Ban Appeal - Vehrsatz (Banned by Dendydoom)

Appeals which have been closed.
Vehrsatz
Byond Username: Vehrsatz

Ban Appeal - Vehrsatz (Banned by Dendydoom)

Post by Vehrsatz » #698338

BYOND account: Vehrsatz
Character name: Fred Adler
Ban type: ?
Ban length: Perma
Ban reason: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Vehrsatz) is banned from playing here.
The ban reason is: Alt of "Vehr". If you feel this is in error please appeal on the forums
Time ban was placed: 2023-08-09
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel Station ( Sorry copied this reference from someone else )
Round ID in which ban was placed: 212107

Your side of the story: Hi, I was messaging an admin and then all of a sudden perma banned. The guy asked me if I had another account, I was about to write that I did a long time ago and haven't played in forever so I forgot my pw. I recently came back to ss13 during my semester break, I was banned by a different admin than the one who I was messaging. My other acc is "Vehr", but I don't recall that account being banned, as I only played for about a day or two then had to leave for school again, so I'm very confused. I think if you think I am trying to hide that, I would have not named my account the same name. ( Also I cant verify on discord to talk about it because banned :( )

References of good conduct: Well I have played about 4 days on this server, and I have been upfront about that I played with my partner on the same server and we will be living together again in the future.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Re: Ban Appeal - Vehrsatz (Banned by Dendydoom)

Post by dendydoom » #698340

hi, thanks for taking the time to appeal.

the conversation we had in ahelps began with me asking you whether you had any other ckeys that you played under:
hey dude, do you have any other ckeys you play on by any chance?
dendydoom ➡ vehrsatz
2023-08-09T04:49:55
ckeys?? no I dont think so
vehrsatz ➡ dendydoom
2023-08-09T04:50:15
in retrospect, i can see that the term "ckey" can be confusing if you don't know what it is. i should have said "account" or something similar.

we don't allow people to play with multiple accounts here, so this is why i went ahead and banned your current account - if the other account we found really is yours, and you've lost access to it, then i will be able to ban the old one for you, unban your current account, then add a note to it to say that you've lost access to your old account and will be using this one instead. this way, no future admins will mistakenly ban you again.

i hope this sounds reasonable to you?
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Vehrsatz

Post by Vehrsatz » #698341

Yeah lets go ahead and ban that one, Also my gf lost her password too, her account is "Vermeer" or "Vermeer623" and will be making a new account too, so hope to avoid this with her as well. Vehrsatz is the long version of my name Vehr, so that is why I went with that. Sorry for the confusion
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #698343

Vehrsatz wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:31 am Yeah lets go ahead and ban that one, Also my gf lost her password too, her account is "Vermeer" or "Vermeer623" and will be making a new account too, so hope to avoid this with her as well. Vehrsatz is the long version of my name Vehr, so that is why I went with that. Sorry for the confusion
no apology necessary - i should've been clearer in our conversation instead of using confusing terms like "ckey". i apologize for making you go through the hassle of appealing.

your account should be unbanned now. your old one is banned, and you have a note on your account (the "view admin remarks" verb ingame can be used to view your note history) to say that this is a verified alt. this should clear up any confusion if future admins look into it.

as for your partner, once they make a new account, please ask them to ahelp the first round they play and explain that their old account needs to be banned. an admin will be able to do the same thing i just did and verify that their new account is the active one, and their old account will be banned.

please try connecting to the server when you're able - then post here to let me know if it works. then we'll be all done!
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Vehrsatz

Post by Vehrsatz » #698344

I am in, thank you for your help. Have a good night or morning.