Persistent Traitors & Smugglers (theif revamp)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Persistent Traitors & Smugglers (theif revamp)

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #636145

A alternative to biddle-traitors (progtraitors its called? Im unsure) round ending scaling issues. Mainly inspired by techniques of smuggler satchels to move objects between rounds and compliment a lot of traitor gimmicks.

Smugglers

Maybe not exactly like a glamorous Han Solo, smugglers get goods off the station and towards enemies of Nanotransen as a suitable replacement for theives who do the same thing for their own benefit, but are hampered by the non-impactfulness of their own role and propensity to get killed handling their goods before its off station.

► Show Spoiler
Traitor Persistency

Persistent Traitors are new variant, that utilize the stash that has been put aside, but are given half the normal TC capacity if they do to improvise with as a compromise with. If they had no prior smuggling experience, they are given the full and treated normally as round instanced traitors.
Thanks and dont forget to comment WYCI

Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Persistent Traitors & Smugglers (theif revamp)

Post by Nabski » #636149

Fuck you for writing up something about smugglers before me.
My entire thought on it was just two objectives every time, in a random order.
1. Go to LOCATION and retrieve a smugglers satchel.
2. Go to LOCATION and place a smugglers satchel containing ITEM, which would typically be 2 items out of fivish from a list of foods/drinks/chemicals/organs/slimecolors. Stuff you can get mostly just by asking the person working that job.

The goal would be to encourage people breaking and entering to niche locations and asking people for stuff. Maybe there's a 5% chance of becoming a true traitor on completing your second objective so people actually want to do it.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #636150

Nabski wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:22 pm
My entire thought on it was just two objectives every time, in a random order.
1. Go to LOCATION and retrieve a smugglers satchel.
2. Go to LOCATION and place a smugglers satchel containing ITEM, which would typically be 2 items out of fivish from a list of foods/drinks/chemicals/organs/slimecolors. Stuff you can get mostly just by asking the person working that job.

The goal would be to encourage people breaking and entering to niche locations and asking people for stuff.
The original draft included using the smuggler satchel as the "Stash" item so you have to blag your way onto the shuttle with more than one piece of contraband to carry it to your traitor round, but i wanted to give them some optional weight in round with being able to invest and deploy their stash in the present.

Think for yours the stakes are still too low, and you end up in the theif territory already (going into departments and taking thing the map may not even have, so waiting outside cargo) where the round impact is basically non-existant, it doesnt do anything approaching normal behaviour and you'll get valided for openly lifting floors.

Do you have anything to actually say about the sugg besides your own side note?

Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #636157

Nah I just felt like my take should be added in ADDITION to thieves until we have like 4-5 of these mini-tags where you have an objective and a purpose to maybe instigate conflict but it's also such low value that if you don't want to act on it it won't really impact the round.

I like your idea about expanding the black market through in game mechanics, it's a fun feature that doesn't really see love (and I completely forgot about it).
Stashes were historically powergamed, but maybe this time they won't be?