[skorvold] Jubel - Metagaming/Perma

Appeals which have been closed.
Jubel

[skorvold] Jubel - Metagaming/Perma

Post by Jubel » #67217

BYOND Account: Jubel

Character name: I don't know. Most likely nothing remarkable.

Banning admin: skorvold

Ban type: Permanent Game ban

Ban reason and length: Metagaming, banned Permanently.

Time ban was placed: December 16th, 2014. Timezone is most likely UTC-07:00 Mountain. Or just Pacific Coast.

Your side of the story: As the ban was a fair bit ago, I will say my memory of it is a bit fuzzy. There are quite a parts that I don't remember, but as far as I'm concerned they're probably nothing incredibly relevant, as I tended to wander around quite a lot and try to figure out how the game worked. However, I don't want this to come out as an excuse of "I did nothing wrong officer :^)", as I now realize, yeah, I did do shit wrong.

To say it as it is, (at the time), I was relatively new to the game. I had a friend who frequented TG and Goon quite a lot, so he opted to try and help me out to learn the game. While I had read the rules on metagaming at the time, it clearly stated that as long as I wasn't getting an advantage over other players in the game, I'd be fine, and for the first few rounds of TG I played, this pretty much remained true. He told me how the inventory system worked, and how wonderful the BYOND engine is, and all that jazz, and it was good. I was having fun.

However it came to the point where I was still bumming around as an Assistant, and didn't really have a clue where to go, so one game he started to teach me the nefarious deeds of hacking, and other assorted bad things. It eventually led up to a point where we ended up building a little fort in an abandoned room near the shuttle arrivals (I'm not sure on which map, it was the one where the station is like, embedded in a huge asteroid), and we were planning some nefarious deeds to do once the escape shuttle landed at CentCOM. (Once the end game window comes up and stuff).

This pretty much led up to breaking into the armoury with a few minutes left on the ETA to departure clock running down, and us hiding in a couple lockers in the escape shuttle until it launched. Suddenly, teacher friend had the great idea of just shooting out everyone and everything on the shuttle, and admittedly, it sounded like fun. I can't really deny that it still would be fun either, but I'd rather save it for at traitor role instead.

But I digress, we shot up the place, a couple people died I think, and we got knocked out by a guy in a robot suit, if I recall correctly. This was also before the shuttle made it to CentCOM.

I think there was a 3rd guy involved way early on building the fort, but he sort of walked into space and died, and just said "Oh my god" in a really defeated voice. In fact, that's all he did. I don't think he did anything productive at all.

tl;dr: Broke into armoury, shot people up, didn't talk in character.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been playing quite a bit on goon since the ban, and I before I was banned back then, I really didn't think much about the metagaming and it's impact on the game: now when I witness it, it feels like I've been cheated. And really that's all Metagaming is. I actually understand why breaking into armoury without communication is a severe detriment to the stability of the game itself, and really, no one should be doing that stuff.

Likewise, I understand why I was banned. I don't want to pass it off that it wasn't justified or that admins were doing a shitty job or whatever, because I was the person in the wrong, and I got punished for it.

I do believe after spending quite a lot of time on goon, my appreciation for the game has improved quite a bit. On the odd time I get onto one of their servers and end up having a decent time playing as a character with as little spelling mistakes as possible, It's quite nice. That was one thing I haven't really forgotten about TG as well. TG has actually convincing roleplay with the characters people play, not people yelling "ADMIN DO THE VOX" over radio chat and hearing "bork bork bork" in a screeching text to speech voice over my earphones.

If you decide to unban me, I can assure you the worst that can happen is me trying to learn the different chemistry system. Lord knows how many times I've accidentally mixed the wrong chemicals and suddenly all of chemistry is just gone.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: [skorvold] Jubel - Metagaming/Perma

Post by Skorvold » #67295

If you're unbanned your friend, Ralph008, will never be unbanned as long as you play. Are you okay with that?
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #67298

Ralph is not going to be unbanned anyway, due to him currently evading his previous bans.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #67383

It's lifted. Have a nice day.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.