[quartzcrystal] Doctah Yagi - Banned for stripping myself.

Appeals which have been closed.
Doctah Yagi Two

[quartzcrystal] Doctah Yagi - Banned for stripping myself.

Post by Doctah Yagi Two » #33722

Byond account and character name: doctahyagi Looks-of-Jade (Formally) Hardy (After body swap).
Banning admin: quartzcrystal
Ban reason and length: "I made multiple warnings about stripping disconnected players. I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THIS." 1440 mins (LOVELY)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 7:53, don't really know time zone, sorry. Happened about five minutes ago if that helps.
Your side of the story: I was playing as a engineer on the station. Arrived late, so I didn't see any prior notices, nor did I know of anything that happened on the station before hand. I was walking about, minding my own business, when I stumble upon a mining hard suit on the ground. It didn't seem to belong to anyone, so I snagged it. This is when weird happenings began. As I walked into engineering, which was smoking for some reason, I was suddenly warped into the captain's office, which has ghost flying around. On the ground, I saw a book of horses (or something along those lines). Me being the OBVIOUSLY GENIUS LIZARD I WAS, I picked up the book and used it. The book glowed a dark light, and suddenly I was dropped into the body of Hardy, a clown in engineering without access (damn you Hardy). After I escaped people trying to disarm me (dunno why) I made it back to my old body. Now, at this point, there was one announcement about stripping bodies of disconnected players. However, my body had almost dead look to it, so I stripped it as it was a dead body in my eyes. Then suddenly i'm slapped with a ban that looks slightly (no disrespect intended) like a all-caps rage instead of a punishment for something that he looked into.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was merely getting my gear back so I could continue on with my work. I was confused from the body swapped, and my previous body looked dead, not disconnected. If it was, I had no way of knowing the swap was a equivalent swap. For all I know, I got put in some body and the owner just got killed or repressed. I feel like there was no investigation behind this either. I only saw ONE warning, and I knew I wasn't going to strip someone who was disconnected anyways. I'm sorry for the disrespect, but this just seemed downright sloppy and idiotic. I was honestly unsure if I should post this under Ban Appeal or as a general complaint against quartz.

EDIT: Sorry about the account. For some odd reason, I am still unable to recover passwords on my original. I've stated this problem before, but then the same thing happened on the account I mad to complain about this. I really need someone to help with that.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Re: [quartzcrystal] Doctah Yagi - Banned for stripping mysel

Post by QuartzCrystal » #33723

Lifting it now.

Sorry for coming across more hostile than I intended. In total I made 4 warnings about stripping disconnected players and I was getting peev'd that people were still doing it. In your instance, yes you are correct he wasn't disconnected, due to the mindswaps I mistook the body you were stripping for another.