fizziz2
Byond Username: Fizziz

Server Ban appeal Strider 13

Post by fizziz2 » #658568

BYOND account: Fizziz
Character name: Prometheus Alexoupolus
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a non antagonist attacked a lizard at round start and attempted to stop his revival saying "don't heal this guy". Additionally entered robotatics and started tabling a robotacist to death before being killed
Time ban was placed: <2022-12-06 13:2621:>
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 195755
Your side of the story: Okay for the lizard I don't know who you are talking about because I fought two lizards, one because I passed him and said something along the lines of "damn liggers" and we fought, and another because he was rev head and was flashing everybody who had two eyes. For the first lizard I am pretty sure I got rousted, and if I didn't I more than likely was joking when I said not to heal him (my memories a bit hazy on that), as for the other one who was rev head (or a guy flashing people for no reason on a rev round), I stunned him and tried to bring him to the kitchen to depose of him. (It is important to note that the first lizard I fought with turned out to be rev, or was really passionate about saving the rev head, another explanation as to why I may have said not to heal). While I was dragging his body I was attacked by the robotics who was beforehand trying to approach me all shady like, I ended up being attacked by the two revs and lost the rev head's body because of this.
Naturally this led to me believing that the robo was a rev, so when I had the chance I tabled her into submission and was going to cuff and convert her back to sec, but the non antag robo killed me before that could happen.

Why I should be unbanned: Pretty sure I was just a man fighting revs, but its possible me, a couple others and all of sec were confused. I was not going to kill the robo, but I was killed before I could explain to the other robo that she was PROBABLY a rev considering how much she tried to interfere with nanostrason business. As for the lizards I admit I am a bit hazy as I have just gone through my exams before this ban was placed and don't remember robusting any lizards, but if I did see any injured and said not to heal it was more than likely because I thought they were revs.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Server Ban appeal Strider 13

Post by Timberpoes » #658569

Correction: Your ban length is set at 14 days. It's due to expire 2022-12-20 @ 13:26:21 UTC+0

Full ban reason: As non-antagonist scientist, attacked a lizard roundstart, later attempted to prevent their revival in medbay saying "dont heal this guy". Additionally, later in the round entered robotics and started tabling roboticist to death. You already have a recent ban for self antagging. Player was not online when this ban was placed, so if you can explain your reasoning behind any of these attacks, feel free to appeal on forums.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #658618

Hey there, thanks for appealing. If anyone wishes to look at logs - it should be noted that there wasn't an actual revolution going on that round, only a fake one; But I'm not holding it against you, so let's assume it was a real rev round.
Attack and game logs filtered by ckeys: Fizziz/(Prometheus Alexopoulos), Varusu/(Fordoors-Morewars) - Cook, Ripperserk/(Elmanda Brown) - Roboticist.
Link to logs: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... nd-195755/

The first part of the ban is your fight with a lizard cook within 1 minute of them spawning
► Show Spoiler
Lethally escalating against a crewmember for absolutely no reason other than 'he lizard' is not a great idea. You can roleplay a xenophobe, but don't use it as an excuse to fight people as non-antag.

And it's clearly a pattern for you, considering the moment after you stopped fighting the cook, you started fighting a scientist, also a lizard:
► Show Spoiler
As for your attempts to stop their revival - I initially believed you were trying to prevent the revival of the lizard cook, but logs seem to indiciate you meant the fake-headrev lizard, Touch-The-Snow, so no issues there.
► Show Spoiler
Now, as for the second part of the ban, you claim to have been attacked by the roboticist, but I can find absolutely zero logs of it happening. In fact, the only logged interaction between you two is you coming into robotics and attacking them, before the other robo comes over and drills you to death:
► Show Spoiler
I don't believe you have any justification to table them to death here.

As for the ban's duration, your last ban from a month ago is:
Banned from the server permanently - As a nonantagonist lawyer arrrested another lawyer for entering wardens office,then tried to sell them as a slave getting increasingly creepy in his say messages, which ultimately led to the second lawyers death. After that he started screaming about fighting racism IC towards a warden, for no discernible reason. Was combative in ahelps and disconnected mid ticket, this in conjunction with extensive history of notes shows that you don't fit within the community. If you want to convince us otherwise, please appeal on forums.
Which actually turned to be a week ban after an appeal.

Anyway, as far as I can tell you didn't attempt to prevent cook's revival, so I can lower the ban to 10 days and ammend the ban's note to:
As non-antagonist scientist, entered robotics and attempted to table a roboticst they had no prior interaction with to death. Extended to ten days due to a recent ban for self antagging.
With an additional note saying:
Informed that roleplaying as a xenophobe does not give player an excuse to start fighting people as non-antagonist.
Respond if you're fine with that.
► Show Spoiler
fizziz2
Byond Username: Fizziz

Post by fizziz2 » #658624

Sounds good, I should not have attacked the lizard for some dumbfuck reason. As I was saying though I was not trying to beat the robo to death, just get her into a position to where I could cuff her and "deconvert" her. I don't remember my interaction with her exactly but she in some way interfered with my disposal of the rev head's body which made me believe she was a rev, thats why I tabled her (might want to add that I was not aware one could even table another player to death, thought it was just a stamina thing) and was going to cuff before the other robo drilled me to death.

So basically I was not self antagging with the robo, I honest to god thought she was a rev and fair game after what touches the snow did to make revs seem like a real possibility.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Striders13 » #658625

Cool. Would be good if you could find logs of robo interrupting you, maybe I missed it.
I'll edit the note and ban duration when I'm at pc.
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #658966

Striders has asked that we keep this open until the ban expires on the 19th to give Fizziz time to look over the logs if he wishes.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Striders13 » #659741

ban's expired.
► Show Spoiler