Public hulk mutation consoles and similar grief distribution methods.

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Public hulk mutation consoles and similar grief distribution methods.

Post by Turbonerd » #632359

One thing that I have been seeing is people making public hulk mutation consoles, which allow anyone to turn themselves into a hulk. Hulks are generally obnoxious and makes griefing significantly easier. Usually the round gets ruined when one of these are made, as there are always at least a few shitters that can get the mutation and then start punching everything they see.

These public hulk consoles allows non-antag geneticists to assist antag and non-antag grief significantly without fail, without them having to grief themselves.

People that make public hulk mutation consoles and similar stuff should get punished by people using those tools to grief.

Without a doubt making public hulk mutation consoles will assist griefers on griefing, and should be treated as such. Every bwoink that goes to a hulk should also go to whoever gave them the injector or built the console.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Public hulk mutation consoles and similar grief distribution methods.

Post by cacogen » #632383

Public hulk consoles are not grief distribution, they're *cool* and *funny*. Maybe you're just not a historic individual?
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #632386

Nah. That's kinda stupid. IC consequences exist, you know? Permabrig the shitter who makes public hulk consoles, ask AI to clear it from all consoles.
So basically, skill issue etc.
► Show Spoiler
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #632388

IC consequences exist for self antagging and more, but they get banned. I don't see your argument that just because people can retaliate IC, it makes it okay.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #632394

Personally I'd see this as not too dissimilar to something like making a public thermite factory.
It's fine as an occasional thing, but if it gets overdone it starts to detract from the normal experience.

Definitely one of those discretionary things that shouldn't be outright forbidden, just let admins handle the situation with the tools they already have.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #632416

People griefing with their free hulk should be given short vacations for it. Hulk is not a license to grief.

If you put out a Free Hulk console as a Geneticist (or, god help us, NOT as a Geneticist) and an antag gets a hold of it then does stuff, you should probably also be on the hook for whatever they do with it, because it was a wholly preventable thing (and not really comparable to, say, handing out space adaptation kits because Hulk isn't exactly a defensive/safety mutation).

Security should also be probably be allowed or even encouraged to break out the lethals on Hulk Tide to unhulk them. If the Tide tries to kill Sec for doing this, they should get long vacations for killbaiting..
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #632418

It's an IC issue solved by one paramed with a mutadone syringe gun.
--Then lynching the geneticist.

Also Hulks are nonhuman.
Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:37 pm People griefing with their free hulk should be given short vacations for it. Hulk is not a license to grief.
This is the limit of policy interaction with hulks imo.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #632421

Players are responsible for their own actions.

They are also sometimes responsible for actions of others, where the second player's actions could reasonably be expected as a result of the first player's actions.

And sometimes it's a bit of both.

If you're not telling people to go get hulk and shit up the station, then this is a case where the responsibility on not breaking the rules lies squarely on the other person.

The geneticist is no more responsible for the shittery that follows than a QM ordering guns in cargo. As long as you're not trying to add fuel to the fire, the basic expectation is that everyone is following the rules and that you can do things expecting that.

Actually getting those rules enforced is a different question entirely, of course. Are you ahelping griefing shitters when you see them?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #632443

Please ahelp tiders who are non antag greifing! Admins will deal with that.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #632448

I simply delete hulk and strong and irradiated off of the public DNA console when I see it
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #632481

I ahelp shitters that shit consistently between multiple rounds, but when everyone's hulk, I'm not really sure what to ahelp. Anyways now that I think about it, this policy probably won't be effective and there would probably be a better solution, like making hulks valid for deconversion. I'll close this thread.