BYOND account: 21legate
Character name: Demarcus Williams
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: https://gyazo.com/5be8a866500116a57a96fde77f38b09b
Time ban was placed: 9:40ish PST
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 196637
Your side of the story: I was PMed by wubil, where they insisted I was a evader. I was then banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I spoke to Wubil about this. This is a alt, the main account from which I come from has never even graced TG and stuck to its own server. I am very reluctant to give any ckey's or information. I was doxed, in a span of 1-6 months ago. I will not label the exact date. If any infomation is truly needed I have messaged a HeadAdmin asking them to ask me privately in dms. You are free to ask me in dms as well Wubil. I don't want any thing that can be traced back to me in the eyes of the public or those who doxed me.
References of good conduct: Hours between 500-1000 on the server I came from and was doxed. I will not say the exact hours, if you wish to know the server message me in Dm's.
Anything else we should know: Please privately message me if you want some context related to the doxing of me. I will not share exact details, but fragments for you to paint a picture. I also ask that before this is insta-denied like the ahelp happened to be. Please do ask questions for the information I'm willing to provide privately.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: [Wubill] 21legate - Permanent Ban

Post by wubli » #659818

there is valid reasoning to believe that you are a ban evader.
and the doxxing story is very convenient becasue it gives you a free pass not to share any information about your past accounts, which would easily help you clean your name.
this appeal is denied.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #659830

who are they a ban evasion alt of? that's standard practice for declaring a ban evasion ban but i don't see the previous ckey listed in that ban reason
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #659832

iamgoofball wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:07 pm who are they a ban evasion alt of? that's standard practice for declaring a ban evasion ban but i don't see the previous ckey listed in that ban reason
From our internal guidelines on handling evasion-related ban appeals:
Ban Evaders/Suspected multi-account griefers
... Do not reveal any more information than is necessary when dealing with evaders. There is absolutely no legitimate reason to explain to an evader how they were caught and very little reason to list known accounts used by an evader ...
Including alts in evasion notes is contrary to suggested standard procedure. Standard procedure would have this information listed in a secret note for tracking/appeal purposes instead of the ban reason itself.

All investigative information is known internally. The admin team usually won't reveal much deeper info than "investigation leads us to believe you're an evader" unless there's ambiguity where the player can potentially reveal some key piece of information that may resolve it.

I felt your point, despite having an obvious answer of "revealing what we know to potential evaders makes it harder to stop evaders", still had some merit and a response would be useful in the context of this appeal. That is the basis under which I approved your post.

This is the definitive take and is not a discussion. If you want to discuss it more, find and/or open a peanut thread. Further posts on this topic will not be approved.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
21legate
Byond Username: 21legate

Post by 21legate » #659854

wubli wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:04 pm there is valid reasoning to believe that you are a ban evader.
and the doxxing story is very convenient becasue it gives you a free pass not to share any information about your past accounts, which would easily help you clean your name.
this appeal is denied.
Empathy is a sign of high intelligence. Try putting yourself in my shoes.

I would like the headadmins to rule this.

I would also add that I don't believe there is a valid reason whatsoever. Considering you begged me to admit I was evading in the ahelp. I'm not sure how to get the ahelp logs.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #659866

21legate wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:13 pm I would also add that I don't believe there is a valid reason whatsoever. Considering you begged me to admit I was evading in the ahelp. I'm not sure how to get the ahelp logs.
ahelp logs can be secured at https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets
21legate

Post by 21legate » #659870

iamgoofball wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:42 am
21legate wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:13 pm I would also add that I don't believe there is a valid reason whatsoever. Considering you begged me to admit I was evading in the ahelp. I'm not sure how to get the ahelp logs.
ahelp logs can be secured at https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets
Ok i made the ahelp public
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #659876

21legate wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:13 pm Empathy is a sign of high intelligence. Try putting yourself in my shoes.

I would also add that I don't believe there is a valid reason whatsoever. Considering you begged me to admit I was evading in the ahelp. I'm not sure how to get the ahelp logs.
lot to unpack here
the empathy guilt trip is really funny. we take doxxing really seriously here!
headmins will rule on this, sure. no worries.
we have valid reasoning to believe you are an evader. read timberpoe's post again. if we tell you why we know, it's easier for you to know how not to get caught if you are an evader!
if there was no reasoning, what'd you reckon this is? some sort of personal grudge on a 2-day account?
also "begged" is a really funny word for me just saying "c'mon dude, just admit it"
i truly hope, my guy, that it's somehow found out that you are not an evader. but right now it's where it's pointing at. :}
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
21legate

Post by 21legate » #659879

wubli wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:30 am
21legate wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:13 pm Empathy is a sign of high intelligence. Try putting yourself in my shoes.

lot to unpack here
the empathy guilt trip is really funny. we take doxxing really seriously here!
headmins will rule on this, sure. no worries.
we have valid reasoning to believe you are an evader. read timberpoe's post again. if we tell you why we know, it's easier for you to know how not to get caught if you are an evader!
if there was no reasoning, what'd you reckon this is? some sort of personal grudge on a 2-day account?
also "begged" is a really funny word for me just saying "c'mon dude, just admit it"
i truly hope, my guy, that it's somehow found out that you are not an evader. but right now it's where it's pointing at. :}
👍
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #661048

We have enough information to be reasonably confident that you are an evader, and no real evidence to the contrary, this appeal is denied.

Spook: Deny Appeal
Rave: Deny Appeal
San: Deny Appeal