Library-Style Paperwork Database!

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Library-Style Paperwork Database!

Post by Valorium » #609152

Howdy folks!

Are you tired of having to rewrite or copy-paste your documents, contracts or otherwise every time you sign up as Curator, Lawyer or the Head of Personnel? Are you lacking ideas or motivation when trying to come up with the legalese for a new document on the spot? Do you wish it could be easier?

Introducing the You-Rite Documentation Database, and its accompanying printer and copier!

The concept is relatively simple; a new machine would be added to the game called the document printer, which would use a similar system to our current book/library database. Individuals can submit documents into certain categories - waivers, contracts, permission slips, character sheets for tabletop games, receipts, recipes, and so on - and print out copies of them similar to a photocopier or book computer. These documents are then submitted to the database and can be saved for later rounds, and used by other people. These machines would be placed in certain spaces on-station roundstart, such as the Law Office, Head of Personnel's Office, Corporate Boardroom and the Library behind the Curator's desk or in their study. No longer will any paperwork HoP or enterprising Lawyer be forced to spend the first 15 minutes of the shift sitting in their office chair retyping documents into the paperwork interface - now you can spend that time actually using the documents!

What think?
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Library-Style Paperwork Database!

Post by Stickymayhem » #609158

As a notorious paperwork HoP I don't think making the ability to literally melt Terry player's brains with blind fury zero effort is a good idea
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #609183

Part of me wonders why haven't we just put pre-made forms and sheets in those places to begin with
I remade the beach away mission
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #609223

yeah HoPs shouldn't be holding access changes hostage to satisfy their own ocd
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #609228

The worst thing about the ID changes is that people don't go to the HoP office as much anymore so I can't force them to fill out 3 separate forms then reject them for not having the CE's stamp
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #609234

that sounds thoroughly cancerous and maybe you should get jobbanned
NSFW:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #609237

cacogen wrote:that sounds thoroughly cancerous and maybe you should get jobbanned
If you're spending all this overtime money having your carer read and type posts on the forums why not hire them for filling out your forms too
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #609239

i wouldn't involve donna in this dirty business
NSFW:

Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #609297

So uh...any insight on the idea itself? Even outside of the Head of Personnel's purview, there's still a few roles that use paperwork extensively or can use paperwork extensively (Curator, Lawyer, Warden even) which would benefit from the database.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #609352

I hate that they replaced the public request console with departmental request consoles cuz no one gives me their requisition forms to stamp and file anymore