it's important that the station has officers especially when half of them are dead and there's a disaster.

On that note, any HoP that only checks the computer to see if there's any job openings before denying someone a job. Instead of checking with the department to see if their staff is braindead/actually dead. HoPs can make or break a game, especially if you've joined late. It's your job to make sure people have a job to do and if you're going around denying jobs then you're not doing your job.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #82327

mattroks101 wrote:Loyalty implants exist for a reason. Send them to HoS to verify they're ok, implant them, and promote them.
See this thread:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3223
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #82328

mattroks101 wrote:
Any HoP that doesn't promote people to security when security needs officers. Loyalty implants exist for a reason. Send them to HoS to verify they're ok, implant them, and promote them. If there's no HoS contact Captain, if no Captain then do it yourself, just be sure to implant. Security is a very important positions, it's important that the station has officers especially when half of them are dead and there's a disaster.

On that note, any HoP that only checks the computer to see if there's any job openings before denying someone a job. Instead of checking with the department to see if their staff is braindead/actually dead. HoPs can make or break a game, especially if you've joined late. It's your job to make sure people have a job to do and if you're going around denying jobs then you're not doing your job.
I do not and will not assign people to Security unless the HoS or Captain gives approval. I will tell them to go to Sec first to get implanted, then return to me for their ID change. HoS players will flip out if you assign people to their department without notice.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #82341

Steelpoint wrote:You would think the AI would be smart enough to assume that there is a good reason why someone is incarcerated.

Well whatever, release prisoners from Security at your own peril. Just don't lodge a ban request when you get a Ion Rifle shoved up your digital ass.
"A good reason" can sadly go to hell - They could be in there for stealing the entire contents of the bar and spaciing them, then incinerating every pet and welding down random walls and building windows in the corridors. If they haven't hurt anyone and you're too lazy to literally say ":s AI, do not release any prisoners unless their timer is done" at some point, the AI has no choice but to let them go.

Co-operate with your AI and never have to make stupid outlandish threats ever again.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #82349

I guess that's one of my most irritating points that I get stuck on consistently - when I'm an AI/cyborg and I need to interact with somebody who not only does not properly understand Asimov, but also gets shouty and violent when I'm not behaving exactly as they want me to ("No, I cannot kill the nuclear operative. No, now that you've announced your intention to kill the nuclear operative at the first chance you get, I cannot allow you to take the nuclear operative with you anywhere I can't have a cyborg on standby. No, I am not rogue.")

Also, validhunting in general. Hell, people who refuse to communicate and negotiate... no, what's the worst is the zombie players, who will wordlessly pick up the nearest, heaviest object and just start smacking you with it.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #82373

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:You would think the AI would be smart enough to assume that there is a good reason why someone is incarcerated.

Well whatever, release prisoners from Security at your own peril. Just don't lodge a ban request when you get a Ion Rifle shoved up your digital ass.
"A good reason" can sadly go to hell - They could be in there for stealing the entire contents of the bar and spaciing them, then incinerating every pet and welding down random walls and building windows in the corridors. If they haven't hurt anyone and you're too lazy to literally say ":s AI, do not release any prisoners unless their timer is done" at some point, the AI has no choice but to let them go.

Co-operate with your AI and never have to make stupid outlandish threats ever again.
Its one of the many implied OOC restrictions on Asimov, like not allowing AIs to shut down toxins and genetics and robotics at round start.