[DISCORD] pickleplants11

Appeals which have been closed.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

[DISCORD] pickleplants11

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #693151

Discord username: pickleplants11
[
Ban reason: Unknown, something done maybe a few years ago?

Time ban was placed: It was placed a year or 2 ago, but i dont really know or have anything to back it up
Your side of the story: I dont know, how to properly give my side if i dont know the reason,
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'll probably try and fill these in within the appeal's comments or with edits if i know the banning admin, but i dont know shit, so consider this empty
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [DISCORD] pickleplants11

Post by Vekter » #693197

I'll ping the Discord jannies and see if they can figure it out.

E: Looks like the reason was "longestarmlonglaw, admitted ban evader". Still working on finding out who actually banned you because Discord logging is dogwater.

Edit 2: Alright, Phuzzylodgik is the admin who banned you, seemingly for evading a Discord ban. I'll notify him.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #693307

Evading a discord ban? On the tgstation main discord? I do not remember committing any acts that would warrant me getting banned there, this feels like them banning me for admitting to me ban evading INGAME (Unless you count the manny cord but that does not count)
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #693849

If a ban thread is left open for a week, it becomes resolved, right now its getting pretty close to that deadline, vekter, anything new?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #694022

I've pinged the Discord admins and asked them to look into this as Phuzzy seems to be inactive.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #694078

For additional context: Phuzzy said he'll look into this a few days ago. Vekter must've missed the messages- one way or another, you'll get folks looking this over for you soon enough. Cheers!
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #694088

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:09 pm For additional context: Phuzzy said he'll look into this a few days ago. Vekter must've missed the messages- one way or another, you'll get folks looking this over for you soon enough. Cheers!
I did, my bad.
Spoiler:

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #695855

Hey, I've been requested to take over this appeal from PhuzzyLodgik due to the fact that he seems to be busy with IRL matters at this current time.
Now that you know the banning admin and (suspected) reason, do you have anything you'd like to update your original appeal with?
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #695973

Player used multiple sock puppet accounts in the tgcord and unofficial manuelcord, despite his claims of only ever using the one account in this thread. In addition to pickleplants11 as he listed in the thread, there was also !LOOKGUYS#8613.

Searching both usernames in the tgcord will verify this.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #696073

That case wasn't ban evasion since that alternate account wasn't around when the pickleplants ban was placed.
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #696206

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:01 pm Hey, I've been requested to take over this appeal from PhuzzyLodgik due to the fact that he seems to be busy with IRL matters at this current time.
Now that you know the banning admin and (suspected) reason, do you have anything you'd like to update your original appeal with?
I had an old account, think it was LOOKGUYS, something like that, the one im using used to be an alt, but i got locked out of my main so this is my main now, I also forgot about my old one until carsh brought it up, Also was it because i admitted to official tgstation discord ban evasion? or ingame ban evasion? Also i dont really have much to say for myself unless some more clarification onto the ban reason was provided, I promise i wont do it again?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #696400

I think it was because you were likely evading on the servers and being so obnoxious about it that you got it mirrored to the discord.
As for the ban itself- I think I'll be having it stay. Using multiple discord accounts to generate attention prior to the ban isn't a great look, and you've just recently been unbanned from the servers themselves- so give it half a year and reappeal then, and you'll likely have an easier shot at getting unbanned.
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #696401

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:12 am I think it was because you were likely evading on the servers and being so obnoxious about it that you got it mirrored to the discord.
As for the ban itself- I think I'll be having it stay. Using multiple discord accounts to generate attention prior to the ban isn't a great look, and you've just recently been unbanned from the servers themselves- so give it half a year and reappeal then, and you'll likely have an easier shot at getting unbanned.
You can mark this as closed, i'll return in 2024 and appeal it then