[DISCORD] Billcyferka999

Appeals which have been closed.
Billcyferka9
Byond Username: Billcyferka

[DISCORD] Billcyferka999

Post by Billcyferka9 » #730613

Discord username: Billcyferka999
Ban reason: Fairly explicit statement that being gay is something wrong and expressing that you are is "showing off something wrong and trying to turn it into something that needs glorification". This is bigotry and banned on the tgstation community. You may appeal this ban on the forums.
Time ban was placed: 16 minutes ago
Your side of the story: A few days ago, I stated an opinion that people try to forcibly normalize disabilities and that people belonging to the LGBT+ community are in my opinion, trying to "shove gay propaganda in our faces". We had a discussion about this for a while, even had opinions on this topic from jannies. I stated my concern about being banned for this and one jannie/admin even affirmed me that I won't get banned for simply stating my opinion.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My statement was intentionally twisted, decontextualized and misinterpreted to get me banned. The "showing off something wrong and trying to turn it into something that needs glorification" was explicitly, strictly and clearly about mental disability, which is undeniably not a good thing. The part about LGBT+ was in a separate section and context, and should not have been mixed with my other statements about other topics.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: [DISCORD] Billcyferka999

Post by Archie700 » #730619

Full disclosure, this it the message that resulted in your ban.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #730622

Heya! Before anything else, I'd like to see your clarification on some of the writing there:
You wrote, "the only fact I hate is that in modern times people show off what is wrong with them and try to turn it into a thing that they think deserves recognition and glorification". You then state "look at social media [...] just an example", before listing off "people say being fat is good, being gay is good, being mentally ill is good". You listed three examples, by your own words, of instances on social media of "people showing off what is wrong with them" (again, by your own words).

Am I misinterpreting something here?
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Billcyferka9

Post by Billcyferka9 » #730624

In later messages I think I clarified that I rather meant deviant from normalcy. Everything still applies but "wrong" being replaced with "not normal"
Billcyferka9

Post by Billcyferka9 » #730625

So what I mean was that people are showing off "the extremes" of what is different in them on social media.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #730626

Alright, I also have to ask what you meant by bringing up "in (ancient year here) people would be killed or imprisoned for being gay" and then complaining about modern times. What was the purpose or meaning of this line of argument?
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Billcyferka9

Post by Billcyferka9 » #730627

The purpose is to strengthen the argument that being different does not mean you need more rights and also the fact that those things are not generally considered "normal" (or you could otherwise say "default")
Billcyferka9

Post by Billcyferka9 » #730628

I am talking about the whole sentence, not just the quote from the sentence.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #730670

Given your recent headmin QC ban for rule 11 violations ingame, and prior history of saying things like saying "Gay are not people" (note from Feb 29), I'm choosing to Deny this appeal. Ultimately, if you've got enough of a history of violating the anti-bigotry rule that you end up permanently banned for it ingame, I'm not going to assume a violation of it on the discord is anything but.

You're free to reapply in a year, or request headmin oversight if you view that this ban is invalid or otherwise biased. Given that you've just been banned by them, however, I doubt that you'd see much difference.
Billcyferka9

Post by Billcyferka9 » #730671

Thank you for your reply. I wish to request headmin oversight due to this ban being invalid.
Billcyferka9

Post by Billcyferka9 » #730692

On another note, why wasn't I banned the moment I brought this argument up? Why was I told I wouldn't be banned for expressing my opinion by an admin? Somehow it was fully clear to the people participating in the argument that my arguments were completely clearly and rationally not meant to be offensive at all and it was not even close to being so. I believe that you misunderstood the whole thing and I wish for a headadmin to review this, even if they are already biased against me.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #730704

Billcyferka9 wrote: On another note, why wasn't I banned the moment I brought this argument up?
Because I did not see it then.
Billcyferka9 wrote: Why was I told I wouldn't be banned for expressing my opinion by an admin?
Because they were wrong. Justice isn't a discord jannie nor can they say you will or will not have actions taken upon you by the discord moderation team.
Billcyferka9 wrote: Somehow it was fully clear to the people participating in the argument that my arguments were completely clearly and rationally not meant to be offensive at all and it was not even close to being so.
And they were reported after to me by members of that argument after they took a look at what you said again.
Billcyferka9 wrote: I believe that you misunderstood the whole thing and I wish for a headadmin to review this, even if they are already biased against me.
You're getting your review, headmins have been notified.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #730746

Billcyferka9 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:49 pm On another note, why wasn't I banned the moment I brought this argument up? Why was I told I wouldn't be banned for expressing my opinion by an admin?
Foremost, I apologize for the confusion.

This is what I told you in tg-general:

Besides Omega's relevant input about me being a Game Admin and not a Discord Jannie, I'd like to clarify that, at the moment of the discussion, I didn't interpret what you were saying in a bigoted way and therefore found it to be a controversial, yet not rulebreaking opinion to share. As I said, opinions aren't bannable on their own and I understood yours to be reasonable at the moment. My current thoughts about the ban are, as you might've already figured out, irrelevant to the ban or the appeal, for the sake of policy. Just wanted to clear it up for you since that can look quite hypocritical or unfair.
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
iwishforducks wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:50 pm lol i had gay anal sex with your father
dendydoom
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #731182

we are choosing to uphold this ban.

there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said. this expression has a history behind it, which you've been spoken to about before.

i don't live inside your head, i cannot ever know what you truly think and feel about these things, but the way in which you express them we find incompatible with what we want for our community and the wellbeing of its participants.

dendy: uphold
tattle: uphold
kieth: uphold
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW: