Appeals which have been closed.
BigChungus69
Byond Username: BigChungus69

[BrotherBeyond]BigChungus69 - shouldn't be so dumb

Post by BigChungus69 » #675840

Byond account and Character name: BigChungus69 - Phil Burbank
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason, time and round ID: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (BigChungus69) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Ban evasion on round 202921 using account spaceman182. Apeal on the forums. viewforum.php?f=7 this ban (BanID #65387) was applied by BrotherBeyond on 2023-04-02 23:31:25 during round ID 203022. This is a permanent ban.
Server: Terry
My side of the story: So I first got banned when I exploded a TTV because a guy said "no balls" and me being the idiot that I am decided that I had "balls". Being fairly new to the game and not knowing anything about bombs I expected me and the guy that said "no balls" to blow up, well I was dead wrong. I blew up 5 people with me and sadly Ian aswell. The admin that banned me, the name of which I don't know said, that he was going to ban me for only 4 days because I behaved well in the bwoink. So the next day comes and I was curious whether that meant if I was only banned on this account, while being oblivious to the consequences this curiosity would bring me. I wouldn't have played on the other account I was really just curious and know now that I should have read ban rules first. I then noticed that this actually is a smart ban and not a "ban". So I waited my time and wanted to check today when my ban exactly ends and come to find a permaban for trying to avoid the first ban.
Why I think I should be unbanned: The first and the second ban are totally justified. I am just hoping that I can turn this from a permaban into a temporary one. I really like playing on this server and regret my actions.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: [BrotherBeyond]BigChungus69 - shouldn't be so dumb

Post by WineAllWine » #675905

For reference, the original ban was placed by kubisopplay: "Detonated a maxcap after someone said "no balls". Understood that he probably shouldn't have did that, and he didnt expect the bomb to be that big. Understanding in ahelps". It is currently active, expiring in just over 12 hours.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #679030

BrotherBeyond has been off the radar, and I hate keeping you waiting so I'll take over this appeal. There's not a lot of facts to look over here, it's all on the table, so i'll just give my take: The chances a new player is stupid and does a series of stupid fuckups is quite high. Now, usually it's not "i got banned for bombing and then ban evaded it into a perma", but the phenomenon is the same and it's sensible to realize not everyone has a smooth start. Let's just file this all away as a very silly mistake and have a proper fresh start with you as a new player.

So how about this? Don't... bomb people unless you're allowed to (hint, be an antagonist!) and... DON'T... try to log in on an alt account while banned. Cool?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #679034

And you know what we'll call the time you waited on this appeal your punishment for doing the stinky "what if i logged in on another account" whoopsies and then boom you've fairly served your time or something like that
BigChungus69
Byond Username: BigChungus69

Post by BigChungus69 » #679069

Thank you for your reply. I would like to take up that offer to get a fresh start and promise not to do anymore stupid things. And as always have a nice day!
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #679070

You too man i'll hop on right now and lift it

Note: I replaced the ban on spaceman182 with just an account ban instead of one that also affects BigChungus69. Basically, you can play as normal, but spaceman182 is a dead account
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #679641

Thanks Arm, you're the bae.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin