Gsrhghttrhj
Byond Username: Gsrhghttrhj

[Timberpoes] Eddy954 - Permaban Appeal

Post by Gsrhghttrhj » #679458

BYOND account: Eddy954
Character name: Dont Remember, now Jay Lickspittle
Ban type: Permanent
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Requested a vouch for a ban on Beestation. On checking their appeal on the Bee forums, it revealed they were an alt account of Eddy954. At the time of writing this note, Eddy954 is permabanned for evading a week ban. If you would like to play here again, I suggest appealing your original permaban on Eddy954.
Time ban was placed: 2023-04-12 22:25:46
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 203656
Your side of the story: I have originally been banned on Eddy954 for calling someone a heavy slur, i dont remember the exact details, this was 3 years ago, since then i have been playing under Gsrhghttrhj, i was immature and toxic, and now regret my actions and im trying to appeal my bans.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My bans have been fair, ive been playing under Gsrhghttrhj on tg for almost a year now, i have a few warnings but i generally try to keep my head down and just learn more intricate game mechanics. I am now banned from all tg codebases, my behavior from 3 years ago caught up to me, and im coming clean.
References of good conduct: I have been banned on bee since 3 years ago too.
Anything else we should know: I have also been banned on fulp a few months ago for the same reasons.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Timberpoes] Eddy954 - Permaban Appeal

Post by Timberpoes » #679472

Technically the admin you'd need to appeal to is BrotherBeyond whom originally banned you for evasion, however they didn't respond to their last ban appeal a couple of weeks ago and I'm already headmin so there's nothing they can do to stop me dealing with all your evasion bans in totality.

The first question I always ask is: Are there any other accounts you've evaded on? This isn't a trick question, but I tend to get a bit tetchy when people finally confront their own history and start appealing instead of evading, and I find even MORE evasions in the background that they didn't otherwise reveal.

As for the appeal itself:

On the one hand, your behaviour has been far from spotless on Gsrhghttrhj. Your recent Fulp ban https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/view/Gsrhghttrhj is also a big concern.

On the other hand you're far from the absolute worst shitter we've got kicking around. While that's a lot like saying "This person isn't so bad, they only punch kittens. At least they don't kick puppies." - You've also somehow managed to avoid getting perma'd while evading here for a solid 300+ hours and you're actually managing to collect notes at a slower pace than before which is a definite sign of improvement.

I'll mull this one over for a bit, since it's midnight local time and I've gotta be up early tomorrow.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Gsrhghttrhj

Post by Gsrhghttrhj » #679644

I may have tried evading with one or two other throwaway accounts on tg years ago, i dont remember. Since i got perma'd first, i changed my internet provider, and tried evading on fulp by changing my hard drive serial number, which didnt work. Purely by chance i found out that one of my throwaway accounts, Gsrhghttrhj, worked on tg, and i started playing on it in earnest, this is the only account that ive been using till now.
The recent fulp ban was a mixture of them finding out my old ban evasions, and an argument that i recently had with one of their admins, i tried appealing it, but it was rejected because of my other permabans and it being my second permaban appeal.
Ive since tried to keep clean, the warnings i have on tg are fair, as i sometimes act out, but im trying to get better.
Thanks for taking your time.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #679885

I'm considering turning this into a one month ban, starting from when I banned you.

I'm suggesting this approach for a few reasons.

The first is that your record here is really, just really poor. You evaded and broke a bunch of rules in quite rapid succession while evading. But, other than the evasion, you've not currently done anything to warrant a perma again.
The second is that your original ban back in 2021 was only a week. You could have continued playing here if you'd just waited it out, but you chose a different path with all its consequences. I want to take that into account.
The third is that I still want this ban to actually mean something, and to communicate to you just how thin the ice you're on actually is. Allowing a player back after they evade a ban is completely discretionary, and any other admin could have easily told you to get fucked and come back in a year to appeal again.

By serving that full month ban without evading, you will officially no longer be an active ban evader while playing here. That'll hopefully help you focus your efforts into not breaking any more rules by giving you something that you probably don't want to lose now considering you're banned from so many other popular servers.

The evasion will still be on your note history, and future admins will definitely take it into account if you break any rules again in the near future. You could very easily find yourself permabanned again by another admin for any serious rule breaks, and if the incident leading to that ban is valid I won't be voting to overturn it in the next 5 months of my headmin term regardless of how petty or minor it may be.

What are your thoughts on this?
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Gsrhghttrhj

Post by Gsrhghttrhj » #679916

One month is perfectly fair, and much more lenient than i would have expected for my behavior. I will gladly wait it out, if it means i get to join the server with a semi-clean slate.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #679917

New duration is 30 days from 2023-04-12 and it expires 2023-05-12 22:25:46 UTC+0
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #679931

Side note, if I fucked up any of the unbanning process and you still can't get in a month from now, just throw up another appeal and I'll check it out and fix it.

Eddy954 and boiboiboi12 are both still banned as alts, but shouldn't block you entering the server.
Gsrhghttrhj

Post by Gsrhghttrhj » #679938

Perfect, thanks a bunch!