Byond Username: Gopnikedgelord

[Iansdoor] Gopnikedgelord - Falsely banned by mistake

Post by armament0 » #717943

Ban Details
BYOND account: Gopnikedgelord
Character name: John Daltonn
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: 2 days
Ban reason: As detective, shot at a GPS signal that was labelled "don't shoot me" and gibbed the HoS and engineer with the BSA
Time ban was placed: 2024/01/10 17:03:33
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 221968

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections

Before explosion that gibbed hos and engineer : I saw the bluespace artillery located in the security office, as a relatively new player to /tg/ i immediately started to look for its ui so i could see how it works. Another player pointed to a console left of the gun and i clicked on it and saw the ui. After a second or two of reading I closed the UI and went somewhere else without interacting with any of the buttons or things in the UI, deciding that the hos probably allows this and their office to be destroyed by the lasers, after a minute or so there was a massive explosion right outside of brig, which i assume to be the one i am accused of causing.

I can understand that i would be suspected to be the one who fired the bse because i did click on its console but i wouldn't have made an appeal if i actually did fire it. If simply opening the ui was enough to cause the bse to fire then that can be attributed to a flaw in the game's code rather than player error, especially new and ignorant player error.

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: No
If no, please provide more details: As stated in my reason for appealing, the note is incorrect and does not allign with what happened in game.
Supporting logs: https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/221 ... attack.txt - Cannot find anything related to me firing bse
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Iansdoor] Gopnikedgelord - Falsely banned by mistake

Post by oranges » #717946

I looked at the href log for this round, the following people fired the BSA
demirpl
androidincrew
oaku
mysticmidgit
spaghetter
shadowstorem0
sk1wass3r
timuar
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #717949

I'm lazy as shit but here are the game logs that would have been shown:
► Show Spoiler
There is also a log of all launched artillery:
► Show Spoiler
Oranges also already covered href log for who actually fired the BSA. BSA explosion game logs that show in-game to admins about who last touched it instead of who actually fired it. Thats a weird oversight to be existing, but it can partly explain things.
Hugs
armament0
Byond Username: Gopnikedgelord

Post by armament0 » #717951

oranges wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:14 pm I looked at the href log for this round, the following people fired the BSA
demirpl
androidincrew
oaku
mysticmidgit
spaghetter
shadowstorem0
sk1wass3r
timuar
Well there we go, sorry for not providing the correct logs
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #717955

Hey there

I am sorry. I got a log with you coughing and touching the computer while someone pressed the button. So the explosion was assigned to your person, to which you were disconnected two minutes and I couldn't hear the story. Yeah, I am learning more and having that text issue fixed.

I'll unban you in a moment.
[2024-01-10 16:53:12.777] GAME-EMOTE: Gopnikedgelord/(John Daltonn) (mob_3383) coughs! (Security Office (203,147,2))
For reference, What I saw. My ghost is where you are coughing and the red box is the computer.
For reference, What I saw. My ghost is where you are coughing and the red box is the computer.
oaku

Post by oaku » #717961

I'd like to make it known that the GPS was actually labelled as "Shoot at me" and not as "don't shoot me".

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/221 ... e=game.txt
04:52:28 GAME Bobbussus/(Gavin Hujsak) (mob_3898) renamed the global positioning system (not-SM) to "global positioning system (Shoot at me)".
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #717963

oaku wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:01 pm I'd like to make it known that the GPS was actually labelled as "Shoot at me" and not as "don't shoot me".

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/221 ... e=game.txt
04:52:28 GAME Bobbussus/(Gavin Hujsak) (mob_3898) renamed the global positioning system (not-SM) to "global positioning system (Shoot at me)".
Let's reclarify the position of where they marked to hit the SM with BSA, with a floating GPS.
[2024-01-10 16:52:28.584] GAME: Bobbussus/(Gavin Hujsak) (mob_3898) renamed the global positioning system (not-SM) to "global positioning system (Shoot at me)". (Supermatter Engine Room (91,114,2))
Edited: and were those two were gibbed.
04:53:37 GAME Explosion with size (3, 6, 12, 12) in (Starboard Primary Hallway (187,129,2))
That is 96 on the x-axis, 15 on the y-axis.