Bottom post of the previous page:

reading comprehension is hard
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by Screemonster » #339883

yeah. "Guy picks fight, gets more fight than he bargained for" would be a complete non-story if he wasn't wearing a nazi armband but because he was wearing one all the hypothetical free speech arguments are coming out when what he was wearing was completely incidental to what he was doing (and the results thereof)

it's true that there's no nazi exception to the 1st amendment but by the same token there's no nazi exception to "start shit, get hit"
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #340022

So this is a thing, apparently
https://gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a ... 1818629537
The European Commission paid €360,000 (about $428,000) for a study on how piracy impacts the sales of copyrighted music, books, video games, and movies. But the EU never shared the report—possibly because it determined that there is no evidence that piracy is a major problem.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #340029

XSI wrote: €360,000 (about $428,000)
Man, the Euro sure has gone to shit lately huh?
XSI

Post by XSI » #340059

Just as intended, the entire economy is fucked by design because that slight amount of fucked benefits some companies who happen to be friends with politicians/central bankers
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340128

euro vs dollar has always been fucked.

tho tbh just because it translate to a lower price than dollars doesn't mean shit lol

1000 korean won translate to less than 1 american dollar but you dont see people going "SOUTH KOREA IS LITERALLY GOING TO CRASH AND BURN"
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340132

also lower currency helps exports.

europe exports alot of shit
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340138

no lol

euro in general exports a shit ton of stuff.

like sure, we're not america or china but we're far closer to them than any other country or union

people want our cheese and wine and other useless shit
XSI

Post by XSI » #340150

Pretty much that
Keep the currency just low enough that the exporting businesses have a good time
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #340151

Doesn't china deliberately fuck around and keep their currency suppressed so they can keep their exports attractive? (never mind what other consequences this has on their markets)
XSI

Post by XSI » #340152

Yes
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #340157

China's success is pretty much entirely built on the backs of slave labor and incredibly poor standards in the name of quick money.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #340175

that sounds awfully familiar
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #340187

CosmicScientist wrote:I'll have you know ASEAN might... be an exporter someday.

On a tangential topic, do you prefer Portuguese, Spanish, French or Italian wine?
South African wine is awful, it tastes like they brew it using sea water its that salty.

Australian reds are what I usually drink, Spanish and Italian are the best if we're talking European.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340211

CosmicScientist wrote:I'll have you know ASEAN might... be an exporter someday.

On a tangential topic, do you prefer Portuguese, Spanish, French or Italian wine?
i prefer reds from the douro region but that's because its got nostalgia because i used to live there and my grandparents used to make it.

chilean, cali, australian, french, spanish and italian wines are also very very good but portuguese wine wins because of my bias.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340213

ShadowDimentio wrote:China's success is pretty much entirely built on the backs of slave labor and incredibly poor standards in the name of quick money.
"quick money"

oil money is quick money, building an industrial base and out competing everyone is having a long term monopoly, and for the chinese government there is no push or no need to actually force workers to have good working standards. as long as they're not getting killed right and centre they don't give two fucks and don't need to.

don't let your western bias put down the chinese economy because it's fuelled by "slave labour". the quality is poor for sure, but they're automatising quickly and it's getting better and better.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #340217

Yeah man it's my filthy western bias yelling in my ear that people shouldn't be worked like slaves and then discarded and replaced when inevitably something goes wrong
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #340220

What are you a fucking commie
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340228

ShadowDimentio wrote:Yeah man it's my filthy western bias yelling in my ear that people shouldn't be worked like slaves and then discarded and replaced when inevitably something goes wrong
do you think any government actually fundamentally cares about you or me?

we're fucking statistics to them, the only reason our quality of living is so high was because of the early 20th century forced governments to make our quality of living better because they needed healthy soldiers for total war. if governments could take that away and save money they would 100% do it without a second thought but we don't like people giving us something and then pulling it from under us. in a democracy that would be political suicide.

look at all the current developing countries, NONE of them are trying to make quality of living better, because they don't need it to make the economy better. focus on the upper echelon because thats what brings the money. you want healthy soldiers? why lol, just get drones, tanks, aircrafts and special forces and you can win any war.

wanting to increase everyones quality of life is a very liberal thought m8, which is something you are VERY VERY against.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340229

u cant just pick and choose "m-muh liberuls" here.

you're either a liberal or youre not lol
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #340234

>Does any government care about you or me

Trick question. They're SUPPOSED to care about you or me, though that doesn't always mean they do, and as far as offenders of this go China is near the top.

Also >I'm not a liberal

Good to know, thanks for telling me what I am
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340237

>they're supposed to care about you

hell no lol you understand everything they do is to extract wealth from us? we're educated because a more educated population produces more wealth. food is subsidised because healthy people are more productive and extract wealth.

don't be so naive to think that for one second any upper level politician is losing sleep over people suffering. they're losing sleep over GDP not reaching target levels or losing sleep over being out competed on the world stage.

you can't have a government in this day and age and still care about people on a personal level. the only way to successfully run a government is to not look at singular cases but look at society as a whole.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340239

if it quacks like a duck and it walks like a duck its probably a duck no?

everything you've posted has been reactionary and neo-conservative as fuck, what do you want me to do? close my eyes disregard everything and state that you're a liberal?

pls bruh
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #340243

>fighting with labels

zionist af tbh
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340244

muslims are all disgusting subhumans and undocumented immigrants are LITERALLY worse than hitler.

but im liberal guys fr fr
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #340246

Don't blow people up and don't break the law
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #340247

and above all else
don't try to discuss anything with shadowmemes

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340270

ShadowDimentio wrote:Don't blow people up and don't break the law
what about buddhists tho

should they stop literally genociding people purely on religion?

don't give me that shtick you greasy gremlin, you don't have a problem with people blowing each other up, you have a problem purely with muslims.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #340275

Them poor muslims who dindu nuffin to deserve any hate RELIGION OF PEAS
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340276

wait

wait

did i just hear the religious equivalent of "she was asking for it?"
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340284

no, because there's nothing like making people vote than saying outright you're going to remove the benefits that people have enjoyed.

im telling you right now, if the government plainly went out today and said "we're going to remove all benefits and the NHS is going to be privatised" the tory party would not get voted in, in fact they would probably lose nearly all seats.

humans are built on the concept of if you give me an inch ill try and take a mile and if you try and take that away im going to be very VERY angry.
XSI

Post by XSI » #340302

Whenever someone is called a liberal

Clarify if you mean modern day liberal(US progressives), or classical liberal(19th century free market advocate) or neo-liberal(Essentially actively trying to get a corporate-ruled dystopia with gems such as 'privatise the water supply!')
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #340336

CosmicScientist wrote:inferiority complex fascist
I don't hate the blacks/jews/gays, BUT
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #340346

ColonicAcid wrote:euro vs dollar has always been fucked.

tho tbh just because it translate to a lower price than dollars doesn't mean shit lol

1000 korean won translate to less than 1 american dollar but you dont see people going "SOUTH KOREA IS LITERALLY GOING TO CRASH AND BURN"
Nobody says this because the Nork economy is a meme
XSI

Post by XSI » #340354

Asian currency seems to have this thing about bigger numbers, with Yen and such being big numbers
Actually that might just be Asia in general, western RPGs tend to have small numbers for your health like you get 15 boxes of health or something to fill in when you take damage it's generally a small amount
But Asian RPG stuff gives you a few thousand hitpoints and attacks similarly throw out huge numbers
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #340360

Oh my god
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #340367

a yen is basically the equivilant of a cent
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #340419

XSI wrote:Asian currency seems to have this thing about bigger numbers, with Yen and such being big numbers
Actually that might just be Asia in general, western RPGs tend to have small numbers for your health like you get 15 boxes of health or something to fill in when you take damage it's generally a small amount
But Asian RPG stuff gives you a few thousand hitpoints and attacks similarly throw out huge numbers
almost like they're compensating for something... :?:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #340441

Election day.

I can't wait for another four years of leftist conservatives and right-wing social democrats.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #340459

DemonFiren wrote:Election day.

I can't wait for another four years of leftist conservatives and right-wing social democrats.
Given the two front runners are a woman and Angela Merkel and both hold up the same policies, Germany is pretty much on course to keep up its downward spiral.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #340465

"downward spiral"

so you believe everything you hear from neo-conservatives uh?

well i got a beach house in Nevada to sell you buddy
XSI

Post by XSI » #340475

Yeah, it's not a downward spiral

It's more like a free-fall without parachute
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #340482

ColonicAcid wrote:"downward spiral"

you have no fucking idea how rich you're gonna be in this economy

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #340492

DemonFiren wrote:

Aren't neo conservatives about buying gold and shit like that? I'd have to research it but buying gold was a big thing on both infowars and bill o riley.
XSI

Post by XSI » #340518

starmute wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:

Aren't neo conservatives about buying gold and shit like that? I'd have to research it but buying gold was a big thing on both infowars and bill o riley.
Neo-conservatives are about WOO MURRICA WORLD POLICE! LETS HELP ISRAEL BY KILLING OFF ALL DEM MUSLIM COUNTRIES! BOMB IRAN!
Non-ironic world police, anti-communism straight from the cold war and being best buds with globalists, bankers and corporations
Buying gold is a theme with them occasionally, but it's more for the alternative-right like ancaps and libertarians who want the gold standard back
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #340541

CosmicScientist wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Election day.

pls give info only a native knows. Such as what each party is and why the biggest one is black. Black isn't normally associated as being a good colour... or lack of colour.

From what you said I'm going to assume the only colour that's representative is the green party being the environmental/shut down the nuclear plants party. That and the party's name is green. One party simply being called left is an odd one to see.
Union is Conservative, right-of-centre and so Christian it's part of their name (CDU/CSU being Christian Democratic and Christian Social Union, respectively). Under Merkel they've become almost left.
CSU (Bavaria) and CDU (the rest of Germany) don't really like each other that much thanks to Angie's various interesting strategic choices, but they can't really be separated.

SPD is Social Democrats, left-of-centre. Not very far left, though, and willing to bend over backwards if it makes them compatible with the Union because being with the opposition sucks.
Like the Union they've pretty much lost their defining characteristics over the years. Grand Coalition does that to you.

Linke is a whole lot more left than SPD, closer to socialists but mostly not commies (MLPD is for those.)
The only real choice if you're left-wing but don't like the EU. Have trouble distancing themselves from their more violent supporters, as seen in the aftermath of Hamburg.

Grüne, yes, are green.
Fractured, they don't really know what they're doing; they are the other only party you can vote for if you're left-wing and like the EU.

FDP is economic liberal and pretty much a joke.
They were utterly demolished in 2013 and haven't really recovered, but are trying to sell themselves. Trying too hard, and it kinda shows.

AfD started as anti-EU bureaucracy, quickly turned anti-refugee, from there on anti-Islam, anti-Merkel, and anti-establishment.
Pretty unstable, change leadership fairly often and don't know if they want to be moderate right or more extreme. As of now it seems they're gonna be more extreme, but that may change very rapidly.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #340545

XSI wrote:
starmute wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:

Neo-conservatives are about WOO MURRICA WORLD POLICE! LETS HELP ISRAEL BY KILLING OFF ALL DEM MUSLIM COUNTRIES! BOMB IRAN!
Non-ironic world police, anti-communism straight from the cold war and being best buds with globalists, bankers and corporations
Buying gold is a theme with them occasionally, but it's more for the alternative-right like ancaps and libertarians who want the gold standard back

I was talking about what they advertise, not their world views. I kinda lumped alt-right and neo cons together. Sorry if that offended you.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #340555

XSI wrote:anti-communism straight from the cold war
You say that likes its a bad thing
DemonFiren wrote: Grüne, yes, are green.
Fractured, they don't really know what they're doing;
So... every country's green party then.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #340577

XSI wrote:Yeah, it's not a downward spiral

It's more like a free-fall without parachute
Yeah basically.
XSI

Post by XSI » #340579

starmute wrote:I was talking about what they advertise, not their world views. I kinda lumped alt-right and neo cons together. Sorry if that offended you.
Naw, it's just one of those things that helps to get clarified. Neocons tend to flip flop between 'Buy gold everything is fucked' and 'Gold is useless dollars forever'
Malkevin wrote:
No judgement on my part. They do tend to be very strongly in favour of capitalism and very strongly opposed to communism though, in practically every way they can be. Even modern ones, though they've learned to not show it as much after being told the cold war is over a billion times
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #340590

XSI wrote:
starmute wrote:I was talking about what they advertise, not their world views. I kinda lumped alt-right and neo cons together. Sorry if that offended you.
Naw, it's just one of those things that helps to get clarified. Neocons tend to flip flop between 'Buy gold everything is fucked' and 'Gold is useless dollars forever'
Malkevin wrote:
No judgement on my part. They do tend to be very strongly in favour of capitalism and very strongly opposed to communism though, in practically every way they can be. Even modern ones, though they've learned to not show it as much after being told the cold war is over a billion times
It usually manifests more of being anti-Russia than anti-communism. Anything to relive those Cold War glory days™ though constantly poking Putin in the chest and fighting stupid proxy wars over bullshit.