Winters12
Byond Username: Robocakes

[Kinnebian] Milk - bad esc?

Post by Winters12 » #699350

BYOND account: Robocakes
Character name: Milk
Ban type: low - no esc
Ban length: 1 day

Ban reason: Banned from the server for 1 day - Broke the kneecaps of and almost spaced a chaplain over being hit for very minor damage (5 Damage). This isn't acceptable escalation.

Time ban was placed: 2023-08-13 15:22:36

Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 212447
Your side of the story:

Good evening,

So I was wondering why it was taking so long to load terry and was hit with a ban message, I am posting this in my defence

So it is true, I, milk did break the chaplains knees wanting to throw him out into space because he hit me once with his staff for five damage,

However what wasn’t mentioned was the fact that I was getting surgery at the time from someone using a wire cutter and that takes forever to fix any damage, the Chaplin just walked up, slapped me and walked off.

As well as the spacing? What wasn’t mentioned in the ban was that I collected a space suit for him. I wanted to put him in the launcher thing chaplains have with a space suit plus an oxygen tank on and launch him, I wasn’t trying to round end the guy, just teach him a lesson about randomly smacking people.
Plus launching out of that cannon thing is kinda based, but sec stopped me.

To finish off this, later on in that round both myself and the Chaplin got flashed by revs and I ended up dying because a rev shoved me making me lose my bat and allowing the non revs to end me, the Chaplin then dragged my body and threw it into a force field machine with an conveyor belt system attached, and a wall right behind it, so I was husked and basically unrevivable since no one does humonkeys anyways.

That is all I have to say about this ban and well, I would prefer it get stripped from my record since the ban note is so short and paints it in a completely different light to what it was.
or at the very least edit the note attached.

Oh and for the admin that applied the ban to look back at the rev Chaplin husking another rev.

A enjoyer of the low rp tgstation
-
milk
Attachments
Screen shot of the ban
Screen shot of the ban
Last edited by Winters12 on Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Re: Kinnebian - ban dispute

Post by Maxipat » #699351

Winters12 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:06 pm words
Not an admin, but you should follow the appeal template from here: viewtopic.php?p=284#p284 , otherwise admins just gonna ignore/delete your appeal.

Code: Select all

[b]BYOND account:[/b] BYOND account
[b]Character name:[/b] Character name at time of ban
[b]Ban type:[/b] Server/Role(s)/OOC/etc
[b]Ban length:[/b] Permanent, 5 days, etc
[b]Ban reason:[/b] Copy this from the server. If this is a server ban, attempt to connect. If it is not a server ban, view your notes with "View Admin Remarks" button under OOC tab in-game. An image is suitable, but do **not** paraphrase or otherwise modify the reason.
[b]Time ban was placed:[/b] Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.
[b]Server you were playing on when banned:[/b] Server name, eg, Bagil/Sybil/Terry/Event Hall
[b]Round ID in which ban was placed:[/b] Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 101235
[b]Your side of the story:[/b] Explain what happened in your own words.
[b]Why you think you should be unbanned:[/b] Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it.
[b]References of good conduct:[/b] If serverbanned and **especially** if permabanned, have you played on other servers during the time you were banned? Name them here, in many cases good references of conduct and character can be crucial to a successful appeal. Otherwise, feel free to remove this portion.
[b]Anything else we should know:[/b] If you have anything else you feel is relevant to your appeal, include it here. For example, if you have recently been banned from another server, or have had issues in other communities, it may be a preferable to be transparent and address that here, rather than them being brought up during the appeal process. If this section does not apply to you, feel free to remove it.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: Kinnebian - ban dispute

Post by kinnebian » #699359

Hey, good evening!
For reference, heres the escalation rules.
As a non-antagonist you may begin conflict with another player with valid reason (refusal of critical services, belligerent attitude, etc) OR if it does not excessively interfere with their ability to do their job. Whomever you engage is entitled to respond to your actions. If the conflict leads to violence and you had a poor reason for causing conflict in the first place, you may face administrative action.

If you are wronged, you are expected to handle the conflict non-lethally whenever possible, escalating in severity as the conflict continues. As the defending party the rate of escalation increases with you, up to and including violence, while the instigator is always able to respond in kind.

If a conflict leads to violence and either participant is incapacitated, the standing participant is expected to make an effort to treat the other, unless they have reason to believe the other was an antagonist. Once treated the conflict is over; any new conflict with either individual must escalate once again. If you get into a conflict again with that individual, they may be removed permanently from the round.

Conflict is automatically suspended when one participant is dead or incapacitated. A player who uses the state of incapacitation to take further action against the downed party chooses to extend the ongoing conflict past its original endpoint, and opens themselves up to further reprisal to avenge damage or recover stolen possessions.
I have highlighted the parts I feel are relevant.

Here is Carlarc hitting you once with their holy staff, dealing 5 damage.
► Show Spoiler
Heres you breaking their kneecaps three minutes later.
► Show Spoiler
Then, you made it clear you wanted to space the chaplain.
► Show Spoiler
Even with a space suit, you were still launching them off the station handcuffed, stripped, and with 2 broken legs.

The most relevant part of the LRP escalation rules is here:
If the conflict leads to violence and you had a poor reason for causing conflict in the first place, you may face administrative action.
You didnt have a great reason to gang up, strip them, and break both of their kneecaps to begin with, and you further overescalated by spacing them.
I have no intent of lifting this, im sorry.
respect (let him do his thing)
Winters12
Byond Username: Robocakes

Re: [Kinnebian] Milk - bad esc?

Post by Winters12 » #699395

Kinnebian, good to see a response so soon,

They where never spaced in the end like you mentioned in your reply, the out of brig warden intervened,
That round I had been attacked by a robotics member for breaking in, I was trying to make Medbots for medbay and they came at me with a saw so that round, I was already on edge from getting attacked already,

But if its final its final, Not much else I can do about it, I will agree that it wasn't the best decision to break his legs and ATTEMPT to space him with his bag, space suit and oxygen can.
But fuck me, I was sick of getting attacked already.

Thanks - Milk