Pulls
Byond Username: Ironcorvus

[Thunder12345] Ironcorvus - sec job ban

Post by Pulls » #654358

BYOND account: Ironcorvus
Character name: Pulls the trigger
Ban type: security roles ban
Ban length: 1 week
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Head of Security, security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer for 1 week - As a security officer, opened fire on an engineer they had no prior interaction with using a disabler. When the engineer defended themselves by slipping them and deep frying the gun they used, started lasering them. Was evasive in tickets and spent 45 minutes being unable to explain their actions. Please explain on the forums instead if you feel you have a good explanation for your actions.
Time ban was placed:2022-10-19 19:33:47 || | Thunder12345 | 399h Living Playtime
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 192661
Your side of the story:

I have not killed Ritchard Stallman for no reason.

First he interrupted arrest and then resisted arrest for said interrupting arrest ( non lethal, he hid behind a water tank i think i hit him with disabler but i definitely hit the tank a lot) After that i chased him to the cafeteria where i killed him.(I was out of disabler batery, had a rifle, had enough of his shit. The station was a mess i had 2 more people to catch.)

My actions were wholly justified. I am not a punching bag for anyone, neither assistants nor engineers nor banana throwing wanted targets.

I main security, i only act when acted upon first or when i see a clear violation of the law such as interrupting arrest, resisting arrest, fiddling with doors you are not supposed to have access to.

The ban was applied after this was all explained to Thunder12345 but she banned me anyway because stallman complained?

Look, this is wholly unfair. Ritchard wasn't inocent. Assault and sabotage of security doing their job are both major violations. I also dont understand why admin claims no disabler hits on stallman, i was trying to down him by a water tank in the hall before. I think i hit him with the disabler then. I definitely hit the tank he was hiding behind.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I didnt do anything wrong. I may have confused stallman for another engineer because Thunder12345 said i did but i dont think so. All this questioning made me fuzzy, im maining sec because i like the crew and want to help them instead of trying to grief them. Thats the main reason why i still play this.

Finally i chose to main sec because the game is already too chaotic and i would prefer to play a role that helps the crew instead of hurt them. Ive been playing this game i think about half a year now semi regularly. Ive always been nice, even cordial so this interpretation of my character as i was supposed to be unfair is totaly out of the regular. I also bothered to appeal the ban because i authentically enjoy the game, and like the regular crew. If i was some griefer i wouldnt bother appealing bans.

Explain what happened in your own words.

I think this 40 minute interrogation in the middle of the round in which i couldn't recollect every single thing of the 20+ things that happened that round with me in exact order is totally normal as im inocent and trying to talk to the admin and still play the round is exactly what you would expect from me but apparently even tho i eventually recollected that particular conclusion to that particular fight i get banned anyway. I dont know if she likes Stallman or doesnt like me but i dont think the ban was applied with objectivity in mind.

PS: I chose to main sec because the game is already too chaotic and i would prefer to play a role that helps the crew instead of hurt them. Ive been playing this game i think about half a year now semi regularly. Ive always been nice, even cordial so this interpretation of my character as i was supposed to be unfair is totaly out of the regular. I also bothered to appeal the ban because i authentically enjoy the game, and like the regular crew. If i was some griefer i wouldnt bother appealing bans. [/b]

References of good conduct: 399 hours maining sec without a major hitch. Im not a griefer. I think i was wholy justified here.

Sorry if i filled this form wrong, its a lot of stuff to write down. Im appealing a short one week ban not just because its unfair but because i want my record to be clean because i wanna continue playing on terry indefinitely and also i have nothing personal against Ritchard Stallman, its just that this round he pushed me and interrupted arrest and then a non lethal takedown for said interruption. Also he blew me up with a bomb immediately after he was respawned by Thunder12345 whos ban is excessive to say the least.
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Re: [Pulls the trigger] Ironcorvus - sec job ban

Post by technokek » #654363

I am the player that played Richard Stallman.

You accuse me of
Assault and sabotage of security doing their job are both major violations
, do you have any logs or proof of this as i dont remember any of this happening?

I just remember you running into engineering trying to disabler someone and missing every shot. You then proceed to keep slipping and me and 2 other people proceed to make fun of you by pointing at you and slapping/circlehanding you.
Also he blew me up with a bomb immediately after he was respawned by Thunder12345
This is untrue, i was ghouled by a heretic and revived unless Thunder planted the heretic at round start and orchestrated this whole thing.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #654364

I feel like it's relevant to this appeal that Ironcorvus started as an Assistant on the next round and asked for a job change to Security explicitly to circumvent this ban.

AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: [Thunder12345] Ironcorvus - sec job ban

Post by san7890 » #654365

I have amended the original post to include the banning admin's name in the title of this thread, instead of what appears to be the name of the player's static.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #654371

Apologies if these aren't in the proper formatting, but here are some relevant logs of the conflict that I think paint this in a very different light.

The conflict doesn't begin with Pulls trying to arrest Richard. It looks like it begins by Pulls trying to investigate a heretic rune in engi maints:
Spoiler:
He enters some conflict with Owen, at which point he slips on a banana peel trying to arrest an engineer - Tungsten IX - who had picked up his disabler and used it against him:
Spoiler:
At this point he engages Tungsten IX, and another player Not Moth joins in against Pulls:
Spoiler:
He's now trying to arrest what I can only glean to be at least two players, and not succeeding as can be seen by the "slips on banana peels" followed by getting his disabler shot at him. More players join in this conflict against Pulls, but Richard hasn't surfaced in the logs yet.

Pulls' first disabler shot fired at Richard happens after Richard shakes up a couple players who Pulls had been engaging against:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if this was his reason for trying to arrest Richard - perhaps it was Richard's thrown banana in the logs, his confession of being a heretic, or just his association with the others. Either way, Pulls is now engaging Richard in a nonlethal arrest for what he believes to be interfering with an arrest. What then occurs is as follows: Richard slips him with a banana peel and shovestuns him, throwing his egun to the chef. Richard asks the chef to deepfry it (and indeed he does), then Pulls takes out his lasergun and lethals Richard.
Spoiler:
Once Richard is crit, Pulls tries to hit him with his deepfried egun (for good measure), then immediately tries to nonlethally detain Not Moth, a person that had been tiding him earlier and was present for most of the conflict. This means he was not only dealing with Richard throughout this, but was engaged by multiple people at once (as is confirmed by the logs of him getting mobbed earlier also).
Spoiler:
Additionally, Richard confessed to being the owner of the heretic rune Pulls was investigating, although Technokek claims he knew this to be a joke:
Spoiler:
So, the tl;dr as far as I can glean: Pulls got tided for around 15-20 minutes by multiple players, only using nonlethals the entire time. Eventually Richard joins in this mob, whether overtly or through association, and Pulls begins to try to arrest Richard nonlethally. After getting his nonlethal option deepfried by Richard, and after having been tided by multiple people for 15~ minutes, he decides to use his lasergun to lethal the person that had just gotten his egun deepfried. It doesn't help that Richard also claimed he was a heretic.

[Logs taken from https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/192 ... e=game.txt and https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/192 ... attack.txt]
technokek

Post by technokek » #654377

Me joking about being a heretic when i found Ironcorvus welding into a wall a in Maint and discovered there was a heretic rune behind it.
► Show Spoiler
this happened after Ironcorvus had already walked into the room and not how sinfull is suggesting "discovered me inside a room and me confessing"
► Show Spoiler
You can see by the coordinates that i was outside the room the whole time and just found Ironcorvus welding into somewhere that had a heretic rune in there. I proceeded to walk inside and mess around on top of the rune and walked away, Ironcorvus not caring and leaving before me. So not actually believing i was the heretic.

This is further proven by
► Show Spoiler

After Ironcorvus followed me into the bar and lasered me to near death i was pulled into the kitchen backroom where Ironcorvus followed me shortly after and attacked me with a welding tool for some reason then shoving me and leaving.
► Show Spoiler

Also for the "interference in the arrest" by Ironcorvus of

Zemsta/(Antoni Macierewicz)
Actually some random guy that was flashed by a borg
► Show Spoiler
MediaNocheUwU/(Derek Bowchiew)
Actually some random that slipped on a banana
► Show Spoiler
Neither of these 2 where actually the person he was chasing

logs from https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/192661
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #654385

technokek wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:19 am Me confessing to being a heretic was when i found Ironcorvus welding into a wall a in Maint and discovered there was a heretic rune behind it.
this happened after Ironcorvus had already walked into the room and not how sinfull is suggesting "discovered me inside a room and me confessing"
I never suggested he discovered you. I stated you confessed to being a heretic, which you did.
technokek wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:19 amYou can see by the coordinates that i was outside the room the whole time and just found Ironcorvus welding into somewhere that had a heretic rune in there. I proceeded to walk inside and mess around on top of the rune and walked away, Ironcorvus not caring and leaving before me. So not actually believing i was the heretic.
Pretending to be an antagonist is acting like an antagonist - and security can, at the very least, search you for this, whether they believe you or not:
Rule 4 wrote:Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.
You are right about the shaking logs. Those were all I found in attack logs before Pulls began pursuing you, so I pasted them for context. It's more likely he tried to arrest you due to his belief you were associated with the people tiding him. But whether he was correct or not about this is irrelevant since he had adequate justification to arrest you via Rule 4.
technokek

Post by technokek » #654391

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:38 am But whether he was correct or not about this is irrelevant since he had adequate justification to arrest you via Rule 4.
You are just making reaching for anything trying to justify his actions.
Pulls wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:36 pm First he interrupted arrest and then resisted arrest for said interrupting arrest ( non lethal, he hid behind a water tank i think i hit him with disabler but i definitely hit the tank a lot) After that i chased him to the cafeteria where i killed him.(I was out of disabler batery, had a rifle, had enough of his shit. The station was a mess i had 2 more people to catch.)
He clearly says he arrested me for interrupting and arrest which you fail to show any proof of. You are literally just grasping for straws how he might be justified in all of this. I also specifically mentioned the situation to Thunder.

Ironcorvus states himself he tried to arrested me for some grand sabotage and helping people he was arresting. This didn't happen.

The problem was he never tried to arrest me. He just wanted to kill me but failed horrible at doing do. He had ample opportunity to arrest me when he magdumped me in the kitchen or afterwards when he proceeded to welder me and shove me, I didn't move or fight back in either situation. You are still pretending this was a arrest for something.

He just wanted to fuck me up. Because he felt bullied by other people.
Pulls

Post by Pulls » #654392

You did interfere with arrest, now by being mobbed by 2 people doesnt exactly absolve you that you didnt do the real pushing and showing and tackling to the floor. Later you resisted arrest, to which you admitted, stole a weapon, to which admitted and lied to the admin that you did nothing as if i just approached you for no reason in the cafeteria and shot lethals at you when in reality i was pursuing you for resisting arrest and then escaping from me with one of my weapons which is also resisting arrest. And you told in public chat yesterday that this all means you didnt resist arrest. And the only two ways you could have gotten my weapon is by 1 pushing me or 2 putting banana peels to make me trip so you were acting hostile and it wasnt the first time.

I also dont think this
"As a security officer, opened fire on an engineer they had no prior interaction with using a disabler.
and this
"Pulls' first disabler shot fired at Richard happens after Richard shakes up a couple players who Pulls had been engaging against:"
Makes any sense on admins part. and shows the ban reason is nonsense.

I was trying to nonlethal everyone who wasnt an openly hostile tot. Throwing banana peels and trying to throw me down isnt compliance, its resisting arrest. Running away from an arrest isnt compliance, its resisting arreeeest Stallman ran away from me trying to arrest him, not kill him, at which point i switched to lethals and shot him immediately when on screen as i was entering cafeteria as he was apparently deepfrying a stolen laser gun, when the cook put the deepfried gun on the table stallman already ate a whole batery and was dead. So i picked the fried gun and hit him with it and went to recharge/find and arreest the moth if possible/find the wanted target and arrest him too.

Nor does this make sense "Was evasive in tickets and spent 45 minutes being unable to explain their actions."
1) 45 minutes trying to explain to someone who didnt exactly tell me from the get go its about Stallman (i thaught its about the moth whom i killed allong with some blue suit (hop i think), moth was resisting stuns and attempted cuffings was the other person than stallman mobbing me as i was chasing wanted target, they also tided other sec officers that round before) does not qualify as being evasive or being unable to explain their actions. Just because admin couldnt piece the situation together, doesnt mean it wasnt explained to the accuracy you can expect someone whos dealing with 20+ happenings that round 5 of them currently as they are speaking to the admin.

Since when trying to play and talk to the admin while being exploded by someone wearing engineering colors(presumably stallman respawned, yelling "fuck you lizzard" before exploding) whom i couldnt adress in the game because i was writing to the admin (i was immobile and unresponsive because i was trying to explain) is being evasive? If anything talking with the admin for 45 minutes straight after being bwoinked for no reason is the exact opposite of being evasive about it.
Pulls

Post by Pulls » #654393

your crimes were in order- interfering with arrest, (you and the moth, arguably also assault on an officer)
resisting arrest by avoiding taser laser (arrest for prior interference with arrest)
stealing a gun and running away. (resisting arrest, theft, trying to trip/tackle the officer down to make him drop the aforementioned gun which is assault on an officer)

And then lying to the admin pretending you are innocent.
Pulls

Post by Pulls » #654395

sabotage is sabotage, whether you decompress the station on purpose or trip an engineer trying to fix it or blow up the cafeteria or trip or mob a guard trying to chase a wanted mark.

You played stupid games and won stupid prizes and you were salty so you lied to admin that pulls the trigger lethaled you in cafeteria for no reason. Apparently the deepfried laser rifle nor the existant non lethal attempt to take you down didn't clue the admin to what actually happened although im starting to suspect nepotism.

Sinful already proven your story wrong and more importantly the admins story wrong.
Pulls

Post by Pulls » #654396

"After Ironcorvus followed me into the bar and lasered me to near death."

No. After which you tided me with the moth as i was chasing a wanted guy, after that resisted arrest and then stole a gun and ran away and then i shot you in the cafeteria smacked you with the laser rifle you stole and deepfried as you were dead already and threw you onto the counter. Then i left to deal with the moth/wanted escape.
Pulls

Post by Pulls » #654397

Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:32 pm I feel like it's relevant to this appeal that Ironcorvus started as an Assistant on the next round and asked for a job change to Security explicitly to circumvent this ban.

Yes and if you gave me a fine to pay i wouldn't pay it because you are not justified in your ban. Infact i am morally obligated to protest and not care about your job ban because
its based on false pretense and at least shoddy admin work in spite my best intentions to clear this up.

Your case against me would be thrown out out of every court.
technokek

Post by technokek » #654399

Pulls wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:58 am "After Ironcorvus followed me into the bar and lasered me to near death."

No. After which you tided me with the moth as i was chasing a wanted guy, after that resisted arrest and then stole a gun and ran away and then i shot you in the cafeteria smacked you with the laser rifle you stole and deepfried as you were dead already and threw you onto the counter. Then i left to deal with the moth/wanted escape.
you keep saying i assaulted you and tided you yet there are no logs of this.

(i also didnt even die)

and you came back later just to hit me with a welder again
Pulls wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:53 am im starting to suspect nepotism.
for the record. i am not related to thunder
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #654445

Full ticket log:
► Show Spoiler
Breaking this response down into sections to try and give it some form of structure and limit the suffering to everyone who has to read this later.

Part I: The Logs

Sinfulbliss has already posted a breakdown of some of the logs involved, however I'm going to repeat that here to cover parts of the incident more thoroughly, and also include the locations which they omitted. I will do my best to correctly colour code attack logs following the convention used by the in-game attack logs available during the round (Actions taken by the POV individual in red, actions against the POV in orange).

The full attack log of Ironcorvus for the duration of the prior engagement, which to the best of my knowledge is the incident they are referring to as where Richard Stallman was interfering with their arrest:
► Show Spoiler
Note that Richard does not appear at any point as taking any combat related actions towards Ironcorvus during this engagement.

Looking at both attack and game logs from Richard's perspective:
► Show Spoiler
Richard was indeed present for the engagement, but his involvement was limited to pointing and mockery. His only combat related log during this period is slipping on a banana peel.

Although it is impossible to perfectly identify the source of this peel, it is most likely the peel thrown by one of the combatants a few seconds previously:
► Show Spoiler
Before we reach the main incident, I will show some logs here of every time Ironcorvus was breaking metal foam during the round, which will become relevant later:
► Show Spoiler
Moving on from here to the main incident in question a couple of minutes later, first from the perspective of Ironcorvus:
► Show Spoiler
Note that the only aggressive action taken by Richard against Ironcorvus here is to slip them with a banana peel and shove them. Based on surrounding context this is the point at which he acquires the gun that was later deep fried.

Looking at this same time period from Richard's perspective:
► Show Spoiler
From this perspective we see that he threw several banana peels at Ironcorvus after they started shooting. He is also seen throwing an energy gun after slipping Ironcorvus, again this appears to be the deep fried gun.

Looking at Richard's game log from the time around when he threw the gun:
► Show Spoiler
He tells the person in the kitchen to fry the gun. The screams line up with times where Richard was being shot, and are automated emotes related to those hits.

Looking at Ironcorvus' game log from the same time period shows no logged messages in that period, and no suggestion they communicated in the moments leading up to the engangement with Richard. That rounds out the relevant logs from the incident in question, there was a brief further engagement between the two where Ironcorvus welded Richard a few times, but that was not part of the original investigation and has no bearing on the resulting ban.

Part II: The Ticket

Here I will break down the contents of the ticket posted in full at the beginning of this post, and relate key statements made there to the logs above. A lot will be skipped over as the discussion became somewhat circular in places and it is not necessary to retread the same ground multiple times once again in this response.
► Show Spoiler
As was shown in the logs above, during the first engagement Richard did not take any action beyond following along and mocking, nothing that constitutes interfering with their arrest.
► Show Spoiler
The two claims made in this segment are A: Richard pushed them and made them lose hold of a prisoner, and B: he was being hit by disabler fire while they were chasing and shooting someone else. Once again, based on the logs above, there is nothing to support either of these claims as A: Richard did not push Ironcorvus until they were specifically going after him, and B: he was the target of that disabler fire and not a third party caught in the crossfire.
► Show Spoiler
They subsequently could not say who this wanted person they were shooting at instead of Richard was.
► Show Spoiler
By this point in the ticket I am getting a distinct impression that I am being misled. They claim to only have fired one shot, possibly by accident, which is quite clearly disproved from the logs. When directly confronted about their statements not being backed up by the logs, they once again repeat the claim that Richard was preventing them from arresting the unidentified wanted person.
► Show Spoiler
At this point I explicitly confront them with a selection of statements made and the ways in which they fail to align with the logs. It is at this point they claim to be confused about who we are talking about, whether or not Richard is the same person as the moth named Not Moth. This confusion is questionable, both because there was ample opportunity before now to query the exact identity of the person we were discussing, and because of their statement about using the wrong hand while breaking metal foam. Specifically, the only person they shot at after breaking some foam was Richard, which shows that they must have been referring to the engagement with Richard and not any other.
► Show Spoiler
Having resolved that apparent mistaken identity, we once again repeat the already debunked claim that Richard helped to interfere with an arrest by pushing Ironcorvus.
► Show Spoiler
Next they suggest they confused Richard with another engineer who was circle handing them during the first engagement with Not Moth et al. Relating back to the attack logs, that individual is found to be Ava Roze, shown in the manifest log to be an assistant (06:01:50 MANIFEST miczu555pl \ Ava Roze \ Assistant \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART). At the time this claim was made I checked on them, and their ID still showed them as an assistant, so there is no indication they were promoted to engineer during the round.

Most of the rest of the ticket is a circular argument of whether or not they shot at Richard, which doesn't introduce any further useful information.
► Show Spoiler
When I inform them that a security jobban is incoming, Ironcorvus' memory suddenly becomes a lot clearer on what happened, at least to the extent that they can give a very high level summary of the incident we had been discussing for 45 minutes. I inform that that regardless, I will be applying the ban and moving on as by now the round has ended and there is no reason to hold every other player hostage, and I ask them to explain further on the forum, bringing us up to the present time.

Part III: The Appeal

For this part, I will be looking at Ironcorvus' posts in this thread, and relating their statements made here back to the logs again, as well as to their statements in the ticket.
technokek wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:13 pm I have not killed Ritchard Stallman for no reason.
You did not kill him, this is not in dispute.
Pulls wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:36 pm First he interrupted arrest and then resisted arrest for said interrupting arrest ( non lethal, he hid behind a water tank i think i hit him with disabler but i definitely hit the tank a lot) After that i chased him to the cafeteria where i killed him.(I was out of disabler batery, had a rifle, had enough of his shit. The station was a mess i had 2 more people to catch.)
As demonstrated in the logs and discussed in the ticket, there was no time where he interfered with or interrupted your earlier arrests.
Pulls wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:36 pm The ban was applied after this was all explained to Thunder12345 but she banned me anyway because stallman complained?
The ban was applied after this because your contradictory explanations and lapses of memory dragged on for 45 minutes without ever presenting a version of events which convincingly tied up with the logs, and moving the venue to an appeal on the forum was the most appropriate course of action to allow the server to move on and the issue to be discussed at length.
Pulls wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:36 pm Look, this is wholly unfair. Ritchard wasn't inocent. Assault and sabotage of security doing their job are both major violations. I also dont understand why admin claims no disabler hits on stallman, i was trying to down him by a water tank in the hall before. I think i hit him with the disabler then. I definitely hit the tank he was hiding behind.
Once again there is nothing to support these charges in the logs, and nobody ever claimed he was never hit by disablers.
Pulls wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:36 pm I didnt do anything wrong. I may have confused stallman for another engineer because Thunder12345 said i did but i dont think so.
You did not confuse Richard for another engineer, as shown above the only people you claimed to have confused him with were an assistant and Not Moth, a mime (06:01:50 MANIFEST xackii \ Not Moth \ Mime \ NONE \ ROUNDSTART).
Pulls wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:41 am I also dont think this
"As a security officer, opened fire on an engineer they had no prior interaction with using a disabler.
and this
"Pulls' first disabler shot fired at Richard happens after Richard shakes up a couple players who Pulls had been engaging against:"
Makes any sense on admins part. and shows the ban reason is nonsense.
He did not interact with you in any meaningful way prior to you starting the engagement with him, he pointed at you and mocked you while you were trying to arrest someone else. The people he was shaking up were, as others have already brought up, completely unrelated to anything that was going on involving you.
Pulls wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:53 am You played stupid games and won stupid prizes and you were salty so you lied to admin that pulls the trigger lethaled you in cafeteria for no reason. Apparently the deepfried laser rifle nor the existant non lethal attempt to take you down didn't clue the admin to what actually happened although im starting to suspect nepotism.
Richard explicitly described in his initial adminhelp (Shown below, with the rest of the ticket snipped out as he is technically a third party to this appeal so I am limiting the amount of information shown to what is directly relevant) the steps of you disablering him seemingly out of nowhere, him taking your gun and having it fried, and you subsequently lasering him. This account ties up with the events as seen in the logs.
► Show Spoiler
Part IV: Conclusions

To finish off I'm going to sum up my take from all the evidence sifted through above, as briefly as possible.

Based on everything I have seen, I do not see any justification for attempting to arrest Richard. He was a curious bystander to the first incident who was making fun of you for having trouble arresting the people involved, which is not cause to arrest him.

As you initiated conflict with him without a justification to arrest him, it is entirely allowable for him to defend himself, and even when doing so he limited his actions to taking away the weapon you used against him and denying you the ability to continue to do so by frying it. He never made any effort to turn the gun he had obtained back on you, or otherwise shown any intent to do more than avoid being arrested. You cannot simply jump to lethal weapons because you are frustrated as a person you had no reason to arrest not coming quietly. Further, looking more closely at the attack logs where you were lasering him, his health stopped decreasing at 32.8 despite multiple further hits. This shows that you were hitting a limb which had reached its damage cap, and would have taken him down into hard crit had those shots done their full damage.

While I cannot definitively and without a doubt prove you were being untruthful in the ticket, the convenient timing of your recollections both after being confronted with the evidence of your misleading statements, and then when informed of the incoming jobban gives me reason to believe that is a possibility.

All in all, what we have here is a case of a security officer instigating conflict with a crewmember for making fun of them during a previous fight, and using lethal weapons in an attempt to crit that crewmember when they resist arrest. This is not the standard of behaviour we expect from security players. Based on what you've said about mostly playing security, I think you should see some benefit from spending time being exposed to roles on the other side of the coin from security. When you don't have that perspective of security from the outside, it is easy to fall into the mindset of thinking you're always right and the crew are always responsible for instigating problems.

Due to your questionably honest explanations, and lack of uunderstanding regarding why I take issue with your behaviour, I do not currently see any reason to remove or alter this ban.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #654451

There is one crucial piece of information that changes things I didn't learn about until Techno himself mentioned it, since it's not directly visible on the logs:
Thunder11 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:10 pmAs you initiated conflict with him without a justification to arrest him, it is entirely allowable for him to defend himself, and even when doing so he limited his actions to taking away the weapon you used against him and denying you the ability to continue to do so by frying it.

Richard deepfried the egun after it was already empty, and while the officer had a lethal lasergun on him anyway. This means two things:
1. The egun couldn't be used to arrest him anymore, and so deepfrying it was not out of self-defense as the ban mentions, but as a desire to get back at a seccie who he believed was unjustly arresting him.
2. The fact he had another lethal gun meant deepfrying his first nonlethal one accomplished nothing except to push him to use lethals.

Relevant headmin rulings:
Escalation Policy wrote:If an arrest is not obviously valid, it follows standard escalation. Resisting or retaliating against arrests without good reason may break Escalation Policy and be handled administratively. Non-antagonist players may lose any OOC and IC protections if they choose this path and should consider ahelping if they believe they did nothing to warrant being arrested.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #654460

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm There is one crucial piece of information that changes things I didn't learn about until Techno himself mentioned it, since it's not directly visible on the logs:

Thunder11 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:10 pm
As you initiated conflict with him without a justification to arrest him, it is entirely allowable for him to defend himself, and even when doing so he limited his actions to taking away the weapon you used against him and denying you the ability to continue to do so by frying it.

Richard deepfried the egun after it was already empty, and while the officer had a lethal lasergun on him anyway. This means two things:
1. The egun couldn't be used to arrest him anymore, and so deepfrying it was not out of self-defense as the ban mentions, but as a desire to get back at a seccie who he believed was unjustly arresting him.
2. The fact he had another lethal gun meant deepfrying his first nonlethal one accomplished nothing except to push him to use lethals.
The fact he deepfried the egun also meant he wasn't running away with it so he could recharge and use it against sec. The idea that because an officer loses the use of a non-lethal weapon means they are forced to instead use lethals is is completely invalid, there was nothing stopping them from disengaging, setting Richard to arrest, and picking him up some time in the future is they weren't able to detain him immediately.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm Relevant headmin rulings:

Escalation Policy wrote:
If an arrest is not obviously valid, it follows standard escalation. Resisting or retaliating against arrests without good reason may break Escalation Policy and be handled administratively. Non-antagonist players may lose any OOC and IC protections if they choose this path and should consider ahelping if they believe they did nothing to warrant being arrested.
I think it should be self-explanatory how it is not obviously valid to be arrested for following after a fight to point at an officer and mock them. As standard escalation applies, we would not expect a player to instigate a fight with a non-lethal weapon, be disarmed of that non-lethal weapon, and immediately attempt to crit the other party with a lethal weapon when they have not otherwise fought back beyond running away.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #654734

Hey Pulls, in case you aren't aware, you can request a headmin review in case you still believe Thunder's ruling is wrong.