2k17 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by cedarbridge » #344124

Bottom post of the previous page:

Grazyn wrote:You mention places that have known war since time meant shit. Afghanistan especially. And suffered millions of casualties compared to the thousands on the US side. I have a feeling that once the first reports of hundreds of "uncompliant armed combatant" killed in the town next door start coming in, people will carefully line their guns in the street so the military can just sweep them up.
Sounds like the basis for a cool vidya, actually. Like Red Faction but not on Mars.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #344134

cedarbridge wrote:
Grazyn wrote:You mention places that have known war since time meant shit. Afghanistan especially. And suffered millions of casualties compared to the thousands on the US side. I have a feeling that once the first reports of hundreds of "uncompliant armed combatant" killed in the town next door start coming in, people will carefully line their guns in the street so the military can just sweep them up.
Sounds like the basis for a cool vidya, actually. Like Red Faction but not on Mars.
I mean, you don't even have to imagine it. We have precedents we can look up to. Waco for example. A fortress fully manned by dozens of armed gun-nuts against the Government. The nutters didn't want to hand over their guns. How did it end? 82 dead, and the government only lost 4 officers.

Wow, what a fierce resistance, surely shows you what a hard time the government would have to take your guns.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #344136

That or become fully convinced that the state is trying to kill them and start actually fighting.

Then it becomes a war of morale attrition that the millitary would almost certainly lose as they're ordered to kill their fellow countrymen.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #344141

It was largely the invention of democracy and the collective realization that governments didn't have to be authoritarian monarchies.

Then it was just the slow displacement of the monarchies and implementation of various forms of democracies.
Last edited by ShadowDimentio on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #344143

Propaganda only works when the media is properly controlled, you'd have to pretty much censor the entire internet which would be nigh impossible since it permeates every facet of modern life
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #344145

ShadowDimentio wrote:
That or become fully convinced that the state is trying to kill them and start actually fighting.

Then it becomes a war of morale attrition that the millitary would almost certainly lose as they're ordered to kill their fellow countrymen.
I mean, in most cases they wouldn't even have to fight, just isolate the town, cut water and power and just wait them out. Major cities won't be a problem since they're already liberal at least according to election data. Sure, you would have "attrition" in the form of some gun nuts in a remote cabin or some waco-wannabe but not much more
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #344148

ShadowDimentio wrote:Propaganda only works when the media is properly controlled, you'd have to pretty much censor the entire internet which would be nigh impossible since it permeates every facet of modern life
Well according to this thread the media is already controlled by dems so you got that.
Last edited by Grazyn on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #344150

Grazyn wrote:I mean, in most cases they wouldn't even have to fight, just isolate the town, cut water and power and just wait them out. Major cities won't be a problem since they're already liberal at least according to election data. Sure, you would have "attrition" in the form of some gun nuts in a remote cabin or some waco-wannabe but not much more
It'd still take ages, and likely wouldn't even work. There's plenty the town could do to sustain itself if not forever for a fairly long time, plus this'd make morale just as bad as people start fleeing the town like war refugees and soldiers start questioning their orders.

I wouldn't bet against sizeable chunks of the millitary defecting if they were given orders to start killing fellow Americans.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #344151

Grazyn wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Propaganda only works when the media is properly controlled, you'd have to pretty much censor the entire internet which would be nigh impossible since it permeates every facet of modern life
Well according to this thread the media is already controlled by dems so you got that
Media yes, internet god no.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #344153

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
Well according to this thread the media is already controlled by dems so you got that
Media yes, internet god no.
I think the government can also shut down the internet in a way that most non computer savvy people won't be able to go around but don't take my word for it
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #344154

Its just like my futurepunk novels come to life.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #344156

People would go fucking feral if the government cut off the internet, especially if it was because they needed to censor everything so people don't ask too many questions about the gun bans

Also how does anyone not see the enormous signs that this is leading into an authoritarian state hanging overhead

First they disarm you, then they censor you
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #344158

What could go wrong?
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #344159

CosmicScientist wrote:British army goal (I assume in a few years down the line) to have 15% of new recruits be ethnic minorities. I believe that's the percentage of British population being ethnic minorities. Maybe we'll have head dresses for the women like in the police.
Diversity for all whether you actually want or need it or not.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #344165

CosmicScientist wrote:Hey at least it's not the 1960s when the conservatives said "Vote Labour if you want a nigger to be your neighbour" as a campaign slogan. Race and nationality is a very queer area of politics.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #344166

So you saying black lives dont matter?

Its a war of opinion, if Johnny government can convince General Populace that the resistance is Not Cool then they'd have an easier time. If NRAmelia can convince General Populace the government is a fascist authoritarian shitbag they will set stuff on fire and generally cause problems for Private Public, who Didn't Sign Up For This.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #344167

1964 election was something else
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #344173

An easier way to get guns from people is to give them a money for every gunny
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #344174

lol does shadowdimentio relly believe porpaganda doesnt work
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #344175

i can see you turtle, even if you're a guest
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #344182

captain sawrge wrote:lol does shadowdimentio relly believe porpaganda doesnt work
The question is not whether or not propaganda works
The question is which propaganda works better

If it ever comes to a civil war in the US, the US government has lost. No doubts about it whatsoever
1. Russia already said it would support revolutions/secessions in the US with special forces to train insurgents and material
2. A large amount of the US army is conservative and in favour of guns being available
3. A whole lot of retired US army is living rural and in favour of guns
4. The parts that would revolt are the rural parts. A shitload of land with a lot of people who are self-sufficient. Meanwhile the cities get fucked because the only way to reliably get food to them is by boat or air
5. The army is expensive, using the army is expensive. A revolt will seriously fuck up the US tax base and will send the government into debt that they won't be able to reasonably get out of if they try to fight it off

These reasons are why you will at best see a skirmish with a 'backwoods cult' or a 'protest gone violent', but never any towns taken over or full army deployments. The second a situation goes from an 'isolated incident' to 'rebellion' is the moment where the US gov loses. Even if they manage to somehow fight off everyone, they're still financially fucked. And finance appears to be all that matters to most politicians
Last edited by XSI on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #344183

Also, those rural areas are the ones that make all of the food. An army marches on its stomach and if you can't grow the food to feed them you're either stuck pilliaging your own country's farmland (wew), buying from outside (more than you already do), or starving literally everyone involved in some sort of Sherman-like slash and burn through middle America.

The costs of legitimately fighting a civil war in America would be disastrous for everyone involved but especially for the federal government.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #344186

The only way you'd get people to give up their guns is to convince them they don't need them.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #344193

The whole article was a from a scaremonger. There are people who want you to believe that the government is collapsing, out to get you ect so they can cash in on your paranoia.

Side note I'm leaving Vegas tomorrow, incidents like what happened in Vegas constantly make me look at humanity and see nothing but bleakness. I'm constantly disappointed with the world, there are some nice things like video games and some of the nice sights and occasionally a nice person .. in general my I'm not too happy about how other people treat each other, the state of affairs of humanity and some memories I'd like to scrub out of my mind with bleach.

IDK I'll just roll with the punches, keep my chin up and maybe things will be better in the future. I mean other than death. Death is terrifying.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #344194

CosmicScientist wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:Hey at least it's not the 1960s when the conservatives said "Vote Labour if you want a nigger to be your neighbour" as a campaign slogan. Race and nationality is a very queer area of politics.
https://britishcontemporaryhistorydotco ... u-want.jpg
Well hush my mouth. Was it just the far right party of the day saying nigger?
Google tells me this:
The Conservatives were widely reported as using the slogan "if you want a nigger for a neighbour, vote Labour."[2] but Colin Jordan, a British Neo-Nazi and leader of the British Movement, claimed that members of his group had produced the initial slogan as well as spread the poster and sticker campaign; Jordan's group in the past had also campaigned on other slogans, such as: "Don't vote - a vote for Tory, Labour or Liberal is a vote for more Blacks!". [3]Griffiths did not condemn the phrase and was quoted as saying "I should think that is a manifestation of popular feeling. I would not condemn anyone who said that."[4][5]

You know, I've always wondered if that bit about the Judean People's Front and the People's Front of Judea in The Life of Brian was a direct jibe at the National Front imploding in the 70s into dozens of splinter groups.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #344196

Bill Hicks nailed one aspect of this. Good news doesn't get ratings, and with national news broadcasts and the internet and other mass media, people these days are essentially bombarded with a relentless torrent of everything going wrong anywhere in the entire world all the time live as it happens with no breaks whatsoever. The human mind didn't evolve to grasp this kind of concept, the sheer in-your-face enormity of everything going wrong that nothing you can possibly do will change.

The world is a fucking huge place, and nice things happen too with the same regularity, it's just that reporting on the nice things doesn't see copy.

[youtube]tGjuPJskNRE[/youtube]
XSI

Post by XSI » #344199

If nice things happen, people smile and move along, thinking that's how it's supposed to be
If bad things happen, holy shit fix this now!
starmute

Post by starmute » #344204

XSI wrote:If nice things happen, people smile and move along, thinking that's how it's supposed to be
If bad things happen, holy shit fix this now!
Depends on how "nice" things are. We also take things that are bad for granted. They are "just the way things are".

Example "Why is country X such a shithole"
"Its their problem, not ours, its just the way things are"

I'm not saying we could fix it. Just saying... it is what it is. Very little of what we do as individuals matters. That being said I'll be the best I can be regardless or in spite of everything.

Most of us are numb to other people's suffering. I'm sure there are also people starving on the street somewhere or struggling to survive yet thats not important as far as the news goes either.

Also it takes only one person to fuck up everything. I'm sure people had planned fun activities and fun things after the concert in Vegas. Some of them could have gone on to do some amazing things. It took only one person to fuck it up. Its like when you have someone coming into your workplace and taking a axe to all your hard work. It only takes one person to destroy what many people take lifetimes to create.

Unfortunately "that's just the way things are".
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #344629

[youtube]ETR9qrVS17g[/youtube]

look @ the comments.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #344733

>pretending that redlining is a problem now because it was in the past when its been illegal for decades and is actively enforced against in every state

wew that was dumb
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #344735

Redline was a badass movie
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #344753

And he didn't even mention that negros lower property values.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #344761

I mean, I guess it bugs me more because that's my day job. I work with Fair Housing cases every day. Redlining is specifically banned under the act and has been since its inception. This includes policies that don't specifically state an intent to redline but also those that just do it anyway. The program in the YT video was pretty unhelpful since it, like you said, it doesn't really do anything to resolve the problem it thinks it found. There are dozens of reasons that income levels are divided and dozens more reasons that people of all stripes are denied housing. Most of it has nothing to do with income and everything to do with markets. My local market is awful and its leading landlords down the path of cramming their leases with all sorts of unconscionable bullshit in an effort to see what sticks.
starmute

Post by starmute » #344782

CosmicScientist wrote:So, uh, didn't expect to see this.
BBC: "Why are donkeys facing their 'biggest ever crisis'?"/Dat Chinese neo colonialism is killing donkeys
The world's donkeys are facing a population crisis because of the huge demand for their skins in China, where they are used to make health foods and traditional medicine.
"I woke up one morning and Carlos was missing. I looked around the area, and then found him dead, his skin had been removed,"
  • 1.8m skins are traded every year - according to estimates from UK-based charity The Donkey Sanctuary - but the demand is as high as 10m
  • China's donkey population dropped from 11m in 1990 to 3m today, based on government data
  • Ejiao, the gelatine produced by boiling donkey skins, can sell for up to $388 (£300) per kilo
  • Uganda, Tanzania, Botswana, Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali, and Senegal have banned donkey exports to China
Chinese buyers monitor the process - making sure everything is properly packed and prepared.
"We are talking about donkeys being starved to death to make it easier to skin them, or bludgeoned to death."
They are being killed on a dramatic scale across the continent - and places further afield like Brazil and Peru.
Many thousands of people trapped by terrible drought have been forced to sell their only assets, while others have lost their donkeys to thieves and can no longer afford to buy another animal.
Put down your clear air bottling plants! Saddle up! Donkey farms are the hot new product for China!

>trending towards extincting yet another native animal
>yet another health product
>this is land based shark fin soup because the meat doesn't matter
>animal abuse is a part of the process, not a side effect
>unfortunates are being encouraged to steal what are the literal work horses donkeys of undeveloped countries to make ends meet

This story is a wet dream for a Victoria 2 player.

My friend told me that corgi skins are worth a bunch of money in SS13. HIS friend is creating a puppy mill and selling the skins to earn sweet credits.

See what goofcode has wrought?
starmute

Post by starmute » #344787

CosmicScientist wrote:Ye- yeah it was t- totally goof who put corgi skins as a butcher i- item.
the sprite was in the code already, I'm a victim of the system!
the worst parts are that I made it the only method to get a cosmetic and to have no other purpose
Spoiler:
I knew it was you but always bet on duke/blame goof

Edit edit.

Can anyone suggest a comic like rat queens? I recently got into it but there is sparce amounts of reading material.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #344830

california.jpg
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
XSI

Post by XSI » #344834

I sure hope they test
But that said that's pretty retarded. Knowingly trying to give people aids is like knowingly trying to bust their kneecaps

It's a pretty big deal
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #344851

starmute wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:Ye- yeah it was t- totally goof who put corgi skins as a butcher i- item.
the sprite was in the code already, I'm a victim of the system!
the worst parts are that I made it the only method to get a cosmetic and to have no other purpose
Spoiler:
I knew it was you but always bet on duke/blame goof

Edit edit.

Can anyone suggest a comic like rat queens? I recently got into it but there is sparce amounts of reading material.
And people say Lifeweb is fucked up
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #344859

In lifeweb it would have been possible to fuck the corgi while butchering it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #344873

https://twitter.com/GoodBoy_Hans/status ... 20/video/1

:slow clap:

Good work commie news network
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #344876

lntigracy wrote:
california.jpg
source or gtfo

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #344878

okay yeah
this is kinda poorly thought out
like, i get what they wanted to do
but they didn't really thin about this, did they

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #344970

Takeguru wrote:https://twitter.com/GoodBoy_Hans/status ... 20/video/1

:slow clap:

Good work commie news network
Already protected. What did I miss?
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #344979

bumpbump.png
bumpbump.png (135.83 KiB) Viewed 11779 times
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
XSI

Post by XSI » #344990

It's like they gave up and accepted being fake news
"It's what the people expect, we may as well give it to them"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #344993

failing to do the research =! fake news

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #344994

It's definitely fake news if they didn't bother to research or double check

Maybe not intentionally, but it's definitely not legitimate news
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #344995

news that is incorrect =! fake news

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #345230

Fucking truth bombs.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345418

CosmicScientist wrote: Sooo this vid and thinking back on some national/personal experiences... what's up with Murica? Is this what happens when you poison your sea with tea?

To be on topic though, I'm yet to hear toxic masculinity outside Murican internet or Murican jokes. I'm still crossing my fingers people don't say it unironically as a problem to be solved since I don't venture towards gender politics on the web.
Its an academia problem. We get stories from your side of the pond as well. The last couple years, at least, have had a few social justice flavored dustups at Oxford (the exclusion of white students from a public campus meeting by its student "diversity" advocate comes to mind off hand.) Essentially, professors in large amounts live in tenure enforced leftist echochambers and use their courses as a bully pulpit to preach "resistance" and social justice dogma until the students get embroiled into it and come out of their first year or so with a motivation to either be (or LARP as) communists/issue of the week "activists"/etc. I suppose the professors long for their glory days of protesting Nixon in the same way I pine for days of neon past. The difference is I don't go around demanding that everything that isn't neon be torn down in the process.

The above is combined with a lot of rhetoric we're hearing out of the campuses now conflating speech with violence. The laws in most states protect an act of violence against another done in self defense or in defense of another subject to imminent violence, but legally those states don't protect you from mean or contrary words in the same way. The campuses have turned this into a sort of topsy-turvey. If you say something I don't like or that I believe is politically harmful to somebody or some group, then I can attack you to protect myself from your "violent" speech. That has, in turn, created the artifact known widely as "hate speech." Here in the states, we have no definition for this because its not really a thing. The law is generally silent on it because we have the in-built protections against improper policing of speech. Professors and students, however, are not shy about defining things however best suits the need. I believe your country has actually started defining and policing that sort of thing (to my great amusement at pissing off their official twitter accounts.)

Another, similar issue is the modern concept of "intersectionality." That is, we must weigh each type of oppression experienced by each group who may or may not be oppressed and stack them into a sort of web or totem pole of most to least oppressed and then view the world through that criterion to some end. The end isn't always clear but it usually comes down to "blame whitey" in the States.

tl:dr College is a huge mistake. Send your kid to a trade school.