General SS13 Chat
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by Ricotez » #82966

Bottom post of the previous page:

Cheimon wrote:
Wyzack wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:And much to my dismay, it doesn't incinerate the body. It also breaks the suit storage unit, which is quite obvious to anyone passing by.
Pretty sure this is because it doesn't really burn the person so much as it just bathes them in a deadly dose of radiation
Oh! So, could you sedate a person, shove one into a suit storage unit, and then irradiate them like this?
You can lock SSUs from the outside. Stun someone, quickly shove them in, close and lock the door, then change the settings (if you haven't done that already) and activate the radiation.

It's not really practical in most situations (unless you managed to stun someone in Atmospherics or Engineering Storage and need to quickly get rid of them), but it has style.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #82972

I keep meaning to execute someone with one of those.

Thank god most of the people I want to kill are degenerate liggers.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #82973

Fortunately there's two SSU's in the armoury, I really need to check it out and see how viable of a execution method it is.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #82986

Just remember to remove the suits first, it'll fry those as well.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #83171

Does the fire from single plasma tank bombs blow up the fuel tanks? How many damage security barrier can suffer?
I have some ideas connected to this stuff, first idea of piling shitton of glass shards and rods under the fuel tank together with proximity sensor plasma tank bomb, to brutally maim crowd of people. Second one is dumping rods near under fuel tank, hiding behind sec barrier and waiting for juggernauts and their masters to aproach, so you can blow up the fuel tank with laser to tear damn juggernauts and crowd of cultists.

By the way, you cant get out of locked SSU, so it can work as permanent storage device for changelling/ alien/ traitor who tried robbing armory( lock him for eternity in armory SSU for 500 irony points)
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #83540

tbh ive never really liked SSUs, they are extremely snowflakey and work drastically different from all other forms of storage on the station (such as the lockers that are used for every other type of environment suit)

it's a nightmare codewise too, every time something new gets added that can interact with SSUs in some way you have to test it and add special cases just for them (that's why drones can get stuck in them, unless that bug has been fixed)
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #83546

Wyzack wrote:Pretty sure this is because it doesn't really burn the person so much as it just bathes them in a deadly dose of radiation
Unrelated, but it doesn't irradiate them, it just does burn damage.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #83569

I know, I meant from a fluff standpoint, 15nm is UV radiation, which is actually not really that strong
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #84289

Intensity and frequency aren't completely interlinked, I believe? I mean, the UV light is so strong that even the light created from it heating the SSU itself is a huge blinding red glow.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #87563

How does embedment work?
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #87571

throwing shit into people has a possibility of embedding into them, causing items to be stuck into a person, and when they remove said object from themselves it causes massive damage. items can be launched into people via explosions as well.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #87600

It's worth pointing out that you can just let the items fall out of yourself, and that doesn't seem to hurt. Also, in theory, there's a surgery for it.

What are the steps for the surgery on removing embedded items?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #87776

Step one: examine yourself (help intent with an empty hand on yourself)
Step two: click on the thing that says "pull this shit out"
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #87810

There is also actually a surgery for it, although I don't believe it's on the wiki. I remember just tooling around with the scalpel/hemostat/retractor for ages until it came out then using the cautery to close up the skin - I don't remember the exact steps but I've definitely performed the surgery once before.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #87816

So uh, you can pierce people with a thrown spear right?

You can also place c4 on a spear before throwing at it, correct?

Now I know c4 can't gib anymore, but can you make explosive throwing spears?
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #87817

lumipharon wrote:So uh, you can pierce people with a thrown spear right?

You can also place c4 on a spear before throwing at it, correct?

Now I know c4 can't gib anymore, but can you make explosive throwing spears?
my god, that might actually work
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #87819

Damn it, now I have to test this.

E: It also works with throwing stars. Too bad the embed chance on spears fucking SUCKS.

Other fun shit I learned:
* You can load active syndie minibombs into a pneumatic cannon.
* Slime core grenades.
* If you're ever bored in sandbox mode, search for minibomb and pick the child of clusterbangs. It's a barrel of laughs.
* Someone turned me on to being able to make a grenade using mousetraps last night. Instead of timer and igniter, use a mousetrap and igniter. Activate it and put it under a backpack somewhere. Do it with a 50/50 water-potassium grenade and it'll fuck someone up. Pull it off with 100:100 and it'll fuck the station proper, as well as gibbing the poor bastard who stepped on it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #87829

To be fair, if the embed chance on spears was anything reasonable, Rev would just shit over even heavily armoured officers with the bloodloss.
There's a reason why it's pretty much the best method to deal with riot armour / hos armour currently.
Last edited by Akkryls on Wed May 13, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #87830

Given the guaranteed embed chance on throwing stars, they'd be the ones you should c4 definitely.
Also this is one of those things I love, emergent gameplay.

Embedding weapons exist, C4 exists, stick them together? Embedded c4, genius.
私は完璧
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #87852

Shaps wrote:Step one: examine yourself (help intent with an empty hand on yourself)
Step two: click on the thing that says "pull this shit out"
I'm talking about the surgery, which is the way to get it out that doesn't involve brute damage and can be done to take your weapons out of a corpse, in theory.
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #88118

OKay, time to sound like a complete scrub.

I know how to make TTV bombs, no problem.

But how do you make single tank bombs?
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #88138

Vekter wrote:Damn it, now I have to test this.
* Someone turned me on to being able to make a grenade using mousetraps last night. Instead of timer and igniter, use a mousetrap and igniter. Activate it and put it under a backpack somewhere. Do it with a 50/50 water-potassium grenade and it'll fuck someone up. Pull it off with 100:100 and it'll fuck the station proper, as well as gibbing the poor bastard who stepped on it.
->Using a timer+igniter for combat grenades

Use a wirecoil on the grenade shell, Vekter.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #88164

Laharl Monthy wrote:OKay, time to sound like a complete scrub.

I know how to make TTV bombs, no problem.

But how do you make single tank bombs?
Ancient Atmosian secret.

But, fuck it, I'll share what little I remember: Slap a timer-igniter combo on a gas tank, then punch a hole in it with a welder. Take it apart with a wrench if you want to dismantle it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #88633

Do augments make you punch harder? I once augmented a security officer and he told me that he punched a cultist so hard that the guy puked.

Also do you need oxygen while fully augmented?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #88639

Erbbu wrote:Do augments make you punch harder? I once augmented a security officer and he told me that he punched a cultist so hard that the guy puked.

Also do you need oxygen while fully augmented?
1. No

2. Yes

However, augments do slightly raise your damage resistance (enough to be spaceworthy without a suit), so if you're in a fistfight you have a huge advantage.

Both of your question's answers are subject to change if dismemberment ever wakes from it's 1,000 year slumber
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #88678

That is not dead which can eternal DNM, for in strange eons even code standards may die.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #88680

>implying they're not dead already

Sorry, had to put the snark on here.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #88686

How do you make toxins bombs after the new atmos changes? And what is a good burnmix? The old one (66% plasma and 33% O2) barely manages to produce 2000 degree hot CO2 now.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #88689

You have to open the valve while it's still burning, then once the tank reaches a few hundred degrees, disconnect it from the pipes and the temperature will suddenly skyrocket to tens of thousands.

No clue why, but I used it to clear the whole shuttle with two bombs a few days back.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #88856

How do stabilizing agents work? How do you make the reaction take place later? I want to get my hands on some Chlorine Trifluoride or Phlogiston chem implants to use as HoS. Which would work better for that purpose?
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #88945

Luke Cox wrote:How do stabilizing agents work? How do you make the reaction take place later? I want to get my hands on some Chlorine Trifluoride or Phlogiston chem implants to use as HoS. Which would work better for that purpose?
stabilizing agent is a catalyst, you need it present in the container for the reagent to not go off immediately upon mixing

most such reagents need to be heated up to a certain temperature to go off afterwards.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #88978

How does the Quarantine AI Moudle work? I know it upload a a fourth law to prevent people from leaving, but, it also says that it's impossible to harm a Human to prevent people from leaving. And as I recall, only a Law higher in sequence than a "do not harm" can sanction Human harm?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #88984

It doesn't demand human harm, it merely permits it by exploiting a loophole.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #89000

Luke Cox wrote:How do stabilizing agents work? How do you make the reaction take place later? I want to get my hands on some Chlorine Trifluoride or Phlogiston chem implants to use as HoS. Which would work better for that purpose?
I've personally tested Phlogiston (this is the one that sets you on fire yes?)

You only need the stab agent whilst mixing (though all it does without is burp a fireball, so if you wear a firesuit you'll be fine).

Phlogiston can be used neat in chemical implants, it will begin reacting as soon as it enters a person's body without requiring any additional chems.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #89001

Yep, it works the same way as "4. Harm is a small town in Germany", only instead of making harm something silly it just blankley states that nothing causes harm.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89009

Only while trying to stop them leaving the station. So if someone's already on the shuttle and PDAs you telling them to let you off, you have to unshockbolt the doors to let them out.

And I'm pretty sure "Law 2 let everyone on the shuttle and don't kill anyone" overrides it, because >law priority, it doesnt redefine human.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89184

What does a PACMAN's heat value actually do?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #89186

DemonFiren wrote:What does a PACMAN's heat value actually do?
Generators are actually supposed to overheat and eventually explode if used too long without interruption, but I'm pretty sure that for the basic pacman it can't generate heat fast enough to ever see these mechanics. No one ever makes mrspacman/superpacman generators.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #89190

I've seen people walking around as humanoid robots making drinks, how are those robots made?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89193

Those are standard Service Cyborgs. You make them like any other cyborg, and hope the player is masochistic enough to pick the module.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #89194

Service cyborg module.

As an aside, all this talk of Pacman generators make me want to create a tiny station powered by generators that need constant upkeep of plasma ti ensure survival of the station. Maybe built in to the side of an asteroid? I think d20 station has weekly events like this actually
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89197

There's actually a Bay-based map for that, the Bearcat.

Have a screenshot, probably not up to date.
Spoiler:

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #89204

I can see it now, having to choose between trading your plasma for more precious cargo points or using it to keep the lights on
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89206

Protip: Use it for points, then buy a solar assembly.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #89548

How do I make a clusterbang?

What other ways are there of getting them?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89550

You don't, and there aren't, except the mech SOB-3 grenade launcher, which requires high tech levels, a lot of material, and careful maneuvering in order to avoid being pre-emptively robusted. It also costs a ton of energy to reload.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89588

Super Secret Clusterbang Technique:

(It's in the example lockbox on metastation)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89599

Ssssshhhhh, now it's no longer secret!

Also, it needs to be in the safe on Box.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
eldomtom2
Byond Username: Eldomtom2

Post by eldomtom2 » #90254

How do you release someone after you've grabbed them?
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #90256

Drop.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #90264

Or throw. That's the more fun way.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL