[PickleInspector] Cptnobvious - Meta Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Cptnobvious

[PickleInspector] Cptnobvious - Meta Ban

Post by Cptnobvious » #13089

Byond account and character name: Cptnobvious. I'm unsure about my character name as the ban was go long ago. White Knight something though.
Banning admin: PickleInspector
Ban reason and length: Metagaming / Perma
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2013-08-03 5:09:04(CDT)

Your side of the story:
My attempt to tell the story as clearly as possible: My friends who also recieved bans and I were joining the server, two of them for the first time. The impulse to join came from the three of us who had played before recanting the tale of a round where the HoP had made us his knights and we had fought spiders or something. Thus the matching names. Our intention was to take assistant jobs and do various helpful things in an attempt to teach the newer players how the game worked. Since it was like 3am on our join we didn't think anyone would mind very much. PickleInspector noticed this as would be expected when five people have matching names and started hounding us, leading to him knocking me out and dragging me around the station to see if my friends would show up through metagame. They did and we were banned.
To explain why they showed up (they only being one as I specifically told them not to), I mentioned I was trapped in a room (with room name) and asked them if they knew how I could get out. I didn't want them to actually come and let me out, I was more hoping for an explanation on how to do it myself but when they showed up at the door there was really nothing I could do.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Well, it's been almost a year for one. I had no intention of goonsquading the traitors or otherwise ruining the round through our cooperation. I've learned that cooperation, even when trying to help, can kind of ruin the balance of a round. Also as I told PickleInspector while we were talking through PMs I didn't realize it would turn into such a problem and we wouldn't do it again next round. I'm sorry that our communication out of game turned into such a big problem and I can promise it won't be done again if the ban is lifted.

Edit: I'd like to point out I'm not trying to say I did nothing wrong. I'm just trying to appeal as a lot of time has passed and I'd like a second chance.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: [PickleInspector] Cptnobvious - Meta Ban

Post by elyina » #16307

If you are still checking this thread post a response, I will look into getting this lifted.