spooky russian codebase

General SS13 Chat
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Re: spooky russian codebase

Post by Atticat » #264431

Bottom post of the previous page:

Looking down at the halls through the windows as captain sounds incredibly dope. This open up so many great possibilities for lavaland, too.

Are we gonna implement a jump button?

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #264442

Atticat wrote:Looking down at the halls through the windows as captain sounds incredibly dope. This open up so many great possibilities for lavaland, too.
GHOST
TOWERS
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #264507

Speaking of Lavaland, I had a idea for a partial remake of the Lavaland mining base if we get multi-z levels, create a sort of proper upper landing zone.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #264508

WE CAN MAKE A DWARF FORTRESS MAP
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #264517

Alternative idea to have the mining base be in three levels. This includes a underground level, the ground floor and the upper level.
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #264545

I'm not really sure how much more stress every z-level is going to add, if you have a station with 3 levels and a mining base with 3 levels that's 4 new z-levels and 4*255 new turfs.

And atmos processing is going to become more complicated with inter-z-level interaction.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #264546

Ricotez wrote:I'm not really sure how much more stress every z-level is going to add, if you have a station with 3 levels and a mining base with 3 levels that's 4 new z-levels and 4*255 new turfs.

And atmos processing is going to become more complicated with inter-z-level interaction.
Not much more, atmos tiles move in 4 directions, this would up it to 6 (UP and DOWN are byond dirs)
私は完璧
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #264571

Maps looks much nicer with the new vg lighting, here's a ingame image of the level 1 of RusStation.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #264573

isn't it absurd that it took years of development for an atmospheric toolboxing simulator to have atmosphere
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #264574

DemonFiren wrote:isn't it absurd that it took years of development for an atmospheric toolboxing simulator to have atmosphere
You know that's not what that meeeeeaaaans!
私は完璧
Saul_Myers
Byond Username: Saul_Myers

Post by Saul_Myers » #264647

Heard you need a cyka from vodkaland.
Native russian reporting in.
I know jack shit about programming, but I aspire to become a translator. Already translated at least a part of one game to russian, translating to english is usually much easier.
I'll be glad to help.
tbh english is my drug. I find myself thinking in english, sometimes speaking to myself in english and it brings great joy to me. I'll be really happy to offer any help I can.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #264651

As German I know that feel, but when do we Germans ever get any crazy programmers?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #264681

Saul_Myers wrote:Heard you need a cyka from vodkaland.
Native russian reporting in.
I know jack shit about programming, but I aspire to become a translator. Already translated at least a part of one game to russian, translating to english is usually much easier.
I'll be glad to help.
tbh english is my drug. I find myself thinking in english, sometimes speaking to myself in english and it brings great joy to me. I'll be really happy to offer any help I can.
1. Thanks for the help, but I've rolled my own custom system for efficiency
2. This is very common for people who speak a second language, you tend to think in it more often and make better decisions in it (due to your brain having to work harder, it takes longer, and thus ends up thinking on decisions for longer tending to an overall improvement in judgement)
私は完璧
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #264944

It looks pretty good, it's only missing Remie's south 3D thing.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #264945

The fact this is actually a possible thing and its being worked on is making me moist. Keep going.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #264947

One step closer to 3Dspessmen.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #266060

Hey remie, just curious, would it be possible to give lower z levels a pixel offset? Like maybe 16 or 24 or even 32 pixels down. I think it'd be useful to see vertical stretches of walls to give the impression of verticality.

Also, how feasible would it be to see things above you? It'd really help if, when you're in an open room, you can see multiple z levels above you, like balconies. There's a severe disconnect when you can only look down that way.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #266062

WJohnston wrote:Hey remie, just curious, would it be possible to give lower z levels a pixel offset? Like maybe 16 or 24 or even 32 pixels down. I think it'd be useful to see vertical stretches of walls to give the impression of verticality.

Also, how feasible would it be to see things above you? It'd really help if, when you're in an open room, you can see multiple z levels above you, like balconies. There's a severe disconnect when you can only look down that way.
entirely possible to shift it, yes, I've considered it myself, but I won't test that until it's all done and ready.

There won't be any "seeing up", but you will be able to throw your client's eye up one z level (like lifeweb), allowing you to see the Z above as if you were on it (this means effectively seeing YOURSELF a z below), but only where there's holes, obviously.
私は完璧
WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #266067

Hm, if I were to design a station around this, I'd have to make sure to include a pretty huge amount of 3d elements to really help with understanding your surroundings. Balconies and overpasses and whatnot are gonna be very common.

I think this'd be a lot of fun to work with.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #266074

This looks really pretty and would definitely be a great addition visually and gameplay wise. Now we can truly be agent 47 and snipe people from balconies!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #266358

Expect delays, I've just about lost all my goodwill for the SS13 community.
私は完璧
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #266359

WJohnston wrote:Hm, if I were to design a station around this, I'd have to make sure to include a pretty huge amount of 3d elements to really help with understanding your surroundings. Balconies and overpasses and whatnot are gonna be very common.

I think this'd be a lot of fun to work with.
The Russian Station is a good showcase for this, it makes good usage of the added dimension.
Remie Richards wrote:Expect delays, I've just about lost all my goodwill for the SS13 community.
A shame, hope you'll regain your goodwill over time.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #266369

Remie Richards wrote:Expect delays, I've just about lost all my goodwill for the SS13 community.
:honkman: :revolver:
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #266438

don't expect anything good ever from this community
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #266453

What happened remie?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #266503

>see a remie post in the thread
>excited as fuck
>read the post
>die inside

A bunch of cunts emerged from the woodworks to bully Remie on a github PR, a lot from outside our community but some from ours. Like it was a little disagreement but then a bunch of people just swooped in with straight up name calling and outright hostility.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #266504

PKPenguin321 wrote:>see a remie post in the thread
>excited as fuck
>read the post
>die inside

A bunch of cunts emerged from the woodworks to bully Remie on a github PR, a lot from outside our community but some from ours. Like it was a little disagreement but then a bunch of people just swooped in with straight up name calling and outright hostility.
ITT: genuine rage

what the fuck, that's ridiculous
Limey wrote:its too late.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #266541

ITT: Why coders don't trust the community and why we can't have nice things.
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #266543

a thin skin won't get you very far in life
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #266544

oranges wrote:a thin skin won't get you very far in life
Neither does needlessly shitting on people, but you wouldn't know that would you?
私は完璧
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #266545

I dunno I've got pretty far so far.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #266547

It would be a shame if some childish bigots stopped you contributing to something you enjoy doing Remie, I just dont' want to see them win is all.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #266550

Nice save fruit man.

Keyword was "delays", not cancellation.
I have lost a lot of my goodwill for some people at this point, but I also don't want the people I do still care about to miss out just because of some pathetic individuals.
私は完璧
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #266617

your avatar is hot so you must be a good person

seriously though, hope it didn't get to you too badly
Limey wrote:its too late.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #266805

I'll fight them
Spoiler:
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #267451

heck those people

HECK THEM RIGHT IN THEIR HECKIN BUTTS
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #267939

I hope you didnt give up on this project, it seemed legitimately cool and interesting
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #268387

PKPenguin321 wrote:>see a remie post in the thread
>excited as fuck
>read the post
>die inside

Spacemen will never be able to into depth. :sad:
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #268424

hey listen

Sorry about getting angry over the statue

It was just a shitty sprite
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #268425

Also if you're quitting and or delaying drop the source
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #268426

I mean you did turn what was supposed to be a memorial based on someone's death into a gender issue for no reason since anyone could see that the sprite was androgynous.

Not that I condone what happened, but you opened that can of worms on your own.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #268437

cat's out of the bag abort ABORT
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #268450

D&B wrote:I mean you did turn what was supposed to be a memorial based on someone's death into a gender issue for no reason since anyone could see that the sprite was androgynous.

Not that I condone what happened, but you opened that can of worms on your own.
No disrespect was meant, in fact, that was the whole point.
It was expanded from a memorial to Arc, to a memorial for everyone, it was about being inclusive and respectful
So GOD forbid I suggest we go a tiny bit further to make sure it's doing what it should, and I'm shat all over? Totally fair right guys, totally.
WJohnston wrote:cat's out of the bag abort ABORT
?
私は完璧
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #268477

I want to live in a world where I can elbow-drop the HoS from the third story as a clown.

Don't take this away from me. please.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #268500

It's not over, just delayed.
I need time to actually work on it, so it'll probably be the weekend.
私は完璧
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #268534

Changing zlevels or looking on different zlevels is definitely going to require some new hotkeys and HUD buttons.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #268559

For anybody interested, the IP for the spooky russian server is byond://ss13.ru:2511

We should really host it sometime on the third server.
Space Station 13 2017-03-16 134950.png

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #268594

ShadowDimentio wrote:Changing zlevels or looking on different zlevels is definitely going to require some new hotkeys and HUD buttons.
this is correct, yes.
My plan is for a little head looking up to slide out onto your UI when you can look up, and slide off again when you can't, when it's enabled it'll instead look straight forward, to indicate you can look back at your normal Z.

Going up and down with items (jetpacks) or abilities (xenos?) will just be action buttons.
私は完璧
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #269006

Ctrl pgup/down for flight would be fuckin sick tho
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #269007

Remie Richards wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Changing zlevels or looking on different zlevels is definitely going to require some new hotkeys and HUD buttons.
this is correct, yes.
My plan is for a little head looking up to slide out onto your UI when you can look up, and slide off again when you can't, when it's enabled it'll instead look straight forward, to indicate you can look back at your normal Z.

Going up and down with items (jetpacks) or abilities (xenos?) will just be action buttons.
>slide out heads
Spoiler:
Implement children when?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #269019

DemonFiren wrote: >slide out heads
Spoiler:
Implement children when?
Amusingly, not far off.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4.34 KiB) Viewed 17473 times
私は完璧