Antag Yes/No Presets

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Antag Yes/No Presets

Post by Pandarsenic » #606414

The rough idea:
Allow saving some number of cross-round presets for which antags you have on or off, kind of like job priorities??? Except not. Just a quick list of what's yes or what's no for you, and you can use those presets you made instead of having to toggle by hand.

But why:
This allows you to quickly turn on and off antags your own choosing based on your moods. I, for example, sometimes am not in the mood for running a conversion antag (cult, rev) or a stationside antag (i.e. not wizard or operative). Sometimes I may not be in the mood for any antag rolling. This would allow me to more easily defer these roles to someone who will use them better.

And changing these during lobby is slow as balls because you have to click every single one individually.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Time-Green
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Time-Green

Re: Antag Yes/No Presets

Post by Time-Green » #607240

10000% times this
Antag is an emotional roller coaster I am rarely ever ready for when I just want to play a quick round as a doctor and heal people. Having to constantly turn everything on and off depending on how I feel is just exhausting. A Yes/No button right under Ready/Unready would be perfect

Yes I've tried to code it before but preference code is a nightmare that I didnt want to contribute to
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #607249

A Yes/No button right under Ready/Unready would be perfect
I think Skyrat has a "Be antag" thing on their main menu to do this, pretty neat.

A "disable all" button is already planned for when new preferences menu reaches parity, by the way, but I think the "be antag" button is better.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #607270

I would love being able to leave, for the obvious example, nuke ops and wizard always on, but a general toggle is definitely a good start.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #607304

What about a button that you can toggle that prioritizes job selection over antag status?

I ran into a few incidents where I wanted to be a job like cyborg or clown but clown was taken and cyborg isnt able to be a traitor round start so it forced me to be something entirely random that I didnt even have enabled.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #610739

An "Oh shit I didn't mean it" button to immediately cast your antag status away to someone else with that antag's settings on, that only works in the first like 60 seconds after becoming antag, could also be cool

(No luck for group antags though maybe)
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #610743

somewhat in the same vein, I wish I could select jobs that wouldn't be antag for me if I got them
but I imagine that'd be significantly more difficult and a mess of a GUI.

Back when I had tator on, I didn't want to get it on something like botanist if I felt like playing that for whatever reason, but MD traitor is one of my more enjoyed positions
then again you can always ahelp to get it removed I suppose
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #610744

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:somewhat in the same vein, I wish I could select jobs that wouldn't be antag for me if I got them
but I imagine that'd be significantly more difficult and a mess of a GUI.

Back when I had tator on, I didn't want to get it on something like botanist if I felt like playing that for whatever reason, but MD traitor is one of my more enjoyed positions
then again you can always ahelp to get it removed I suppose
I definitely feel that with Chef vs. Virologist and stuff

In that case, the "j/k please no antag" button works better than the quick prefs, I suppose, since assigning unique antag prefs to every job would be... a lot.