Character name: N/A
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: 2022-04-09
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 181291
Your side of the story: I ban evaded.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've changed.
References of good conduct: I was banned on Goon for the same reason but I got unbanned around a year or two years ago and I've been playing on it ever since with no issue.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Jaredfogle] Needicla/Freshmaniscoolman/Megalopeos/AlJibr - Permaban Appeal

Post by Timberpoes » #660667

Jaredfogle took a break from adminning, so I'll take over this appeal in their place.

Please leave this with me for a day or so while I get myself up to speed on your original ban reason and evasion attempts.

There are usually multiple banning admins involved in appeals like this - the original banning admin if you were perma banned, as well as all admins that banned you for evasion.

I need to get all my ducks in a row before I can progress further.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Manadeel

Post by Manadeel » #660673

Ok. The original ban was a long time ago.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #660674

That's no problem, I'll dig it up.

I can't overturn the bans of other admins without their consent, so big evasion bans tend to be an exercise in finding out who the involved admins are and - most importantly - what your original ban was.

The minimum barrier to getting an evasion ban overturned is getting your original ban overturned too.

I'll find out whether I can handle your original ban in this appeal or if you need to appeal that separately to another admin. Then I'll let you know what the next steps will be.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #660688

Congratulations, you win the Gold Medal for the "It's Complicated Olympics".

search.php?keywords=freshmaniscoolman is a good starting point. There have been various appeals of varying success rates over the years.

Your original ban was placed in 2015 by another currently active admin duo (Stickymayhem x Vekter) - They'd be the only people that can overturn the original ban in ordinary circumstances, however...

You are ALSO placed on our blacklist.

That blacklist entry is still active. The blacklist is a list of players we have decided may no longer play on our servers or engage in our community at all, ever. In contrast to a "standard" permanent ban, where the expectation is that through course of time it may eventually get appealed and overturned, the blacklist starts at the assumption of "permanent means permanent" - No appeals, no overturning.

Ordinarily blacklisted players cannot appeal bans.

HOWEVER, from your last appeal in April 2021:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28946

Our host considered and denied your appeal.

So I'm going to ping MSO on our Discord and ask him if he's interested in looking into your blacklist status again.

If this topic does not get a reply from him within one week, I will consider him not interested in the topic and summarily dismiss your appeal due to you being blacklisted.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #660703

Your original ban was placed in 2015 by another currently active admin duo (Stickymayhem x Vekter) - They'd be the only people that can overturn the original ban in ordinary circumstances, however...
For what little it's worth, I have no interest in lifting your ban from 2015. You were banned for a very good reason and shortly after went over to /vg/ and posted IRL gore on a Github PR that you didn't like.

You burned your bridges and haven't done anything to fix them.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Manadeel

Post by Manadeel » #660710

Vekter wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:05 pm
For what little it's worth, I have no interest in lifting your ban from 2015. You were banned for a very good reason and shortly after went over to /vg/ and posted IRL gore on a Github PR that you didn't like.

You burned your bridges and haven't done anything to fix them.
Well, I've stayed away for a long period of time. I won't deny that I was very edgy back then and I thrived off of controversy and attention, but it has been a long time, and I am no longer as invested or have as much of a hairpin trigger as I used to have. Boredom and ego were the reasons that I used to do the things I did, and as you mature all of these things go away on their own, add to that the responsibilities of adulthood and I'm really not even the same person anymore.

I haven't specifically done anything to fix the bridges I've burned here, but like I said I was unbanned on Goon, and that ban was an even older one with the same level of strictness to it, they also had me ban on sight and promised never to unban me again, but I managed to convince them with the time that I spent on there after I got unbanned. If you give me the same chance they gave me I can show you that I'm nothing like I used to be.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #661326

Since MSO hasn't responded, they're clearly not interested in revisiting/removing your blacklist status at this time.

As a result, this ban appeal can only be closed. Blacklisted players cannot appeal and being blacklisted is also not appealable, a status removed only at our host's discretion.