Post by Brayd » #730384

BYOND account:
Brayd

b]Ban/note type (Check what applies):[/b]
() - Server Ban

Ban/note length:
2 weeks
Ban/note reason:
Started talking about how they masturbated to other players' rage in deadchat to "shut someone up" [sic]. Rule 8 applies to all channels. This ban (banID #71074) was applied by Chesify on 2024-06-07 18:42:50 during round ID 230151. The ban is for 14 days and expires on 2024-06-21 18:43:50 (server time).
Time ban was placed:
2024-06-07
Server you were playing on when banned:
Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed:
Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note needs modification
(Could I get a modification to the ban, like a mute in deadchat and maybe ic, if an unban is off the table?)

Why should this appeal be accepted?:

Alrighty y'all, for starters, I was a total asshole throughout that entire conversation with Chesify, and for that, I'd like to apologize. On top of that, I'd like to apologize for the original comments made that lead up to this ban, as they were completely uncalled for. I have the logs of every statement I said in deadchat that round downloaded + screenshots of the offending statement if anyone requests them for rulings' sake

Lets get to why this appeal should be accepted:

I feel I am ready to come back with a much more positive, healthy mindset, and try to actually make some friends around here, rather then continually put down members of our community. Not being able to play for a while has had me thinking about how i've been treating y'all, both admins and players, especially when the alternative servers are just... godawful. We have something special here on TG, and I really want to be able to participate in that.
Cheshify
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: [<Chesify>] Brayd - Achievement Unlocked: Rule 8

Post by Cheshify » #730392

I've seen the appeal, just debating on how to proceed. I recognize and appreciate your apology for the way you acted.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Brayd
Byond Username: Brayd

Post by Brayd » #730395

Cheshify wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:54 pm I've seen the appeal, just debating on how to proceed. I recognize and appreciate your apology for the way you acted.
Thank you
Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #730455

I genuinely appreciate the apology, and I am trusting that it is sincere. I'm going to be reducing this ban from the 21st to the 16th, making this a 9 day ban.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #730456

I would advise you on your own time to apologize to the player, as well.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Brayd
Byond Username: Brayd

Post by Brayd » #730473

Cheshify wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:10 pm I genuinely appreciate the apology, and I am trusting that it is sincere. I'm going to be reducing this ban from the 21st to the 16th, making this a 9 day ban.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the grace you've shown me