Byond Username: Tamuren

[Naloac] Tamuren

Post by Tamuren » #656053

BYOND account:
Tamuren
Character name: Unknown
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Was killed by the HoS for breaking into security. Ic in OOC the entire time, said he would take a ghost roole to murder the HoS. admitted to metagrudge. Has seemingly no idea what he did wrong and demanded the HoS be banned. Also spammed restart votes. Your literally the type of player we dont want here, bye bye
Time ban was placed: 2019-11-15 21:05:19
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 123740
Your side of the story: Don't really remember, have played many rounds on other servers since. In general though, I don't roll antag and start conflicts with people ic so I probably got mad after being what I saw as unjustifiably killed.
Why you think you should be unbanned: In game I'm a helpful person who does beneficial things for the station, doesn't start fights and helps other players. Since my departure I've learned virology, genetics, janitor, xenobiology and nanites which make me even more beneficial to the crew than when I left. This experience may be corroborated by members of the beestation server.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Naloac] Tamuren

Post by Timberpoes » #656059

Naloac is no longer an admin, so you'll be getting a fresh perspective on this one from me.

Previous appeals:

Nov 2019 (Denied)
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24549&p=524213

Dec 2019 (Opened too early, rejected)
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25012&p=530763

May 2020 (Opened too early, rejected)
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26589&p=560469

Dec 2020 (Denied)
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28177&p=584887

You mention you've played many rounds on other servers since. We can see your record on servers that have public ban databases via https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/view/tamuren which isn't the best history in the world, however there are no new entires in the past ~8 months which is a good sign.

I want to emphasise that the player you were when you were banned is absolutely not the kind of player I wish to inflict upon our servers again and I'm sure you'll understand where I'm coming from.

I'll get one of our headmins to reach out to Bee and see if we feel, based on their feedback, you've improved enough to be granted a second chance here. It has been three years. So please standby while we complete that process.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #656073

Bee got back to us.

They noted that you were the edge of a perma a year ago, and since then you've kept a low profile and stopped shitting the place up quite as much.

One additional note and no other bans since Feb. You have pretty decent activity there too. The incidents you do have are more for breaches of the MRP ruleset than any universal shitter behaviour. Indeed, your last note probably wouldn't be a rule break even on our MRP server. And ultimately it looks like you've had good improvement.

On that basis, I'm willing to offer you a second chance here.

You genuinely seem to have come into your own on Bee's MRP server, and transitioning back to our LRP may be a culture shock after 3 years. So I'd like you to apply yourself in the same way you've done on Bee and, even though 3 of our servers operate a lower RP ruleset, not slip back into old habits.

Aka - What I don't want you to do is get too carried away in shitter culture when you rejoin. With your history, it won't take much for another admin to decide I made a mistake and drop the banhammer again.

Absolutely read the https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules global rules page, we've had a number of rules changes since you were last here including rules against bigotry and play-to-win gameplay that ruins the RP fun of other people that apply on both our LRP and MRP servers.

If you want to try our MRP out, read the https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Roleplay_Rules Roleplay Rules subsection too. This second set of rules sit on top of the main server rules, overriding them where they conflict and supplementing them otherwise.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #656076

Right. You should be unbanned now.

If you have any problems connecting, wait for the current shift to end and see if there's still an issue connecting.

If you can't connect after all the shifts have rolled over, let me know and I'll investigate further. Otherwise, welcome back!