Post by Localbox » #662376

BYOND account: Localbox
Character name: Khara J. Ross-Cravens
Ban type: Note
Ban reason: 'OOC in IC: "Gonna be nice to watch him seethe in the discord" '
Time ban was placed: 2023-01-20 03:53:39
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 198553
Your side of the story: I join as a security officer, right. Hear on the radio that Makes-The-Abomination is valid or some shit, and that Reider can abuse them. I think it's funny, and say, "Gonna be nice to watch him seethe in the discord" and go like "Whaaaaat" in the sec comms after. I say this because Makes seethes about getting fucked over by Reider very, very often. He just seethes very often. Get in line pal! Think nothing of it because I played it off as some joke. Then, Vekter hops on Sybil, maybe somebody snitched or they just LOVE their job, then we go over a quick 'hey saying that was stupid dont do that', i go, 'ok lol, never gonna do it again', then they say, 'There's nothing to worry about then since y ou'll never do it again.'. cool. think nothing of it. then i see i get a '-' note for it. I thought that was a perfectly fine verbal warning, but turns out they had to slap a note on it for some reason? This has got to be
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been trying to clean up my act. No matter how unsuccessful it has been, I have been trying. A full-on note because I said one very menial OOC in IC thing does not help. A verbal warning would have been perfectly, completely fine. This is so tragic.
Anything else we should know: hi mom
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] - An(, in my opinion,) unnecessary note

Post by Vekter » #662387

I don't see a reason to remove the note. I note just about anyone who breaks either IC in OOC or vice versa in the event they do it again.

In order for a note to be overturned, the following must be true. Either:

1) The note is factually or materially incorrect.
2) The note's contents or existence is unjustifiably harsh to the player's standing in the eyes of admins reading the notes.

1 is clearly not the case, as you admit that it happened and we have logs stating it did. 2 is the justification you're going off of and, in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with giving you a note for blatantly breaking the rules, even if it's something minor. You have well over 1,000 hours of playtime and clearly know better, so I placed the note in case it happens again. If you don't intend on breaking this rule again, then there's no concern regarding this note.

In short, denied. Headmins can overturn this if they want.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you