[Harricross] XxMagnusGamerxX - Perma ban appeal.

Appeals which have been closed.
RandomDude

[Harricross] XxMagnusGamerxX - Perma ban appeal.

Post by RandomDude » #656261

BYOND account: XxMagnusGamerxX (God I wish I could change my BYOND name)
Character name: John Otter
Ban type: MRP
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a non-antagonist, exploded a welding tank in front of the Bridge while screaming,
"ALLAHU AKBAR." When questioned in ahelps, stated it was, "As a joke, I didn't mean to actually explode it." There
are multiple instances of you trying to (and failing) to detonate it with a cigarette, igniter and then you finally used
a welding tool. Lying in ahelps does not do you any favors. You were already noted last shift for randomly shooting
people with cyanide and by the looks of it, you're just here to grief.
Time ban was placed: 2022-11-12 07:18:57
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 194175.

Your side of the story: Well, since the cyanide situation was already spoken about between me and Harricross, I'm gonna explain the welding tank situation, I also must mention that my purpose was not to grief or ruin the roleplay experience for others, I just wanted to joke around. Well, I had just spawned as a non-antagonist chemist, I got out of the arrival shuttle, eventually, pulling a welding tank to the bridge, I didn't intend to actually destroy anything, and for a one off joke, I screamed "Allahu Akbar", which basically means god is great in arabic, I understand that may have had come off as extemistic and such, but I reiterate, I meant it as an unfunny joke, after trying to light up the tank with an igniter and a cigarette, I used a welding tool on it and it exploded, not killing or damaging anyone other than myself, not even damaging the station harshly, and then, Harricross got rightfully angry at me for doing something so stupid, I then told him it was a joke, and that "I didn't mean to actually explode it", with the part about the explosion being a blatant lie, which I admit, was also a dumb move by me, I shouldn't have lied on an admin sit, while yes, to any person that would have came off as just plain grief, but I didn't plan on killing anyone or ruining their experience (Only person that got hurt by the blast was myself).

Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, I am pretty much still quite new to SS13, and while that isn't an excuse to literally randomly blow up a welding tank, I believe this should be taken into consideration, I was just playing around, while yes, I shouldn't have done so, I believe my punishment should have been atleast lowered, I did not mean to grief at all, I'm just saying that, literally permanently banning me for a stupid mistake sounds overly harsh, I just want to be unbanned, or get my ban lowered to something more reasonable, honestly, TG is a server I really enjoy, due to it being more direct and actually playable, I can assure you that if this appeal is accepted by you, something like this will not happen again, and that I'll not do random stupid stuff on my next rounds.

Anything else we should know: I'd also like to apologize for blatantly lying to Harricross on our sit, I should have told him the truth and that I purposefully blew the tank up, but still, I believe an unban or a less harsh punishment would be fitting for this situation.
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Re: [Harricross] XxMagnusGamerxX - Perma ban appeal.

Post by Harricross » #656271

Hi, thanks for making an appeal.

The most basic rule which is, "Don't be a dick," was broken by you in your first hour by dumping random people full of cyanide without any other reason besides, "testing," it.
Lying in adminhelps, misrepresenting facts deliberately, or logging off when an admin has asked a question may result in permabans. Admins will not automatically place bans for players logging off however, and will generally wait a while in case real life situations caused a player to disconnect or go AFK.
Getting noted twice in two shifts back to back and then lying in ahelps paints a bad picture of your intentions, especially one that is extremely blatant where multiple people were watching you do it. In regards to station damage, you did create a hole to the second floor where you fell and then died to the cold/oxy loss, but it was repaired relatively quickly.

For now, I'll be leaving it as a permaban since you also tried to ban evade as RandomGuyy. If they prove otherwise that you are not them or vice versa, I'll be willing to lift it.
RandomDude

Re: [Harricross] XxMagnusGamerxX - Perma ban appeal.

Post by RandomDude » #656288

Come on, stop being so harsh.