sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

[Timberpoes] SinfulBliss - forumban

Post by sinfulbliss » #699225

BYOND account: sinfulbliss
Ban type: forum
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Image

Your side of the story: I started by making a cordial reply to admin Dendy over the Misdoubtful warning message. I expressed my disagreement in a respectful manner:
viewtopic.php?p=698887#p698887
To which he replied in an incredibly hostile manner:
dendydoom wrote:i know you dislike it. it's quite apparent that you don't like anyone asking anything of you, ever.[...]is it trampling on your sacred rights that much to ask "please don't piss on the floor in this thread, and if you want to do that, go make your own thread to piss in"?[...]yes, agreed. it's exhausting to have to explain things that should be simple.
viewtopic.php?p=698926#p698926
Now, I know I am not the paragon of civility or anything, but when I engage civilly, I expect civility in return. Since I wasn't given this, I replied thusly:
sinfulbliss wrote:
dendydoom wrote:i know you dislike it. it's quite apparent that you don't like anyone asking anything of you, ever.
stopped reading here. learn to have a respectful dialogue before you engage <3
viewtopic.php?p=698929#p698929
I am merely stating that I am not engaging if he cannot be civil.
To which Dendy replied:
dendydoom wrote:thank goodness, i wouldn't want you to hurt yourself thinking about it too hard.
viewtopic.php?p=698930#p698930
I read this immature little jab and realized civility was out the window. So I replied in kind, that I would not be surprised if in 3 years she came out saying she had only just turned 18 like many admins do.
viewtopic.php?p=698931#p698931
To which oranges replied,
oranges wrote:well at least they will grow up to act like an adult, unlike you sinful
viewtopic.php?p=698947#p698947
At which point I said what got me banned, linked in the ban reason.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
There is an expected level of civility in posting here. Going out of your way to stir up drama and/or otherwise make things unpleasant for everyone may result in getting kicked out of the Player's Club.
I was not the one to stir up drama -- as you can see I began the discussion civilly; things were made unpleasant and stirred up by others, and I replied in kind.
You can disagree with someone without being a hostile douchebag.
What would you have liked me to say exactly? "Dear oranges, I do disagree with your post stating that I have not yet grown up to be an adult."
If I am insulted I am going to reply in kind. It is perplexing to me that an admin and headcoder are allowed to say whatever they want, regardless of the hostility and tenor of their posts, but the moment I bite back, the gavel slams down.

Every rule that was cited against me in the ban reason can be applied to oranges' post. I find it unfair that I should be banned when I began the entire discussion civilly.
Was my reply an escalation? Of course, I will concede that. But I did not say anything untruthful -- you yourself had handled oranges' adminbus ban appeal, and I think you would agree I didn't say anything untrue, only uncomfortable and certainly unpleasant, which is to be fair against this rule. But it was not made to stir things up, to create drama and soil the atmosphere; it was made in reply to an attack made against me, which I did not begin or even invite. This should be a mitigating factor to take into consideration here.

Anything else we should know: I don't think the chances are good that you reverse your decision, so what I would like to appeal for is that the permanent Players Club ban expire with the forum softban, or that the softban could expire when the headmin threads are out so I can engage (in a civil manner!) with those.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Timberpoes] SinfulBliss - forumban

Post by Timberpoes » #699228

In your original appeal handled by San/Spook/Rave, it ended on the following note:
This ban was made for a trend of posting that was diffuse enough to not warrant immediate action over any one post. The appellant has further demonstrated their posting and rhetorical style in this appeal. They are committed to opposing the intended atmosphere of a community forum, specifically in regards to peanut discussions.

[Emphasis mine]Future teams should consider carefully whether they would like to re-introduce this content into the community.
Since then you've picked up the following warnings:
Spoiler:
The following warning was issued to this user
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=83&p=675609#p675609 .
Please be respectful of other users. You can disagree with someone without being a hostile douchebag.
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=83&p=690210#p690210

"ngl i didnt read this"

This is a contentless post that brings nothing to the conversation and falls under Forum Rule 1.

No spam. (Contentless posts, repeated posts, off topic posts)
IE: when you post: think: "what will this post bring to the conversation".
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=83&p=696256#p696256 .

Please do not compare people and events to the Gestapo, Aushwitz, etc.

There are more socially appropriate ways to be making comparisons that don't involve polarizing and extreme subjects prone to creating wanton amounts of drama as well as an alienating environment.
And finally this warning/ban combo from me just days after our headmin term upheld your last warning. This incident was a Ctrl-C Ctrl-V of going out of your way to make things unpleasant for people, with a contentless post ("your opinion is irrelevant because of [unrelated strawman attack]" posts tend to be contentless), rooted in causing yet more drama, while being a hostile douchebag in the process.

During last term you proved you struggled to meet the bare minimum standards of conversation to participate in the Player's Club; and those standards can get pretty low.

During this lone headmin term have re-proven that you still struggle to meet even the bare minimum standards for posting in the Player's Club after you were unbanned from it.

On a related note, every single one of your warnings after Dec 2021 have that little "f=83" in the link. That's the Player's Club.

So the Player's Club ban is permanent.

And for repeatedly breaking the global forum rules in the process of your Player's Club rule breaks you're also soft-banned from the rest of the forums for about a month.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #699241

Timberpoes wrote: And finally this warning/ban combo from me just days after our headmin term upheld your last warning. This incident was a Ctrl-C Ctrl-V of going out of your way to make things unpleasant for people, with a contentless post ("your opinion is irrelevant because of [unrelated strawman attack]" posts tend to be contentless), rooted in causing yet more drama, while being a hostile douchebag in the process.
How’s would you have liked me to reply to “sinful, you’ll never grow up to be an adult”? What is a “related” way to reply to that? Was that post full of content and mine wasn’t?

No, they were both equally devoid of content, they were both hostile, the difference is one person is a headcoder that you previously neglected to ban for sexual harassment because “we don’t want to know what would happen if we banned a headcoder,” whereas the other is a peanut poster that pissed off admins.

You brag about the Player’s Club being a unique place where players can disagree with admins and bans, but the ironic thing is it’s mostly just an admin circlejerk with a sprinkling of dickriding players that want to be noticed by trainers and candied.

Dissenting opinion is allowed right up to the point that someone in the adminteam gets uncomfortable with it, at which point the bountiful and flexible rules of “contentless posts” and “drama stirring” can be used to selectively stifle any voices you don’t like to hear. Notice the 2 headmins and 6 purple names stalking every thread that gets even remotely spicey before someone locks it preemptively.

If this is how the Player’s Club is going to be moderated then there is no real point in engaging in it. This was still my favorite term by the way regardless. Peace and love.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #699262

My previous ban against oranges is irrelevant here. This is your appeal.

What I say about the Player's Club is irrelevant here. This is your appeal. Part your conduct is based on the Global Forum Rules.

You weren't banned for dissenting or disagreeing. You were banned for being a hostile douchebag when posting something utterly pointless and unnecessary. You absolutely went out of your way to make your post unpleasant in general. You tripped over a bunch of rules in the process when you've already been permabanned from the Player's Club before.

And you are currently aware of the issues you that led up to your previous Player's Club ban because Rave very kindly itemised them for you and on your re-appeal, I mentioned the following:
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:44 am ...

Which means if you are unbanned it's very likely it'll be that you're set back to the position you'd have been in prior to that ban being placed, except now appropriately warned against your previous Player's Club posting habits.

That's really all there is to it.

Out of all those who speak out in the Player's Club, the boots and the ekats, when oranges rails on a ban or note he disagrees with or gets a tree lodged up his arse about something, when ducks calls out an admin for doing something they disagree with, when everyone jumps on Kendrickorium's case for making an utter Karen-tier complaint. Out of everyone, you are currently unique in being a complete cloaca about it all. Seeing a message that's about a 3 or a 4 and taking it straight to 11.

You said a thing; you were a hostile douchebag in saying it; it was utterly pointless to post even in the grand scheme of pointless posts; and it's something obviously micro-targetted to stir up a spicy little drama in discussion or at least be as unpleasant as you possibly could be given the circumstances.

And you did it with prior warnings for doing the same thing.

And you now got banned for it, because it's another SinfulBliss moment to add to the collection.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #699266

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:52 pmSeeing a message that's about a 3 or a 4 and taking it straight to 11.
Fuck around and find out, I’m not here to pull punches if someone is being a dick to me for no reason.

I have followed suit and fucked around and found out. I am okay with this outcome, this can be resolved.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #699267

o7 resolving, thanks for the chat.