Simple Questions Thread

General SS13 Chat
Malkevin

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by Malkevin » #116698

Bottom post of the previous page:

So you can sync the research levels now?

Cool. At one point I was going to stick a protolathe in Cargo.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #116704

Malkevin wrote:So you can sync the research levels now?

Cool. At one point I was going to stick a protolathe in Cargo.
Definitely can - one round I had to research myself up the tech levels so I could break into RnD and use their printer to get a circuit printer board, back before it was in tech storage.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #116954

Kudzu seedpacks seem to have some special chemical interactions, however I can't actually seem to apply chemicals to them in any way. How do I do this?
Beef McLargeBig
Byond Username: Beef_McLargeBig

Post by Beef McLargeBig » #117886

What is emagged Beepsky's full VOX line? I'm usually too busy panicking to appreciate it fully.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #117893

Beef McLargeBig wrote:What is emagged Beepsky's full VOX line? I'm usually too busy panicking to appreciate it fully.
By my memory, it's...
Spoiler:
Fuck your cunt you shit eating cocksucker man eat a dong fucking mass ending shitfuck. Eat penises in your fuckface and shit out abortions of fuck and do shit in your ass you cock fuck shit monkey ass wanker from the depths of shit.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #117901

close
it's not "mass ending" it's "ass-ramming"
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #118084

"Fuck your cunt you shit eating cockstorm and eat a dong fucking ass ending shitfuck. Eat penises in your fuckface and shit out abortions of fuck and poo and shit in your ass you cock fuck shit monkey fuck ass wanker from the depths of shit."

is the actual transcription, the weirdest line to hear is definitely "cockstorm" but it's such a great word.
for reference:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tgsta ... insult.ogg
or
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... insult.ogg
私は完璧
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #118125

the more you learn, the more you know
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #118362

Have Nar-Sie and the Singularity been changed recently? I've found that I've been changed/destroyed by their effects without seeing them - the former flickering into view after the change, the latter destroying me as I was well away from its sprite, just about on the same screen.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #118374

it's because unless you can see the center, you can't see them, but they can still interact with you if you're in their sprite
with singulo it's less of an issue since it usually tears down any visual barriers by the time it reaches you
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #118434

Cheesy tip, Nar Nar doesn't affect you if you're in a locker.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #118447

What are the tech requirements for illegal cyborg upgrade module?
Bring back papercult.

AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #118453

Seconding request for illegal module requirements. I always forget.

Also, what's the best way to get Poly to repeat something?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #118454

AnonymousNow wrote: Also, what's the best way to get Poly to repeat something?
20% chance to store what it hears.
so just say it a bunch.
私は完璧
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #118489

Remie Richards wrote:
so just say it a bunch.
Does he store whispers?

EDIT: Also, does spacewind have an element of RNG to it? I swear the same walk has killed me due to literally pushing me back 1:1 in some instances, but not others. Pressure hadn't changed.

EDIT EDIT: Also also, did I start the blue-haired doctors meme? I dunno, I start playing with a blue-haired character and over time medbay is filled with, to quote an ancient poster, "blue-haired stutterwhores". I'm playing a 55 year old man - maybe I should skip the genetic therapy vanity backstory and go to silver. Should I go silver? Wait, am I asking for fashion tips in 2D spessmens?

Where am I?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #118491

Yes it does, it'll even remember radio talks if said right next to it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #118494

AnonymousNow wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
so just say it a bunch.
Does he store whispers?

EDIT: Also, does spacewind have an element of RNG to it? I swear the same walk has killed me due to literally pushing me back 1:1 in some instances, but not others. Pressure hadn't changed.

EDIT EDIT: Also also, did I start the blue-haired doctors meme? I dunno, I start playing with a blue-haired character and over time medbay is filled with, to quote an ancient poster, "blue-haired stutterwhores". I'm playing a 55 year old man - maybe I should skip the genetic therapy vanity backstory and go to silver. Should I go silver? Wait, am I asking for fashion tips in 2D spessmens?

Where am I?
I don't think spacewind has natural RNG, I think the spacewind act is just fired every now and is based on tickrate or whatever (inb4 a coder comes in here and lynches me for misusing code terms i don't fully understand), so if I had to bet I'd say that server lag + client lag probably contribute to your ability to escape the wind (the same way lag controls who runs faster than others).

Also what blue-haired doctor meme? That's not a real meme, get out normie
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #118502

PKPenguin321 wrote:Also what blue-haired doctor meme? That's not a real meme, get out normie
The world has moved on from that time... my time.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #118518

I haven't made any serious attempts at bomb-making since pressure got changed up a bit awhile back. When you have the heated CO2 ready in a canister, what's the safest pressure to use when filling tanks? It seems even if you do something low like ~400 kpa and close it immediately, the kpa of the tank will continue expanding into the thousands and start leaking out. I don't remember tanks doing that back when I used to make bombs.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #118520

InsaneHyena wrote:What are the tech requirements for illegal cyborg upgrade module?
Combat 4, Illegal tech 3. Make sure you have a pretty big heap of diamonds, too.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #118537

Remie Richards wrote:"Fuck your cunt you shit eating cockstorm and eat a dong fucking ass ending shitfuck. Eat penises in your fuckface and shit out abortions of fuck and poo and shit in your ass you cock fuck shit monkey fuck ass wanker from the depths of shit."

is the actual transcription, the weirdest line to hear is definitely "cockstorm" but it's such a great word.
for reference:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tgsta ... insult.ogg
or
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... insult.ogg
could also be eat a gun instead of eat a dong, nobody knows
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #118542

It's clearly dong.
私は完璧
spainy
Byond Username: Spainish

Post by spainy » #118570

Danowar wrote:I haven't made any serious attempts at bomb-making since pressure got changed up a bit awhile back. When you have the heated CO2 ready in a canister, what's the safest pressure to use when filling tanks? It seems even if you do something low like ~400 kpa and close it immediately, the kpa of the tank will continue expanding into the thousands and start leaking out. I don't remember tanks doing that back when I used to make bombs.
I was actually wondering the same thing this afternoon. I've been trying to make single-tank bombs as atmos but I keep ending up with the same results.
LdShade
Byond Username: LdShade

Post by LdShade » #118580

What are the storage differences between backpacks, satchels and duffelbags?
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #118583

There's no difference other than cosmetic between backapcks and satchels, but duffelbags slow you down in exchange for extra storage spots.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #118586

Satchels have a smaller sprite, so true powergamers take them over backpacks so there's less to click on
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #118588

What does the heat exchanger do? This one: Image
Also, how do canister bombs work? I combined 200,000kPa of superheated plasma in one canister and 2,000kPa of supercooled oxygen in the other, and nothing happened.
Last edited by Xhuis on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #118589

Xhuis wrote:What does the heat exchanger do? This one: Image
Its equals out the temperature difference between the two exchangers. Useful for getting hot pure plasma canisters if you have something like an incinerator for constant heat.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #119166

Where do all the implants science can make go? I tried installing anti-drop in a brain earlier but it just wouldn't take, no matter how much I mashed it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #119167

Anonmare wrote:Where do all the implants science can make go? I tried installing anti-drop in a brain earlier but it just wouldn't take, no matter how much I mashed it.
wait do you mean you took someone's brain out and tried to jam an implant onto it
oho my god lmao
what you do it target the head/eyes/torso and do an organ manipulation surgery you dingus
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #119168

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Where do all the implants science can make go? I tried installing anti-drop in a brain earlier but it just wouldn't take, no matter how much I mashed it.
wait do you mean you took someone's brain out and tried to jam an implant onto it
oho my god lmao
what you do it target the head/eyes/torso and do an organ manipulation surgery you dingus
Science versus medicine.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #119173

PKPenguin321 wrote:
oho my god lmao
No i didn't take the brain out, I did the organ manipulation surgery, got to step 6 and tried to implant the implant but it didn't work
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #119185

what are the exact research levels needed for positronic brains
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #119190

Anonmare wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
oho my god lmao
No i didn't take the brain out, I did the organ manipulation surgery, got to step 6 and tried to implant the implant but it didn't work
1. double check if you are on help intent
2. double check that you're targeting the right area (in this case it's either brain, eyes, or torso)
3. ensure you are on the correct step by checking what step you are on with the surgery console computer thingy located just to the side of the operation table
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #119192

At the time the Operating computer was destroyed but I definitely know I got the target and intent right. I'll try again tomorrow, it's really just the anti-drop implant giving my trouble
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #119346

How the fuck do i make git not email me every time someone comments in a thread i have also commented in
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119351

Wyzack wrote:How the fuck do i make git not email me every time someone comments in a thread i have also commented in
Github
Settings
Notification Center
Obvious from there
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #119353

Thanks, silly me thought it would be under email
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #119361

What is the point of the detective's shoulder holster? Is it just a strangely-sprited belt that carries ammo and the gun? or does it fit onto clothing somehow?

As far as I can tell it just puts me one click further from shooting people, which isn't ideal.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #119363

It is just a belt that holds your gun and ammo. It can also hold other pistols and even the bartenders sawn off shotgun. Remie also fixed it so it layers under the coat now. I just like it because it looks cool and holds my extra speedloaders.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #119369

Okay, thanks. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something, as an ammo pouch it certainly has its uses. I just tend to shove the telebaton extended onto the belt instead.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #119371

If you are able to swipe contraband from traitors it can be pretty robust. Once i had a metabe, detective's 38 and a sketchkin all in there at once. A lot of dakka without needing to reload
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #119961

Who is CMO Kingston?

I've been playing this game for around about five years now, and I've never, to my memory, encountered a notable "Kingston". However, they're on the Guide to Medicine page on the Wiki, and they have their names on the medical cups that you get in game.

Is this just an archiac reference to someone who was never really relevant to begin with?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #119963

AnonymousNow wrote:Is this just an archiac reference to someone who was never really relevant to begin with?
probably
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #119964

isn't kingston that one horrifying vg guy who shitposted a bit here last last election
kingston wrote:it's an unnatural beast held together by a motley collection of bpd power addicts, some the worst people even a gutter like ss13 has to offer. years of skulduggery have made you all paranoid, wary, and none more than you, anon. like a game of thrones character you seek to keep the throne no matter what, if it requires hundreds of dollars a month in server costs (an heirloom passed down to you by the previous schizophrenic, balkanoid host, himself driven out of power by his own panicky attempts at maintaining it) so be it, if it requires posting unironically about "leak problems" you'll do it, and purging the irc channels of the perhaps-disloyal has become routine. tg has gone the way of baystation - a once decent server now administrated exclusively by those shameful enough to invest hundreds of hours into obtaining and holding power. gone are the people who made it worth playing, but those who drove them away now run the show. for the good of the ss13 community /tg/station must die, and perhaps something better can rise from the ashes. free kingston.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #119966

Scones wrote:salt
jeez, why not make the cup start with 10 units of table salt
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #119971

*cough* https://www.theforgottenzone.com/hosted ... s=Kingston

Looks like those kingstons are different people
Here's the vg kingston getting perma banned: https://www.theforgottenzone.com/hosted ... on#p201167

Here's the cup kingston requesting his special snowflake item:
https://www.theforgottenzone.com/hosted ... =10#p17707
https://www.theforgottenzone.com/hosted ... ton#p17812
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #119995

Hah... looks like he was operating when I was, but he passed under my radar. Great doctoring that must've been.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #120421

haha man imagine somebody making a thread about snowflake items in this day and age
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #120451

It'd be something dumb like a table ornament called Mehki
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #120494

Can you kill an ascended shadowling with a point blank maxcap bomb or are they completely immortal?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster