fizziz2
Byond Username: Fizziz

Kubisopplsy-Fizziz- Perma ban appeal.

Post by fizziz2 » #656205

BYOND account: Fizziz
Character name: Prometheus Alexopoulus
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: Perma
Ban reason: As a nonatagonist lawyer arrtested another lawyer for entering the wardens office, then tried to sell them as a slave getting increasingly creepy in his say messages, which ultimately let to the second lawyers death. After that he started screaming about fighting racism IC towards the warden, for no discernible reason. Was combative in ahelps and disconnectted mid ticket, this in conjunction with extensive history of notes shows that you don't fit within the community. If you want to convince us otherwise, please appeal on forums.
Time ban was placed: 2022-11-09 17:06:55
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 194013
Ban ID: #63251
Your side of the story: First of all I would like to apologize for leaving mid ticket. My internet went out and I am already fully aware that one doesn't just hope out of a game mid ticket. The other lawyer went into the warden's office and armory so I performed a civilians arrest. I admit that I may have taken this too far when I tried the whole slave act (I was never actually going to sell him, just let him go). His death was not the result of my actions, but the actions of another player who kidnapped the lawyer and shoved him against an electric grill where he was shocked until he died(I tried to retrieve the lawyer, but your man was too evasive).
I don't believe that I was "combative" I just contested that my messages where not "creepy". When I asked Kubisopplsy what messages were creepy and they specified messages such as "Come on boys and girls!!" (when I called out to people when I had the lawyer, don't really think there is anything wrong with this message" and "don't act the maggot!" (I'm Irish this is just how we speak English in my country, "acting the maggot" just means somebody is acting like an idiot, and I said this to the lawyer after I caught him in places he was not supposed to be). I understand that in text it can be difficult to convey tone and because of this misunderstandings are certainly possible, but I still don't believe I was using overly provocative language aimed at making those around me uncomfortable.
As for fighting racism "for no discernible reason", I was asked to help by another player who then explained the situation to me. Throughout the encounter I never did anything other than jest and jeer, if that was against the rules I apologize because I had no idea.
Why you think you should be unbanned: While I admit I may have taken things too far in regards with the lawyer, I had planned to let him go with no scars. In relation this matter I promise to heed the advice of the admins here in the future. However, at the same time the whole station partook in the joke as well, if I were to be banned would it not also make sense to ban the sec officers who saw me do this and did nothing? The scientist who kidnapped the lawyer from me and shoved him into the electric grill resulting in his death should definitely be banned. I want to emphasis that I did not want things to get that out of hand, and when I lost the lawyer I looked around for him for another 10-15 minuets, until I got mildly distracted by the whole warden issue and my internet went out.
In conclusion, although yes I may have taken a joke too far, but I will take heed on any advice from the admins to temper my playing in the future. I apologize for causing any trouble, I really love this server and the people who play on it and it would be a great shame if I could not play on it again for a joke that went sour.
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Re: Kubisopplsy-Fizziz- Perma ban appeal.

Post by Kubisopplay » #656279

Alright, thanks for appealing.
I will reduce this ban from perma, since it was upgraded because you disconnected. I am still debating the exact lenght, but the time spent waiting on this appeal will count into it, so me being slow won't impact anything.
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Re: Kubisopplsy-Fizziz- Perma ban appeal.

Post by Kubisopplay » #656628

Sorry for the delay.
Considering the ban was a perma mostly because you disconnected after doing multiple questionable things, I am willing to reduce this ban to a week one. Since its about exactly a week since it was applied, I am going to lift it now.
Please do not repeat behavior in question.
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575