Byond Username: HONK_IM_CLOWN

[saegrimr] - Ban evasion from ErikHanson

Post by HONK_IM_CLOWN » #75724

Byond account and character name: HONK_IM_CLOWN
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): server ban
Ban reason and length: permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 14:00 GMT+1
Your side of the story: being pretty new to SS13, i've went to play again after a few months, so i opened my laptop, launched byond and logged in to tgstation13, selecting a cool character name (shirtless dave) since i've saw that name on hippiestation, and some other places, so it sounded pretty cool to use that.

a few minutes later into the round, i was greeted with an ban, for ban evading, after that i quickly went on IRC to discuss this matter, since i've never heard of an erikhanson, what could be an possibility, is him having the same ISP, thus having an dynamic IP, or using the same VPN service as i've used a while back, since i wanted to play during school!

i'd love to give more information, including my first/lastname, ip adresses, provider, and other information via IRC, or an PM since i don't like having my real profile linked to an digital profile, and it being indexable via google.

Why you think you should be unbanned: because i'm not erikhanson, and i've never heard of him.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: saegrimr - Ban evasion from ErikHanson

Post by Vekter » #75730

I did some looking as to why you might have been banned. It looks like you've connected from 4 separate IP addresses, one of which was associated with two of ErikHansons' BYOND accounts.

It looks very suspicious, especially when you turn around and use his character name. If you're gonna ban evade, don't wear a sign that says "HEY LOOK, I'M BAN EVADING!".

E: For the record, here's where I can see your connections as tanknut, erikhanson, honkimclown and s0ysauce.

Last edited by Vekter on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
HONK_IM_CLOWN

Post by HONK_IM_CLOWN » #75731

I've already discussed this in IRC, honkimclown, and s0ysauce are mine, s0ysauce has been registered yesterday, due to the fact that i forgot the password on honkimclown.

"It looks like you've connected from 4 separate IP addresses, all of which were associated with one of ErikHansons' BYOND accounts."
Four? As far as i'm aware, i've only logged in to honkimclown, and soysauce from my current connection, and once at my friends house (may be tanknut never knew he played SS13)
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #75733

Any other admins swinging by to post in the thread are invited to discuss this in IRC before posting the same thing over and over.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #75734

I made a typo in my post, should read "connected from four different IP addresses, one of which was associated with 2 of ErikHanson's BYOND accounts".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #75767

Alright after some research into your story, none of your ckeys have ever connected to Hippie Station. Amusingly ErikHanson is also permabanned from there too, so its kind of odd he's some sort of cultural icon over there on a server you've never been to unless you are also ErikHanson. Sharing his IP and IC name is definitely what looks the worst on you, the account you were banned on recently having been created during a time when you were banned for a week previously and then having no connections since then untill after you finally got permabanned for the last time.

If you're still adamant that you're totally someone else, I'd try to get Hippie or whatever other server you were on to vouch for your connection logs showing both honk_im_clown and erikhanson on at the same time from different computers.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
HONK_IM_CLOWN

Post by HONK_IM_CLOWN » #75779

Sure thing, give me a few days to contact some servers, since again, this is total bullshit.