[CreationPro] Mugumbe - Silicon ban/I wish to make amends

Appeals which have been closed.
Mugumbe

[CreationPro] Mugumbe - Silicon ban/I wish to make amends

Post by Mugumbe » #25262

Byond account and character name: Mugumbe - NIGGERPENIS - 8000

Banning admin: CreationPro

Ban reason and length: Violation of the First law, and I believe it's a permanent Job ban.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Saturday Aug 23, 2014 (American central time)

Your side of the story: Before I say anything, let me state that at this time, I was VERY new to the game. However, I know that is NO excuse for violating the first law, especially in such a way that it contributes to the ruination of someones experience. I just want it to be out there that anything I did was out of lack of experience , not out a desire to griff.

As this is a ban for something that happened a month ago, I have a relative Idea of what happened. What I can remember from that round was that partway into the shift, after I was borged, I was patrolling around medbay when I was told to capture a mime that was escaping from security.

At this point, I was told (by the captain I believe) that I was to drag the mime into the DNA modifier. At the time I didn't really think much of this, and I was merely following orders. I certainly didn't consider that the mime was being harmed, and since the mime could not talk (understandably) I did not understand at that time that the mime was not only being unfairly punished for a very minor crime, but was also being killed by what was happening to him.

I had no experience with genetics at that point, and knew nothing about toxin damage or radiation. Once again, that's no excuse. I stood guarding the DNA machine to drag the escaping mime back into for a good amount of time I believe, as he kept escaping. Towards the end of the round, I cuffed and brought the mime to the shuttle.

Why you think you should be unbanned: This is the tough part. I know now looking back that I helped ruin someones round, and that is a real garbage thing to do, unknowingly or not. I always try to hold myself to a higher standard when playing games, and not just SS13. It is absolutely not me to go out of my way to make someone else suffer for kicks. And if I had realized at the time that I had really fucked up, I honestly would have apologized for it and would have tried to make amends.

But I've learned alot about this game since then, especially the absolute importance of holding yourself to a higher standard, and to always analyze your actions when playing as a silicon. I do my best to ensure that I follow Rule 1 when playing as any role. I would like to think that I've grown into an adapt AI player since the incident, and I would also suspect that a few players on here would say I'm a good AI in terms of being as helpful as possible and staying within the confines of my laws. I've learned to ask the admins if I have any questions about the validity of an order.

I know I deserve some sort of punishment for my actions, it's only fair, but I would be really hurt if I couldn't play AI anymore on this server. I really enjoy /tg/station and I enjoy the players here, and I would be willing to do anything to show that I'm truly sorry, and that something like this will not happen again.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Re: [CreationPro] Mugumbe - Silicon ban/I wish to make amend

Post by CreationPro » #25271

The ban wasn't as much a punishment as a way to address the situation itself. It was a week initially and I only made it so that I could either understand your intent (which I now do), or use it as a punishment in case I wouldn't be able to contact you.

Thank you for addressing the situation at hand, I've lifted the ban.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;