HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Post by kinnebian » #698501

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=38&p=698498#p698498
looks like the new election is starting
are you running?
im running
who else is running?
are you excited for anyone in particular
have you already decided who you want to vote for?
respect (let him do his thing)
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Re: HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Post by AwkwardStereo » #700271

TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:55 am Team stereo lets fucking gooooo, we taking it home!!!
im voting armodias and you should too
► Show Spoiler
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #700275

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:05 am These candidates that have never been admins are making it kind of obvious that they don't know how TG is structured and that admins and headmins do not control code (outside of headmins controlling configs, I think?)
It's not player candidates saying these things
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #700280

dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:30 pm kids today dont know that the game was totally different pre-sethtide. it was much closer to what we call mrp today, and was considered the normal ss13 experience.
I wouldn't believe everything you hear from others regarding that. The server lineup was pretty much an alternation between Bagil or Sybil being popular, where Bagil was closer to NRP and Sybil was a good blend of LRP and MRP understandings about the game, smack dab in the middle and not leaning towards "modern MRP" any more than than it leaned towards "modern LRP". Sybil today leans more towards what Bagil was while Manuel is something that appealed to some of Sybil and a new breed of player who had no place to tolerate the game before due to their wish to constrain conflict in order to do whatever it is they do (social rp with nothing interrupting it).

Terry was there too, and was always portrayed as the worst of all three servers. I'd like to think there was a period where Bagil had them beat for that, but I wasn't playing there.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #700287

Honestly too much of a moving target for me to want to go back to this post and keep updating my endorsements.
Last edited by dirk_mcblade on Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #700288

Turbonerd wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:52 am
kinnebian wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:50 am
Turbonerd wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:47 am I am automatically going to put all these balance "headmin candidates" right at the bottom. We do not need dedicated balance testers or coders. This is not a competitive game. If players are doing nothing but getting the best gear, bonk the powergamers, and help the antags with fun admin events to inspire them with roleplay.

The separation is absolute.
elaborate on what you mean
just any of it
i dont understand
There are headmin candidates (kubi and bug) having dumb election based coding changes as their platform. It's not going to happen.
Excuse me, all I want to do is to let the server make its own path forward in all regards, instead of being dragged around by coder team that's basically untouchable, has 0 enforceable standards, and who basically do whatever they want, ignoring whoever else because players don't matter
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #700291

i wonder if the couple of months break before tg unforked would be good or bad for our issue tracker
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #700295

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:06 am i wonder if the couple of months break before tg unforked would be good or bad for our issue tracker
I actually do have a question.

Why is it that so many of the maintainers/the headcoders don't actually play the game? Why invest so much time into a game that you don't even want to play?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #700297

I couldn’t tell you for sure because i do intermittently play the game (i think i have the lowest tg hours logged of the coding team though)
but i imagine it’s just that it’s a creative outlet and making and maintaining things that you know people will use is inherently rewarding
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #700299

it’s like admins who stop playing after they realise that observer-dming is actually more fun for them
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #700300

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:17 am

Why is it that so many of the maintainers/the headcoders don't actually play the game? Why invest so much time into a game that you don't even want to play?
Game loses charm over time (a lot of why it was fun personally was the unknown, and coding sorta makes that known), but the good chemicals that come from improving it/making it easier to improve it are more longlasting. Specially when you can see those improvements visually/very quickly. Plus I've made friends with the people around it, and it's a fun hobby I like solving problems like these.
Also also it's kinda addictive tbh github should be regulated as a drug.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #700314

TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:32 am

Game loses charm over time (a lot of why it was fun personally was the unknown, and coding sorta makes that known), but the good chemicals that come from improving it/making it easier to improve it are more longlasting. Specially when you can see those improvements visually/very quickly. Plus I've made friends with the people around it, and it's a fun hobby I like solving problems like these.
Yep.

It's why I play on so many servers and why when my activity dips here it means I'm on them. Otherwise I could grow to dislike any server at any time.

Otherwise you'll end up knowing everything and it'll just be boring.
Hugs
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #700320

The more I read in these platform threads, the more I'm liking iain just because he's the only candidate who isn't tryharding for change when there simply might not need to be any. If my picks are iain who will probably just be boring but get the job done well or the people who want to delete felinids, fork the codebase, piss off all the coderbus maintainers into quitting, and unban anyone just for appealing, on god, I will just pick iain. There are so many bad picks that this is feeling less like picking the best candidate and more like picking the least bad one.

Or maybe Chadley.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #700340

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:27 am it’s like admins who stop playing after they realise that observer-dming is actually more fun for them
As a ghost main I can confirm that yes, not playing the game is more fun than playing the game.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #700343

Fren256 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:36 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:27 am it’s like admins who stop playing after they realise that observer-dming is actually more fun for them
As a ghost main I can confirm that yes, not playing the game is more fun than playing the game.
I love observing and am serially confused about people who get really upset about dyingnin the video game, that just means you can see everything else going on
Different strokes I guess
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #700350

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:06 am i wonder if the couple of months break before tg unforked would be good or bad for our issue tracker

Speaking to my own experience: coding gave me a way to improve the game, but that also made me much more critical of it. For a while it was fine, I'd just get ideas as I spent time in round, but eventually it just left me dissatisfied every time I played- because I'd see something I felt I could improve, get annoyed by it, and get so caught up in brainstorming ways to fix it that I'd forget how to enjoy the game for what it is. But me not wanting to play it doesn't mean that I don't enjoy SS13- I love designing for it, I love players enjoying what I make, I love writing up lore and making maps and creating new foods and all the stuff I like to add to the game. I presume that last sentiment is the same for the rest of the team, though I don't want to speak for them.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #700352

I just obtained footage of Striders in real life. Is this truly the headmin you want to vote for? (REAL FOOTAGE) (THIS IS MY SMEAR CAMPAIGN)
https://twitter.com/akiba2960/status/16 ... 6145250342
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #700354

finally got around to properly reading the posts and here is my tentative ranking

good:
cheshify - events good, more player polls would be nice even if coders would probably ignore half of them, im down for expanding into ss14 a little
animetiddies - i didnt think this one would be serious but the more i look it the more i actually agree with almost all of it. lrp/mrp seperation could go either way, escalation regulation for head roles sounds good, events good, hut deletions are fine
kinnebian - rulesbus is a good idea, events good, adminswap is a silly idea but it could be fun
sightid2 - high quality silipol takes and moths are funny, not a lot of meat but the silipol takes get a big thumbs up from me
fikou - i dont really care that much about silly ooc in ic but a lot of their technical stuff sounds good, mostly things i dont have experience getting involved in
wineallwine - funminning is fun, essayposting is meh, not really much of a platform but i like the spirit

eh:
bugstep - more rule 1 use is good, i dont really care either way about head role specism, wrangling coders into doing anything feels like a wasted effort but i like what theyre trying to do
armodias - note stuff sounds good, i'm not at all opposed to trying to get a manuel-specific headmin added, events good, im in favor of ais getting to be more antagonistic with bad laws, inactive admins arent that big a deal imo. overall 50-50 on their policy but doesnt sound terrible
generalthrax - im not an mrp player or an admintrainer so i have no opinion on any of this but they seem fine
iain0 - literal nothing platform but in the way where theyre just promising to not light the server on fire so yeah sure i guess thats fine
xpokee - i dont play mrp so shrug
awkwardstereo - its a meme platform but i cant put them in "bad" when one of their takes is silicon impartiality

bad:
johnfulp - probably the policy i disagree the most with without any of it being "this is dumb/will never happen". assistant maint access is fine imo, felinid removal is dumb, i dont care much about memey ooc in ic, mentors could go either way, please dont give goof headmin
iwishforducks - felinid removal is a bait platform
kubisopplay - theyre running on a main platform that nobody will ever accept and will just cause community drama but im glad someone has the balls to kill striders
gupta - theres barely any platform here so i have to go on ingame experience and they beat me up on sybil the other day so 0/10
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #700371

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:31 pm ...-I'm liking iain just because he's the only candidate who isn't tryharding for change when there simply might not need to be any-...
I think its difficult coming off a term who did so well(In my opinion)

The rest of us maybe feel like we need to bring something to the table. Because if all you want are status-quo mins? Well Iain0 is probably going to be better at that than us, even if we wanted to keep things the exact same. Most active admin + experience. Maybe that's defeatist of me, but like, if we're all promising to be boring, then who gets picked? Activity and experience are the first thing that comes to mind. I guess you could care about individual history to see how they handled appeals, policy, and such.

Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #700373

It's kind of fun to see myself at the top of so many tier lists.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #700406

TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:32 am Game loses charm over time (a lot of why it was fun personally was the unknown, and coding sorta makes that known), but the good chemicals that come from improving it/making it easier to improve it are more longlasting. Specially when you can see those improvements visually/very quickly. Plus I've made friends with the people around it, and it's a fun hobby I like solving problems like these.
EOBGames wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:39 pm Speaking to my own experience: coding gave me a way to improve the game, but that also made me much more critical of it. For a while it was fine, I'd just get ideas as I spent time in round, but eventually it just left me dissatisfied every time I played- because I'd see something I felt I could improve, get annoyed by it, and get so caught up in brainstorming ways to fix it that I'd forget how to enjoy the game for what it is. But me not wanting to play it doesn't mean that I don't enjoy SS13- I love designing for it, I love players enjoying what I make, I love writing up lore and making maps and creating new foods and all the stuff I like to add to the game. I presume that last sentiment is the same for the rest of the team, though I don't want to speak for them.
Both of these are actually very interesting answers! I can totally see that. I just hope y'all can wind up reaching the stage where you enjoy playing again. So you can properly see and enjoy the changes and improvements you've made, live and properly. :thumbsup:
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #700422

Sightld2 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:26 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:31 pm ...-I'm liking iain just because he's the only candidate who isn't tryharding for change when there simply might not need to be any-...
I think its difficult coming off a term who did so well(In my opinion)

The rest of us maybe feel like we need to bring something to the table. Because if all you want are status-quo mins? Well Iain0 is probably going to be better at that than us, even if we wanted to keep things the exact same. Most active admin + experience. Maybe that's defeatist of me, but like, if we're all promising to be boring, then who gets picked? Activity and experience are the first thing that comes to mind. I guess you could care about individual history to see how they handled appeals, policy, and such.
I mean if there was a GOOD change that should happen, like, last term we had "Hey we should allow streaming" as a topic which was why I wanted Rave in, since that was an obvious good idea, then it would be good. But look at the changes being proposed. "Delete felinids" "Fork MRP and LRP" "Create an MRP specific headmin" "stop/ban essayposting" etc. etc.

These are all so bad, that if implemented would create tons of drama and skewer our playerbase apart. And they're put forward as serious planks! I remember when Mothblocks was headmin, she (she?) warned me for calling Manuel players Manuelets because she was so concerned about server tribalism, but now only a couple of elections later and half the candidates are actively promoting server tribalism! Look at how divisive it is! I bet half the current candidates not only wouldn't warn me for that, they would give me a r*ddit accolade for the comment.

And you say it's a defeatist thought you had, but let me ask you this: Do you want to win? Or do you want what's best for the server? Which is more important to you?

If you can't come up with a good position or reason to say I should vote for you over iain, maybe you should just back him instead, since that's the same as admitting you think he's a better candidate for the current situation.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700429

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:10 pm I mean if there was a GOOD change that should happen, like, last term we had "Hey we should allow streaming" as a topic which was why I wanted Rave in, since that was an obvious good idea, then it would be good. But look at the changes being proposed. "Delete felinids" "Fork MRP and LRP" "Create an MRP specific headmin" "stop/ban essayposting" etc. etc.

These are all so bad, that if implemented would create tons of drama and skewer our playerbase apart. And they're put forward as serious planks! I remember when Mothblocks was headmin, she (she?) warned me for calling Manuel players Manuelets because she was so concerned about server tribalism, but now only a couple of elections later and half the candidates are actively promoting server tribalism! Look at how divisive it is! I bet half the current candidates not only wouldn't warn me for that, they would give me a r*ddit accolade for the comment.
very well said, i genuinely cant believe these are some of the topics being brought up
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #700431

Again, let’s be real here. Manuel wants nothing to do with the rest of the community, it’s the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower server. They shun LRPers with their metagangs when they try to join Manuel while also trying to legislate their style of fun onto the rest of the community. The Manuel elitists have no concept that people can have fun ways that aren’t exactly how they want to have fun. Let them do what they want, but don’t force LRP to become more insular and “metacliquey” just as LRP doesn’t force Manuel to lighten up.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700432

The Wrench wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:25 pm Again, let’s be real here. Manuel wants nothing to do with the rest of the community, it’s the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower server. They shun LRPers with their metagangs when they try to join Manuel while also trying to legislate their style of fun onto the rest of the community. The Manuel elitists have no concept that people can have fun ways that aren’t exactly how they want to have fun. Let them do what they want, but don’t force LRP to become more insular and “metacliquey” just as LRP doesn’t force Manuel to lighten up.
Sorry, have you ever played manuel, or did you just take the opinion of passing sybillites in 2020?
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #700443

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:10 pm I mean if there was a GOOD change that should happen, like, last term we had "Hey we should allow streaming" as a topic which was why I wanted Rave in, since that was an obvious good idea, then it would be good.

But look at the changes being proposed. "Delete felinids" "Fork MRP and LRP" "Create an MRP specific headmin" "stop/ban essayposting" etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong, I disagree with literally all of those takes, I'm just trying to put forward the mindset to why we might be seeing them.
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:10 pm And you say it's a defeatist thought you had, but let me ask you this: Do you want to win? Or do you want what's best for the server? Which is more important to you?
This is a silly question because of course I believe that what I want to do is for the best of the server. I wouldn't be running otherwise.
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:10 pm If you can't come up with a good position or reason to say I should vote for you over iain, maybe you should just back him instead, since that's the same as admitting you think he's a better candidate for the current situation.
Are you talking about me specifically or everyone?

'Cause that is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying, is that if you're absolutely happy with things as they are, then yeah Iain0 is a good choice, his whole platform is being neutral. This much is obvious.

I am not so happy. I want to babysit the silicon policy that Kiethdoubtfulpoes is currently writing and I believe I have the experience to do so, that I am more qualified to do so, than Iain0, as an example. I want to expand naming policy freedom in a way I do not think any status-quo min (Or one who has said he will remain neutral) would go for either. Pardon if that's just me repeating points in my thread, I digress.

In summary, I find it silly to raise certain obvious points in candidates' favor, when its clear that everyone is going to try and do that. I think its silly to say "I am going to try and handle appeals faster" well of course you are. No one's trying to do that slower. So when it comes down to "Who is going to do nothing the best?" well I think that's a difficult point to argue in one's favor. And I think this mindset is where some of the other candidates are.

I think I misunderstood your post at first. If your point is "half of these candidates just want to win via populist changes, not what is good for everyone," then I can see that perspective and apologize if I appeared to be defending that.

The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #700446

kinnebian wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:28 pm
The Wrench wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:25 pm Again, let’s be real here. Manuel wants nothing to do with the rest of the community, it’s the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower server. They shun LRPers with their metagangs when they try to join Manuel while also trying to legislate their style of fun onto the rest of the community. The Manuel elitists have no concept that people can have fun ways that aren’t exactly how they want to have fun. Let them do what they want, but don’t force LRP to become more insular and “metacliquey” just as LRP doesn’t force Manuel to lighten up.
Sorry, have you ever played manuel, or did you just take the opinion of passing sybillites in 2020?
Yes, I actually have tried to play manuel and the meta gangs were so unbearably awful. It turned me off of the concept.

I am not one to hate things because they are different so know that I actually genuinely try to give it a chance because I like Manuel as a concept, but I’ve found Sybil has just as high RP as Manuel without nearly as much fart huffing elitism
Last edited by The Wrench on Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #700449

I was going to have a long post responding to this, but I gave up because your post just amounts to you thinking that manuel works like this:

Server tribalism is stupid. Perhaps natural, but incredibly stupid.

Manuel has problems, but it isn't "they can sniff out the LRP N'wahs and meta grudge them" kind of problems.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #700450

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:11 pm I just obtained footage of Striders in real life. Is this truly the headmin you want to vote for? (REAL FOOTAGE) (THIS IS MY SMEAR CAMPAIGN)
https://twitter.com/akiba2960/status/16 ... 6145250342
I'm not even running :(
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #700451

I still think Manuel should be locked behind a monthly LRP playtime to remind the metagangers that there’s more to TG than your medbay gang clique.

dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #700467

The Wrench wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:12 pm I still think Manuel should be locked behind a monthly LRP playtime to remind the metagangers that there’s more to TG than your medbay gang clique.
What the h-

OI

IS SOMEONE HAVING FUN OVER THERE?

CUT THAT SHIT OUT
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #700474

The Wrench wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:12 pm I still think Manuel should be locked behind a monthly LRP playtime to remind the metagangers that there’s more to TG than your medbay gang clique.
i think terry should be locked behind a monthly mrp playtime to remind the tiders that there's more to tg than your deathmatch valids
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #700482

I said this I admin-chatter: SO ADMIN LEAK BAN HE:

I know the odds aren't on my side but I genuinely encourage other headmin candidates to not essay post. I care a great deal and yet I don't care enough to read that much
AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #700488

WineAllWine wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:23 pm I said this I admin-chatter: SO ADMIN LEAK BAN HE:

I know the odds aren't on my side but I genuinely encourage other headmin candidates to not essay post. I care a great deal and yet I don't care enough to read that much
I don't care. The last community I actively participated on their forum I was banned because a single person who paid $500 to be a board admin didn't want to read a post longer than 15 seconds. That story is more complicated than the broad stroke synopsis, but hearing people bitch and moan about reading irritates me just as much then as it did now.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #700491

AwkwardStereo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:45 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:23 pm I said this I admin-chatter: SO ADMIN LEAK BAN HE:

I don't care. The last community I actively participated on their forum I was banned because a single person who paid $500 to be a board admin didn't want to read a post longer than 15 seconds. That story is more complicated than the broad stroke synopsis, but hearing people bitch and moan about reading irritates me just as much then as it did now.
I genuinely dont know if you're being serious but it's clear I'm not suggesting that
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #700493

The worst I would do is nor read your post and ask you to write it again more succinctly
AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #700494

WineAllWine wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:48 pm
AwkwardStereo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:45 pm

I genuinely dont know if you're being serious but it's clear I'm not suggesting that
It's a culmination of years of seething and generally just seeing the same shit back then that I have been seeing around here lately in regards to people just tiring of "wall posting" (not just in that link, it's just the first and only example I care to grab).

It's tiring, it brings up bad memories, and it really is like seeing history repeat itself for me. No, that story is not a joke, it really did happen and I am still quite assmad about it because the Project Lead just threw his hands up in the air and let the admin and dev teams engage in a civil war. I was on the side that lost (we did not pay $500 to win). No I don't think I'll get banned for it, especially not if I don't fork money over, but it's enough to remind me.
WineAllWine wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:49 pm The worst I would do is nor read your post and ask you to write it again more succinctly
You're free to ask that of me. Whether I do or do not is up to how I would feel on the day. I'm sorry for the hostile tone but the old scar still itches.
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #700505

nianjiilical wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:48 pm
i think terry should be locked behind a monthly mrp playtime to remind the tiders that there's more to tg than your deathmatch valids
Thing is, I can RP on terry better than I could on Manuel. They may be mentally damaged slug people there, but they’re open to new faces. Manuel is a staticname hell of meta friends and I guarantee you if the the cuques were to be broken up as per the rules Manuel would die. It’s a chat room for burned out TG players.

Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #700506

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:31 pm The more I read in these platform threads, the more I'm liking iain just because he's the only candidate who isn't tryharding for change when there simply might not need to be any. If my picks are iain who will probably just be boring but get the job done well or the people who want to delete felinids, fork the codebase, piss off all the coderbus maintainers into quitting, and unban anyone just for appealing, on god, I will just pick iain. There are so many bad picks that this is feeling less like picking the best candidate and more like picking the least bad one.

Or maybe Chadley.
I like this chadley gal.
► Show Spoiler
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700514

The Wrench wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:03 pm
Yes, I actually have tried to play manuel and the meta gangs were so unbearably awful. It turned me off of the concept.

I am not one to hate things because they are different so know that I actually genuinely try to give it a chance because I like Manuel as a concept, but I’ve found Sybil has just as high RP as Manuel without nearly as much fart huffing elitism
But youve only played 24 minutes total across both of your accounts on scrubby, unless im reading something wrong
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #700515

kinnebian wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:11 am

But youve only played 24 minutes total across both of your accounts on scrubby, unless im reading something wrong
I played one shift on Manuel and that’s all I needed to see. I may end up, revisiting it in the future but seeing the outright hostility here over silly nonsense In regards to Manuel doesn’t really paint a good picture.

kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700516

The Wrench wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:12 am

I played one shift on Manuel and that’s all I needed to see.
Is one shift ever going to be enough to judge a server and its players so harshly and in its entirety?
Hell, that wasnt even one shift. It was 24 minutes.
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #700518

kinnebian wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:14 am

Is one shift ever going to be enough to judge a server and its players so harshly and in its entirety?
The experience was that awful, but you know what..

I’ll play ball. I will try a few shifts with my static from Sybil. Maybe I just got critically unlucky with the people who joined that day.

kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #700522

The Wrench wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:16 am
kinnebian wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:14 am

The experience was that awful, but you know what..

I’ll play ball. I will try a few shifts with my static from Sybil. Maybe I just got critically unlucky with the people who joined that day.
we're so fucking back
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #700525

I've played 86 rounds on manuel according to scrubby and I could fully agree with ADAMS ADAM WHAT DOES IT MEAN ADAM I CAN SEE INTO THE RIDGES YOU DONT LIKE THE SCRUNCHED UP NAME i could fully agree with that take on manuel and pwn kineb into the sun and win the internet. So I will.
The Capsandi wrote:Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:03 pm Yes, I actually have tried to play manuel and the meta gangs were so unbearably awful. It turned me off of the concept.

Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #700526

Kubisopplay wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:52 am
Turbonerd wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:52 am
kinnebian wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:50 am
Turbonerd wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:47 am I am automatically going to put all these balance "headmin candidates" right at the bottom. We do not need dedicated balance testers or coders. This is not a competitive game. If players are doing nothing but getting the best gear, bonk the powergamers, and help the antags with fun admin events to inspire them with roleplay.

The separation is absolute.
elaborate on what you mean
just any of it
i dont understand
There are headmin candidates (kubi and bug) having dumb election based coding changes as their platform. It's not going to happen.
Excuse me, all I want to do is to let the server make its own path forward in all regards, instead of being dragged around by coder team that's basically untouchable, has 0 enforceable standards, and who basically do whatever they want, ignoring whoever else because players don't matter
Your platform is just having nuclear war with the /tg/ codebase, then forking. Your replacement repo would just be led by NEET ideas guys balancing this game like it's some competitive MMO. Why would anyone want that?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #700529

The key with Manuel is avoiding its community.

If you can just treat it as an LRP server where you're expected to put in a little more effort to interact and RP, you're basically set.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #700538

First Manny shift, Unremarkable, Wasn't that much different than my home Sybil. Eh out of ten

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #700548

Capusandie! (From "We love Capusandie!") paramilitary promotional video wrote: Hey headmin candidates, suffocation has been in /tg/ station since the start, but some of your fellow headmin wanabees think its time is up. Could we get some opinions on this?
KINEBEAN wrote: [low effort edited stock image in dire need of resizing]
Preventing entropic concept decay is hard so im gonna ignore it
Unspecified Thrax wrote: I think removing the requirement to breathe would really make the game more intuitive as well as open the door to players who might not be good at breathing. I mean i see all sorts of players suffocating outside airlocks they thought led to security(they are red)! I don't think forcing our players to breathe to enforce a setting is worth the hassle.
Gigaley wrote: [low effort edited stock image in dire need of resizing with slightly less self awareness]
GODDAMMIT CHADLEY I AM TRYING TO AUTHOR A JOKE WITH A THRULINE HERE WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE SUCH A GREAT TAKE ON THE NONHUMAN COMMAND QUESTION I STILL HATE BOARD AVATAR POSTERS
willardtomjohn wrote: I could get behind suffocation being removed. It should be the player's choice to breathe if they so choose. Forcing players to react to suffocating, or to avoid suffocation reeks of game design which would make me a game designer. Such thoughs stir my very soul with fright. Now if you excuse me I need to evade orange's attempts to put my child leash back on. Last time he leashed me next to the limp corpse of Travis CL bot which really creeped me out what with its lack of unit testing.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #700552

Chadley wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:44 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:31 pm The more I read in these platform threads, the more I'm liking iain just because he's the only candidate who isn't tryharding for change when there simply might not need to be any. If my picks are iain who will probably just be boring but get the job done well or the people who want to delete felinids, fork the codebase, piss off all the coderbus maintainers into quitting, and unban anyone just for appealing, on god, I will just pick iain. There are so many bad picks that this is feeling less like picking the best candidate and more like picking the least bad one.

Or maybe Chadley.
I like this chadley gal.
Just look at some of these randomly selected Chadley supporters!

Mrr hurrdurr hm hurr!
-

Da, Chadley good candidate. Is nice.
-

But of course I voted for Chadley, t'was a foregone conclusion! They are, indubitably, the most magnificent of candidates for this position!
-

I like this chadley gal.
this is a reference to Toddposting, please don't take it as an insult.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #700555

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:39 am
Chadley wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:44 am

Or maybe Chadley.
I like this chadley gal.
Just look at some of these randomly selected Chadley supporters!

Mrr hurrdurr hm hurr!
-

Da, Chadley good candidate. Is nice.
-

But of course I voted for Chadley, t'was a foregone conclusion! They are, indubitably, the most magnificent of candidates for this position!
-

I like this chadley gal.
this is a reference to Toddposting, please don't take it as an insult.
All real people. Very real. Not fake alternative personalities.
► Show Spoiler
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #700557

Yeah idk where all that was coming from, Maneul is not some bastion of RP its just like sybil with slightly more attentive admins