[Sightld2] Admeer

Appeals which have been closed.
Admeer
Byond Username: Admeer

[Sightld2] Admeer

Post by Admeer » #701827

BYOND account: Admeer
Character name: Random plasmaman name (Palladium III ?)
Ban type: Full?
Ban length: 2 days
Ban reason: [DEAD] "fucking faggot lag." this is an older returning player who was warned in the past for dropping slurs when things didn't go their way.
Time ban was placed: 2023-08-27 09:54:19
Round ID in which ban was placed: 213471
Your side of the story: I'm only posting this appeal because I feel like @ing mins on discord isn't a good idea. Is this just like, an auto-ban? I didn't ever see a warning or like a "Hey, don't do that". Its not like I was trying to be homophobic - I just died and I said a knee jerk response. I am sorry if it offended anyone, that was not my intention.
As for the extra part of the ban reason, really? Three or five years ago I said something that I regret. But please don't act like this has been a common occurrence lately.
Why you think you should be unbanned: If it was an auto-ban, I probably look pretty stupid. In any case, I am actually sorry if I offended you (or anyone else). To be homophobic or use it as a slur was not my intent - I think thats shown in how I used it. In the future, I know not to say things like this anymore on /tg/ serve
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Re: [Sightld2] Admeer

Post by Sightld2 » #701842

Admeer wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:04 pm "I didn't ever see a warning or like a "Hey, don't do that"
I did infact PM you, when you didn't respond I just went ahead with this. Maybe I could have poked you again, that's fair.
Admeer wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:04 pm Its not like I was trying to be homophobic - I just died and I said a knee jerk response. I am sorry if it offended anyone, that was not my intention.
I know that, that's why this wasn't worse.
Admeer wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:04 pm But please don't act like this has been a common occurrence lately.
It's not my intention to make it seem like a common occurrence.

I'll remove the ban and that last portion of the note if it seems that way, but the rest of the note I would rather stay. Sound fair?
Last edited by Sightld2 on Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #701844

Ok update I am really trying to sleep here so in the interest of speeding things up for you, I have already unbanned you and edited the note. If that is satisfactory for you, then we're good, if not please let me know. Long and short of it: Don't get mad and say slurs in the derogatory sense.

Admeer
Byond Username: Admeer

Post by Admeer » #701848

Sorry about that. I genuinely didn't see the message, else I would have replied. That's partially my fault because I'm too lazy to setup multiple chat tabs. I'm okay with the revised note. Thank you.