[Vekter] Joe Shadings - admin mistook lvl 2 grab for lvl 3 grab? (Appeal edition)

Appeals which have been closed.
thedude
Byond Username: The1dude

[Vekter] Joe Shadings - admin mistook lvl 2 grab for lvl 3 grab? (Appeal edition)

Post by thedude » #690532

BYOND account:The1dude
Character name: Joe Shadings
Ban type: Note
Ban length: N/A
Ban reason: Image: Image Mothbus script in case the image doesnt work:
Vekter/(Alastor Grissom) has created a note for The1dudeCQC'd the clown multiple times and stole their shoes and PDA for entering the kitchen twice, once intentionally and once from someone shoving him over the counter. Made no attempt to ask the clown to leave or remove him without excessive violence. You can defend your workplace, but you need to explicitly tell someone who's there and who isn't threatening you that they need to leave first.
Time ban was placed: 2023-06-17 06:05:57
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 208392
Your side of the story: A clown got pushed onto a table by a miner in my kitchen (I was indeed chef) and gets back out and then enters my kitchen and so I grab him, and throw him out and take his shoes. Then someone asks me to deepfry the clown's PDA which i do so because i believe the miner killed him. Right as me and my sous are making donk pockets, i get bwoinked for "ASSAULTING THE CLOWN" and "DEEPFRYING HIS SHIT" which 1. I harmlessly grabbed the clown and threw him out of my kitchen and 2. I only deepfried the PDA because someone told me to AFTER the incident, which is completely unrelated to DURING the incident. But the admin kept on insisting that I assaulted the clown and that I should have just told him to leave when I simply just tossed him out, nobody hurt. He was still insisting that I assaulted the clown because he thought I put him in a level 3 grab, which I didnt. He thought violently grabbing was a level 3 grab even though the same round I had tested it out on my sous chef in the kitchen and it was a violent grab since CQC starts at level 2. After a prior post, I saw that my sous chef did in fact put the clown in a level 3 grab and even knocked them out.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's not like an admin note is the end of the world, but this note is very unfair because it's framing me for beating up the clown even though that's completely off from what I did (it was all nonlethal!).
Attachments
image.png
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Joe Shadings - admin mistook lvl 2 grab for lvl 3 grab? (Appeal edition)

Post by Vekter » #690533

I deleted the note. It was like 2 AM and I misread the logs and the situation was pretty badly misrepresented by the clown. Your colleague is the one who did the majority of the bullshit. I'd note him but he's banned for evasion now, so that's kind of a moot point.

I'd say the only thing you really did wrong was steal the clown's shoes. That's kind of a dick move, especially doing it after you'd already removed him from the kitchen. I could make an argument that a temporary minor note might be warranted, but I feel like that's just splitting hairs.

Sorry for the mix-up.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
thedude
Byond Username: The1dude

Re: [Vekter] Joe Shadings - admin mistook lvl 2 grab for lvl 3 grab? (Appeal edition)

Post by thedude » #690546

It's fine, I should sleep at 2 AM too.