[Saegrimr] John Kalashnikov - "Firebombing"

Appeals which have been closed.
Goonka

[Saegrimr] John Kalashnikov - "Firebombing"

Post by Goonka » #27631

Byond account and character name: Goonka93, John Kalashnikov

Banning admin: Saegrimr

Ban reason and length: 1 Day, "Firebombing People I Don't Like"

Time ban was placed (including time zone): About 6 AM EST.

Your side of the story: First firebomb accidentally hit a security guard while aimed for the clown (Who was under a kill order from the captain, AI laws were changed to kill him, AND security was already after him). I was jailed appropriately for 3 minutes, and I believe the clown was executed for his crimes.
Second firebomb was after the HoP (Jill Something?) revoked my access. I went from a Lawyer to literally less than an assistant. As such, the only way to settle my grievance was to plant a firebomb on her desk (After deliberately telling Security of my intentions over the security headset). Her reinforced glass door protected her. After that, an appropriate response would have been to tell security to arrest me again.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It was purely an IC issue. Nobody was killed. Nobody was in any danger of being killed. Was I a bit overzealous in my attack of the clown? Perhaps, but I paid a price IC for it. Without access, what were my options? Sue her? Attack the other lawyer and gank them for their ID? Sit in the bar for the rest of the round lamenting my loss?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] John Kalashnikov - "Firebombing"

Post by Saegrimr » #27652

Amusingly, the clown had uploaded the laws ordering the AI to kill the clown.

Why is the lawyer carrying around a briefcase full of firebombs in the first place?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Goonka

Post by Goonka » #27696

Honestly, I haven't played in a year (RIP Kor Phaeron) and saw them in the changelog. In character, John Kalashnikov is a survivor of the Finnish-Russo war (documented in the library) and takes his security very seriously.

In addendum: I thought they were tiny baby bombs. I was not aware they could damage walls like that. After reading the wiki it seems they're a bit more powerful than I anticipated.
edit: I just feel like a day ban is a bit lengthy. And I'd really like to hop back on before 6AM tonight.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #27715

I don't think it was an officer you hit, I think it was the HoP equipped with riot suit and guns. Maybe that's why you got your access revoked, he probably got mad.

The HoP stole armory items, he probably deserved an IED.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #27735

Ban removed, just cut it with the explosives as a nonantag.

I seem to have to explain this rule a lot lately.

http://www.tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
RULE 3 wrote:Randomly murdering people is generally considered to be ruining someone’s fun and poor form in roleplay. If you don’t have a solid IC reason for murder, you may be removed. Trying to justify it with ‘My character is so random/insane’ is not tolerated.
This means "But my character is a _____!" is not a good excuse.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.