[Skorvold] Banned for following admin ruling

Appeals which have been closed.
GayPlague

[Skorvold] Banned for following admin ruling

Post by GayPlague » #30301

Title:
[skorvold] GayPlague - Ban/jobban misunerstanding?

Post Content:
GayPlague and random character name
Banning admin: Skorvold
Ban reason and length: indefinite jobban of anything from detective to HoS.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 11:30 EST
Your side of the story: Shortly after round start, I had to go afk as CE due to a very urgent matter (friend's mom had a heart attack) so I politely slipped inside a nearby locker to be out of the way. I come back and find myself perma'd, after being told that "the captain wanted you demoted." Security, the HoS and even the borg simply would not listen to me. Every time I said I was being held without a crime or charge, I was progressively locked down more and more, until I was muzzled and straight jacketed in perma while the shuttle left. Throughout the round, I was asking the admins just what the hell was going on. They told me that it was "not big deal" and to "chill" because sometimes stuff happens. I went over the rules again, showing them that there are rules against griefing and random permaing. Again they rebuked me, saying me being perma'd despite not breaking a law is not against the rules. The captain at round said that he simply ordered a demotion.

The next round, to help the admins see just exactly what is wrong with their interpretation of the rules, I put the lawyer in the permabrig. I notify the admins, asking if this is allowed, saying that if it is not allowed, then just tell me and I will release the lawyer. They didn't give me a clear answer, so I just let the lawyer out anyway because I didn't want to ruin his round like mine was ruined before. While I was taking him out of perma, I was job banned and banned form the server without even having my rules question addressed.

Why you think you should be unbanned: If there are "rulings" on server rules and admins don't have to listen to earnest appeals to the server rules, that's 100% fine. But you can't make a ruling like that and then ban me when I simply follow that ruling as it was used on me. I believe that the rules make sense and exist to make the game fun, and this round, the rules just weren't acknowledged despite me doing everything possible to make it clear that I was being griefed.
Last edited by Jordie0608 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrects topic name
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: [Skorvold] Banned for following admin ruling

Post by Skorvold » #30307

Rounds over now.

I'll lower the Security Jobban if you recognize that specifically taking the HoS job slot to specifically grief another player was an incredibly stupid thing to do.

I can hardly bring myself to even offer that, as doing something to another player because you didn't like an administrative ruling is so outrageously bad, that I'm not sure if someone like you should ever be allowed to play a Security role.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #30309

we muzzled you because you kept spamming the chat.
GayPlague

Post by GayPlague » #30312

I am still banned from the server, hope this gets addressed