pik09
Byond Username: Pik09

[Thedragmeme] Luke Renolds

Post by pik09 » #701006

BYOND account: Pik09
Character name: Luke Renolds
Ban type: All Servers
Ban length: 1440 Days & 1 Day
Ban reason: MRP Rule 6 and Escalation Policy: Killed another player & MRP Rule 6, Rule 1, and Escalation Policy: Killed another player because they shot them with a toy gun as a non-antagonist.
Time ban was placed: 2023-08-20 15:58:59 & 2023:08-20 16:00:06
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 212985
Your side of the story: Yeah so I get the one day ban but I don't know why I was banned for a long time, at an earlier point in time prior to my ban, which when I only learned about after rejoining. I was banned for a longer time time stamped at an earlier point in time which confuses me.
References of good conduct: Admin logs, I am quite reasonable and I have a clean case of conduct on /tg/
Anything else we should know: My initial ban was for an honest mistake, as I had never even seen a fake gun in the game and I got panicked as we have been having issues throughout the shift with antags and I was really on edge. Obviously I acted out of proportion but I believed I was being murdered and that my vest had somehow kept me healthy while I was being shot at. It was an honest mistake.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Thedragmeme] Luke Renolds

Post by Vekter » #701009

I think I know what happened here.

Our banning tools automatically default to "1440" and has a dropdown that lets us set the interval which defaults to "minutes". That means that just filling everything out and clicking "Save" bans you for a full day.

What probably happened was that Drag set the dropdown to "days" by accident without changing the number to "1", so it banned you for a couple of years. I'll talk to her and get it fixed assuming this was unintentional.
Last edited by Vekter on Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
pik09

Post by pik09 » #701010

Thank you
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #701011

I spoke to Drag and this was indeed unintentional, it has been fixed.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #701012

Got damn admin tools. Yes, the ban was only supposed to be a day ban.
pik09

Post by pik09 » #701013

Thanks for swiftly responding to this, I appreciate it