Appeals which have been closed.
Caractaser

[Rex9001] Caractaser - server ban

Post by Caractaser » #697941

BYOND account: Caractaser
Character name: John Kramer
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 4 Days
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Caractaser) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: As a non-antagonist scientist ordered his creatures to let a xenomorph queen gone resulting in the death of at least 4 people when this ban was placed. Claimed that this was because they thought a sentience potion would make it friendly. This ban (BanID #66931) was applied by Rex9001 on 2023-08-06 17:48:18 during round ID 211926. The ban is for 4 days and expires on 2023-08-10 17:48:18 (server time).
Time ban was placed: 2023-08-06 17:48:18
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 211926
Your side of the story:I was very new to xenobio with less than ~5h on scientist, and after using the sentience potion on some critters, I gave one to the HoS and RD in the room because they killed the xeno queen and dragged her in. After some time, one of the critters wanted me to give him permission to let the xeno queen out, and I did so because I thought the RD or HoS gave the potion to her, as she was alive again.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I know I am still responsible for letting the queen out either way, but I think 4 days is too long because at the time I released her, the round was already ending (7-5 mins till shuttle arrival), and because I did not know the sentience potion didn't work that way since I am very new to the job.
References of good conduct: Have a good admin remark about playing a "quest giver" gimmick well.
Anything else we should know: May be irrelevant but this is the first ban on Terry with 100h~ of playtime.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Re: [Rex9001] Caractaser - server ban

Post by TheRex9001 » #697981

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to appeal this ban!

From this appeal and looking at your logs + the relevant ticket I can now see that you were confused about how the sentience potion works which I also was and I had to codedive for it, which is why I don't think its fair for me to leave this ban standing. For future reference sentience potions do not work on xenomorphs and so that was not possible, of course you didn't have any way of knowing this unless you had more experience on the role.

As such I will be overturning this ban and replacing it with a note:
"During the events of round 211926 let a xeno queen go thinking someone had used a sentience potion to revive it and make it friendly, has been informed that sentience potions don't work on xenomorphs."

At the time of reading this you should be able to connect to our servers, if you can't please contact me or another admin.

Have a good one!
Caractaser

Re: [Rex9001] Caractaser - server ban

Post by Caractaser » #698059

Okay! Thanks for responding this quickly!