BYOND account: 13thSky
Character name: Skye Zymara
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: See above.
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 214015
Your side of the story: I did share a lot of screenshots and recountings of my rounds, but the screenshots and info I shared were after round ends.
Why you think you should be unbanned: To the best of my knowledge, I don't think a rule infraction took place.
References of good conduct:
Anything else we should know:
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: [Cheshify] 13thSky

Post by Cheshify » #702797

We have evidence of metacomms from you. On round On round 19550 at [2022-12-03 15:24:52.182] server time I made a central command announcement saying:
ADMIN: Cheshify/(Cera Beruse) has created a command report: "Agents. Most of you have not done a single objective for us. This is disappointing, severely.", sent from "The Syndicate" with the sound "default_announcement".
Shortly after, on a private server you posted:

Note the times: XX:24 & XX:25. We know this not to be an hour later once the round already ended because this was followed by:

Which was another instance that you metacommed over:

Same position, same time, also posted at XX:48 before roundend at XX:50.
[2022-12-03 15:50:36.361] GAME: The round has ended.
/////////////////////////

That's all the evidence stuff out of the way. Now, I want to talk about metacomming. There are very few things that nearly every ss13 server/roleplaying game all share in their ruleset, but preserving the integrity of the experience by keeping information inside the round is the minimum of expectation. You were not a problem player, and it's sad that you chose to break rule 2, I cannot accept this appeal.

I will be happy to review an appeal with a vouch of good conduct in approximately 5 months, whenever you feel like you've proven yourself and are ready to return, as well as having someone to back that statement.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
PanoplyOfTenAndThree
Byond Username: 13thSky

Post by PanoplyOfTenAndThree » #702800

So at that point, I'd been playing the game for less than a month, and the announcement is visible to literally every player.

I apologize for the issue and do realize I shouldn't have shared that, but I also feel this is extremely harsh punishment for doing something when I was brand new and not sharing anything that could possibly have been of any use to anyone.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702804

PanoplyOfTenAndThree wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:58 pm So at that point, I'd been playing the game for less than a month, and the announcement is visible to literally every player.

I apologize for the issue, but I also feel this is extremely harsh punishment for doing something when I was brand new and not sharing anything that could possibly have been of any use to anyone.
That's the thing, it's not visible to people in the lobby or not playing the game. We have very low standards for roleplay, one of that being "do not discuss the game out of character." It's harmful to the game, and doing so in a private server with your friends doesn't give admins a chance to help them correct the rulebreak quickly (also, it had been a month without reading the rules?). If you want some advice from someone who empathizes with you, take a break, avoid metacords, get a vouch, and come back. You are not a bad player, you made one massive fuck-up and we want to see a positive appeal in the future.

2. Do not use information gained outside of in-character means.
I.e. metagaming. This especially refers to communication between players outside of the game via things like Discord, known as metacomms.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
PanoplyOfTenAndThree

Post by PanoplyOfTenAndThree » #702807

Please mark this as resolved, then.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702852

Re-opening this appeal because I'm a head admin and nobody can stop me.

So, as a team we've chosen to look into this appeal again, and are going to be running further deliberations and investigations (We are Requesting a Headmin Review but on ourselves). It won't be resolved yet, and we will be posting in this tread more.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #703254

We've given a lot of internal discussion to 13thsky in particular and, receiving vouches of character from several sources that we hold in good faith and were in no way involved in the discord or 'catgang' itself. With these discussions, we as a headmin team have decided that a month ban is more fitting, which is in line with typical final warning punishments.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
PanoplyOfTenAndThree

Post by PanoplyOfTenAndThree » #703292

Thank you for the second chance, and thank you to those that supported me. I'll be much more careful.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #703304

Best of luck with using your break productively.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta