Elite444

Character name at time of ban:
Can't remember

Banning admin:
Subtlegraces

Ban reason and length:
The ban reason is: Griefer - Kindly fuck off. Permaban

Time ban was placed (including time zone):
2014-08-15 23:44:06, UTC - 6 (Central Standard Time)

Your side of the story:
I was banned after attacking the Chaplin with a screwdriver. My intent at the time was to blind the victim, and run away afterwards

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I enjoy this server, and some of the players are cool too. I can promise it won't happen again as I understand that ruining someones round for enjoyment is a pretty shitty thing to do.
Cancer crew.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Re: Banana Apeel - Elite444

Post by Subtle » #25193

I just want to be clear that this (despite the rather inflammatory and undescriptive ban reason) is for metacommunication.

Ended up explaining to the other fellow on BYOND-messenger that if these bans were lifted it would be only the one of them.
Have you two decided that you'd be the unbanned account? I'm kind of wary about lifting it considering the circumstances but we can certainly discuss it.
JoshB

Post by JoshB » #25516

I don't really want Elite to be unbanned if it means that I will stay banned forever. We did metacommunicate some, but I never attacked someone unprovoked, whereas Elite randomly decided to blind the chaplain (I did tell him to stop in IC chat), which seemed to be what ultimately caused the admin to ban both of us.
Subtle

Post by Subtle » #25748

I'm sorry but when it comes to grief attached to metacommunication that's the standard policy we have.

He saved you via it and went on to randomly attack other players, if you two decide that you'd be the one unbanned we might be willing to remove the other after some time observing your conduct in game. If that's not acceptable I can't really budge on this.
elite444
Byond Username: Elite444

Post by elite444 » #26051

Subtle wrote:I'm sorry but when it comes to grief attached to metacommunication that's the standard policy we have.

He saved you via it and went on to randomly attack other players, if you two decide that you'd be the one unbanned we might be willing to remove the other after some time observing your conduct in game. If that's not acceptable I can't really budge on this.
This seems fine to me. Go ahead with it.
Cancer crew.
Subtle

Post by Subtle » #26071

Alright, seems solid to me and you've certainly waited long enough.

I'll set a note for you regarding the situation and we'll re-examine things in about a week.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #26594

It was awhile ago but I believe I was the chaplain that round, and I urge you not to un-ban either of the two. I was a traitor that round and I was being really covert, so you kind of ruined my round by making me wait for fucking eye surgery and that eye medicine. It was a really shitty thing to do and it had absolutely no IC justification. You knew what would happen when you decided to grief someone, and now you're stuck with the consequences. The fact that meta was involved just strengthens my point.

Can you, by any chance, remember the name of the chaplain? The previous posts are describing my situation exactly, forgive me if I wasn't involved.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Subtle

Post by Subtle » #27684

It appears that Elite444 has been playing pretty consistently since the unban.

No punishments or notes applied by other admins in that time, so considering your friend has been gone about three weeks now I'll accept that as punishment enough for for what happened to the Chaplain. I'll lift his ban, but if either of you start demonstrating fishy cooperation or griefy behavior in the same area we'll be right back to square one. Do not pass go, no spessbucks, all that jazz. Him especially considering the current trend of behavior.

Best bet is to treat one another like you'd treat anyone else on the station.