Tank transfer valve bomb nerf.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
hspace
Byond Username: Hspace

Tank transfer valve bomb nerf.

Post by hspace » #109365

Mass bombing the station is a relatively easy thing to do. It takes less than 3 minutes to make 6 maxcap bombs and you can even detonate all 6 of them at once with your voice.They do ruin the rounds very fast and very early on.I think it will be a good idea to make tank transfer valve bombs not fit in a backpack.One bomb is manageable for the crew to deal with , but more than one render the station irreparable and the shuttle has to be called.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Tank transfer valve bomb nerf.

Post by PKPenguin321 » #109389

so you want the bomb cap lowered
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
hspace
Byond Username: Hspace

Post by hspace » #109402

Its not about how big the bomb is(unless its like 20/40/60).Its about how 1 person can end the round in the first 5 minutes because he can carry 6 bombs at once.I want bombs not to fit in the bag.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #109404

No, bombs and the singulo are the only two ways to get the shuttle called because you bob the builder types want to marathon every round ever.

Sorry, but I'd like a meaningful resolution at some point in my game. And short of killing the AI, calling it yourself, and camping the comms console hoping nobody secrectly built another and is recalling at the one minute mark for laughs(Looking at you stickymayhem) this is the only way.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #109410

Falamazeer wrote:No, bombs and the singulo are the only two ways to get the shuttle called because you bob the builder types want to marathon every round ever.
The shuttle practically calls itself these days. The command staff frequently live in a land called absurdistan, when as soon as a set number of traitors have been eliminated, the shuttle is called - which is the exact opposite of the IC intent of the shuttle.

But you're right. There's an odd balance between "we want a new round" and "bob the builder wants extended". This is the same old conflict of ideas that has long gone unaddressed and needs reconciliation in terms of the direction of game design.

Edit: Dumb
Last edited by invisty on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mime: Depresso
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #109423

The OP is saying 'make them bulky items, like defibrillators, drills or fire axes'.
hspace wrote:Its not about how big the bomb is(unless its like 20/40/60).Its about how 1 person can end the round in the first 5 minutes because he can carry 6 bombs at once.I want bombs not to fit in the bag.
This could work, actually. They'd be harder to transport without being seen (unless you have a bag of holding), but retain their capabilities.
However, the tanks needed are both medium items - we'd have to make the valve itself a bulky item to stop people carrying the parts around and building them on-site (like Securitrons).
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #109453

I understand the concern, but I'd rather that bombs were kept small enough to be concealed in backpacks. It's a limitation of our storage system, if we could hide one bomb and no more in a backpack it would be a better option.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #109466

afaik that's going to become a thing soonish anyway

there's a neat PR on github about it
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #109522

that's not how the pr works
backpacks wont be able to hold bulky items whether or not it gets pulled
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #109536

TheNightingale wrote:The OP is saying 'make them bulky items, like defibrillators, drills or fire axes'.
hspace wrote:Its not about how big the bomb is(unless its like 20/40/60).Its about how 1 person can end the round in the first 5 minutes because he can carry 6 bombs at once.I want bombs not to fit in the bag.
This could work, actually. They'd be harder to transport without being seen (unless you have a bag of holding), but retain their capabilities.
However, the tanks needed are both medium items - we'd have to make the valve itself a bulky item to stop people carrying the parts around and building them on-site (like Securitrons).
Well, even if all the parts are medium items then BoH notwithstanding it would still limit them to two rather than six (or three if the valve fits in a box/pocket).
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #109563

Some players are weak and will evac after a single bombing anyway the other 5 are just icing on the cake.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #109785

Actually I like the sound of that. Having to conceal the components in your backpack and then build them on or close to where you want to hide the bombs unless you've got a bag of holding would make mass bombing the station something that requires a good bit of time and cunning invested in it as opposed to just shoving six max cap bombs in your backpack and then tossing them here and there like confetti. A little idea I just had as well would be a traitor item you could order (perhaps a brief case of holding, complete with a combo lock?) that has a single slot for a bulky item that you could use to lug around a single bomb.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #109798

Is it possible to make the valve becomes bulky only after you attach 1 or both tanks to it?

Then you can still hide all the parts in a bag, you just have to assemble it after.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #110005

GIve traitorling some love before you destroy one of their last ways to force a shuttle call.

Yes some crews have the decency to call at a reasonable time when traitors get their ass handed to them (and they usually do), but it's downright torture (aka extended) when you have the EMERGENCY SHUTTLE IS ONLY FOR EMERGENCIES (please stahp) captain trying to set his new score for most braindead/longest length of a round.

Once, and only once, traitors and lings can stand on their own two feet, then the completed bomb being too bulky for bags is a nice solution (you can still assemble on-site for some hope of stealth). The biggest problem it raises is that Syndicate satchels and hidden bombs open up a lot of really hilarious bomb shenanigans that I would not want removed, so either syndiesatchels become like bags of holding or some other solution must be addressed.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #110057

You can still use grenades and single tank bombs in smugglers' satchels.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #110063

TheNightingale wrote:You can still use grenades and single tank bombs in smugglers' satchels.
If you have bluespace grenades that hit bomb cap I feel you deserve that explosion
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #110106

Bombadil wrote:If you have bluespace grenades that hit bomb cap I feel you deserve that explosion
Not that hard. Large grenade casing with two bluespace beakers (One with 300 units of potassium and another 300 units of water) makes an impressive explosion.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #110109

Anonmare wrote:
Bombadil wrote:If you have bluespace grenades that hit bomb cap I feel you deserve that explosion
Not that hard. Large grenade casing with two bluespace beakers (One with 300 units of potassium and another 300 units of water) makes an impressive explosion.
It's no longer bomb cap though I may be wrong

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #110110

Anonmare wrote:
It's no longer bomb cap though I may be wrong

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #110119

it's like right below I'm pretty sure, but Bluespess Beakers are so late game that they're acceptable
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #110123

I like this idea. People can still carry the valves and tanks, but they have to assemble the bomb at the location unless they want to carry it around in plain sight. Bombs are still as potent and will still force shuttle calls, but sextuple-bombings will take a while longer.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #110142

Luke Cox wrote:I like this idea. People can still carry the valves and tanks, but they have to assemble the bomb at the location unless they want to carry it around in plain sight. Bombs are still as potent and will still force shuttle calls, but sextuple-bombings will take a while longer.
Making it take longer but otherwise being the same isn't really a good thing. Just means the traitor is spending more time but having less fun to achieve the same effect without really changing much about the situation to make it more interesting.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #110147

Or it means you have more chances to stop them mid bombing run.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #110209

Can we have it be on an interaction timer for the assembly rather than click click click done?
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #110238

An interaction timer just means you spend five minutes longer in Toxins, and then the bombs happen anyway.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #110245

TheNightingale wrote:An interaction timer just means you spend five minutes longer in Toxins, and then the bombs happen anyway.
I mean along side the nerf to bag space.

You have to spend like say 15 seconds assembling each part at the bomb spot.